New Forum "Appliances"

BluntestTech

It would be nice if there were a appliances section. It would make sense because there are more and more "smart" appliances like robot vacuums, smart ovens, smart microwaves etc... Not sure if this belongs to suggestions but it is a suggestion related to forum and i havent seen section where appliances could be categorized.

Start your own "New Forum" on "Smart Appliances"

The thread might become as many posts as the Car thread.

or did you mean a new YT Channel?

or maybe a different forum all together separate from LTT?

Say Linus' Smart Appliances dot com

I'd like to see him do say autonomous grass cutter or bush trimmer.

I could see "other" being a useful sub-forum in consumer electronics as I think it would actually be used (only problem is I see some overlapping threads with hobby electronics), whereas I think "appliances" would be too specific and won't be used enough. However, general is fine for these type of topics so do we really need a new sub-forum? :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Start your own "New Forum" on "Smart Appliances"

might become as many posts as the Car thread.

Did you mean a new YT Channel?

or maybe a different forum all together separate from LTT?

Say Linus' Smart Appliances dot com

I think OP means new sub-forum, not a completely new forum :P

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

who knows what the OP was meaning, but I assumed that, hence my very first comment in the thread.

But you never know.

Question is, would it be placed in Off Topic or General

Time will tell.

Smart appliances can go in General Discussion, and there's not much relevance for non-smart appliances on here (but you could post in Off Topic if you wanted). There's just not enough content to justify a dedicated section for them at the moment though.

If we start finding that lots of smart appliance topics are being posted, we will consider splitting it off into its own section.

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I meant pretty much adding that as pretty much to anywhere Great Beings created this world we know as LTT. Also came back so soon because thought that tabletop/pen and paper RPG section could also be something ( Video Games could be changed to Games and tabletop/pen and paper RPG could be added to that) this would also seems like reasonable idea because if i remember correctly some of the LTT crew actually played D&D atleast ( Luke atleast if i remember correctly ) 

16 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Smart appliances can go in General Discussion, and there's not much relevance for non-smart appliances on here (but you could post in Off Topic if you wanted). There's just not enough content to justify a dedicated section for them at the moment though.

If we start finding that lots of smart appliance topics are being posted, we will consider splitting it off into its own section.

It could also be that there isnt much smart or non-smart appliances (mostly smart) discuss because people cant find proper place to post ? Its like if store keeps the milk at the sports equipment section and then wonder why there isnt demand for milk.

Edited by BluntestTech
Changed "there arent much smart" to "there isnt much smart"

Isnt this mostly a tech forum?

8 minutes ago, BluntestTech said:

It could also be that there isnt much smart or non-smart appliances (mostly smart) discuss because people cant find proper place to post ? Its like if store keeps the milk at the sports equipment section and then wonder why there isnt demand for milk.

Creating a dedicated section would undoubtedly result in some more people using it, but I've looked through the last 4 pages (100 topics) in General Discussion and there were 0 topics related to smart appliances, which does suggest that there just isn't much interest.

HTTP/2 203