27" Main monitor next to 24" side monitor look dumb?

Wufflez

Right now I have a 24" IPS 1080p 60hz monitor that I want to make my second monitor and I want to replace it with a main 144hz monitor but I'm stuck on deciding between two options
Option 1:

27" VA 1440p 144hz Curved monitor 
Option 2:
24" VA 1080p 144hz Curved monitor

I'm not sure if it would be too annoying to have two different sized screens, and if it isn't I'm sure I would be buying a 1440p monitor in the future. or should I save ~$80 get the smaller 1080p monitor to match the size of my current?
My graphics card is a gtx 970

Just now, Thinkfreely said:

Your 970 will have a hard time even pushing 60 fps at 1440p. However I always lean towards bigger to have more usable screen.

I agree with you, but if and when I'm running a resource intensive game I could lower the resolution to 1080p until I upgrade my graphics card. But would you have two different sized screens for more screen space or keep it neat and use two of the same sized screen?

1 minute ago, Wufflez said:

I agree with you, but if and when I'm running a resource intensive game I could lower the resolution to 1080p until I upgrade my graphics card. But would you have two different sized screens for more screen space or keep it neat and use two of the same sized screen?

I would get the 27inch if you can afford it

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

I have that kind of setup and I dont find it annoying at all. I couldnt care less. I also have a 15cm gap between the screens.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

I have that kind of setup and I dont find it annoying at all. I couldnt care less. I also have a 15cm gap between the screens.

15cm?? Why so apart?

2 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

15cm?? Why so apart?

Why not? A bit more space for mouse

IMG_20180307_212450.thumb.jpg.2cf2cc358b29ed70597a99c201078396.jpg

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Why not? A bit more space for mouse

IMG_20180307_212450.thumb.jpg.2cf2cc358b29ed70597a99c201078396.jpg

Your setup confuses me, but the difference in sizes doesn't seem to be a bother

12 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

I personally use a 27" 4k monitor next to a 24" 1080p monitor the only bit of advice is when you change the resolution in a game for the main monitor windows can really mess up and mess with the resolution and scaling of the second monitor to the point of not being able to use it and pushing windows and mouse inputs off by a lot. That being said the original question of the physical size difference has never bothered me even a little. And even though the 970 might have trouble at 1440p when you are ready for an upgrade you will be much happier with 1440p than 1080p.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

1 minute ago, palespartan said:

I personally use a 27" 4k monitor next to a 24" 1080p monitor the only bit of advice is when you change the resolution in a game for the main monitor windows can really mess up and mess with the resolution and scaling of the second monitor to the point of not being able to use it and pushing windows and mouse inputs off by a lot. That being said the origonal question of the physical size difference has never bothered me even a little. And even though the 970 might have trouble at 1440p when you are ready for an upgrade you will be much happier with 1440p than 1080p.

I use custom resulution on my 1080p monitor to match my main monitor. In this case, 1440p. It solves the issue.

1 minute ago, palespartan said:

I personally use a 27" 4k monitor next to a 24" 1080p monitor the only bit of advice is when you change the resolution in a game for the main monitor windows can really mess up and mess with the resolution and scaling of the second monitor to the point of not being able to use it and pushing windows and mouse inputs off by a lot. That being said the original question of the physical size difference has never bothered me even a little. And even though the 970 might have trouble at 1440p when you are ready for an upgrade you will be much happier with 1440p than 1080p.

Does the messing with the mouse inputs apply to both windowed and fullscreen?

3 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

Does the messing with the mouse inputs apply to both windowed and fullscreen?

no for me it only applied to full screen if you play windowed fullscreen it was even fine but was definitely a bit of a hassle to get used to at first. Still wouldn't change my setup though having two monitors is just too nice to go back after.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

Having a 24" and a 27" side by side isn't as annoying as having two 27" monitors, one 1440p, the other 4K, and having dead space where the mouse doesn't go to the smaller resolution screen due to the way OSes draw the desktop and don't account for the physical size of the monitor.