Huawei mate 10 lite good?

Walt
3 minutes ago, The Viking said:

The mate 10 lite isn't confirmed yet to get android 8.0

The mate 10 series (mate 10 and mate 10 pro, not lite) already come with Android 8.0 out of the box. The P series flagships (P9, P10) are also getting Android 8.0. 

The Mate 10 series already supports Treble: https://www.xda-developers.com/project-treble-aosp-android-oreo-huawei-mate-10-pro/

Here's a list of devices that support Treble: https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/26/phones-updated-support-project-treble-continuously-updated/

From what I understand, if your device includes Android 8.0 (Oreo) out of the box, it supports Treble.

yeah, all that info is on GSMareana, including the lite which doesn't get android 8.0

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_10-8877.php

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_10_pro-8854.php

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_10_lite-8857.php

i think i heard about treble being supported for Android 8.0 (Oreo) out of the box is true, but it is always good to double check anyway

1 minute ago, General Winter said:

-snip-

7 minutes ago, The Viking said:

-snip-

7 minutes ago, The Viking said:

-snip-

I was talking about the newly launched huawei p20 lite. Sorry if that was unclear. 

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

13 hours ago, Walt said:

I was talking about the newly launched huawei p20 lite. Sorry if that was unclear. 

p20 lite hasn't launched. 

5ab20d76ec136_Paris2018(fromyoutube).jpg.c68b247fd506fadde851021e179abf31.jpg

it'll probably include oreo 8.0 out of the box though, so yes, it should support treble. Just wait till launch date.

5 hours ago, The Viking said:

p20 lite hasn't launched. 

5ab20d76ec136_Paris2018(fromyoutube).jpg.c68b247fd506fadde851021e179abf31.jpg

it'll probably include oreo 8.0 out of the box though, so yes, it should support treble. Just wait till launch date.

It has launched! 

Forum: Huawei P20 lite

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

1 hour ago, Walt said:

It has launched! 

Forum: Huawei P20 lite

no. It has been LEAKED.

Leaking isn't launching.

It is officially announced the 27th March. 27 March 2018. Why would you launch a phone before announcing it?

edit: after extra research, seems some countries got the lite version already out. But not on this side of europe so my point still stands, it isn't out... for us.

23 minutes ago, The Viking said:

no. It has been LEAKED.

Leaking isn't launching.

It is officially announced the 27th March. 27 March 2018. Why would you launch a phone before announcing it?

edit: after extra research, seems some countries got the lite version already out. But not on this side of europe so my point still stands, it isn't out... for us.

Oh really? I can order it and have it deliverd in 1-2 days.

16 minutes ago, Walt said:

Oh really? I can order it and have it deliverd in 1-2 days.

:| I tried to find it but I couldn't? not in belgium or france. You have a link? I was thinking of gifting one to my girlfriend

1 minute ago, The Viking said:

:| I tried to find it but I couldn't? not in belgium or france. You have a link? I was thinking of gifting one to my girlfriend

The Dutch shop I will be buying it from is the MediaMarkt.

https://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/product/_huawei-p20-lite-64gb-dualsim-zwart-1563040.html

To see all the Dutch shops who sell this phone, take a look here:

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1160011/huawei-p20-lite-zwart.html

32 minutes ago, Walt said:

The Dutch shop I will be buying it from is the MediaMarkt.

https://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/product/_huawei-p20-lite-64gb-dualsim-zwart-1563040.html

To see all the Dutch shops who sell this phone, take a look here:

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1160011/huawei-p20-lite-zwart.html

funny, Media Markt here in belgium doesn't have it yet xD I see a belgian shop that has it but it's flemish side...

it does look like the p20 lite has android 8.0 out of the box so yes it supports treble. So, you taking the p20 lite or the mate 10 lite at the end? :P

Just now, The Viking said:

funny, Media Markt here in belgium doesn't have it yet xD I see a belgian shop that has it but it's flemish side...

it does look like the p20 lite has android 8.0 out of the box so yes it supports treble. So, you taking the p20 lite or the mate 10 lite at the end? :P

I'm going to take a look at the p20 lite in the shop. So I can see it before I buy. But if the notch is not as bad as everyone says I think I'm going for it.

26 minutes ago, The Viking said:

ps. Is their a way of checking if the phone has ufs or emmc?

1 hour ago, Walt said:

ps. Is their a way of checking if the phone has ufs or emmc?

it's more complex than that. Usually EU gets UFS, while eMMC is limited to chinese market, IF there's a supply issue. But some sellers will import the chinese model and then you can be unlucky and get that one by mistake.

You can watch this video if you are interested: 

Basically the guys explain how the good products are exported and the bad ones sold to the chinese.

Otherwise, you could check a reviewer website who got a unit from Huawei for the review, see what their read/write speeds are, download the app on the device and check for yourself. Though I wouldn't be worried about UFS/eMMC, it just means loading times in some specific things could be longer (it's like getting a good ssd and a "bad" ssd, they are both still fast but one is faster than the other).

Now, what I don't know is how far this thing went. It seems they did do it on the P10 series and the Mate 9 series too, but only for a short period of time. So I don't think you should be worried about that.

2 hours ago, Walt said:

I'm going to take a look at the p20 lite in the shop. So I can see it before I buy. But if the notch is not as bad as everyone says I think I'm going for it.

Sincerely I dislike the notch, even as fan of Huawei, I don't agree with the choice. Though there's probably a reason behind it. Either copy of iphone or just... comfort? Here's a pic I found on google, it looks... alright?

huawei-p20-lite-hands-on.jpg.7ea66f81b89c34c7b6aaf5cb556028a7.jpg

1 hour ago, The Viking said:

Basically the guys explain how the good products are exported and the bad ones sold to the chinese

Good to know. I don't really care about ufs 2 or 2.1 but emmc...

1 hour ago, The Viking said:

Sincerely I dislike the notch, even as fan of Huawei, I don't agree with the choice. Though there's probably a reason behind it. Either copy of iphone or just... comfort?

I never used a phone with a notch longer then 10 minutes but in my opinion it's a good idea. The phone has a larger screen and the things at the top (clock, wifi, batter etc.) are filling the empty space.

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Good to know. I don't really care about ufs 2 or 2.1 but emmc...

you get 14 days to test the phone and return it if unhappy, remember that ;) 

but i have to say a few things:

1. some people just want to talk sh*t of other brands, so don't pay much attention to the storage thing

2. it's the "lite" version=budget

3. after a lot of research, it seems most Huawei devices use "slow" storage. All the benchmarks for the "lite" versions show ~200mb/s, up until the P10 and Mate 10 Pro, those two scoring very high read/write scores (500-700 mb/s). I wouldn't be surprised if the P20 Lite also uses this ~200mb/s storage, while the P20 standard uses the faster 500mb/s storage.

After all, what the other dude talking about UFS and eMMC forgot to mention (and got wrong) is that this slow memory issue only affected the P10/P10 Plus/Mate 9 phones, and not the P9 flagship as he was saying. The articles also don't mention the lite series, and this issue seems to be really random and having taken place during a short period of time, with newer P10's all having the expected read/write speeds.

What am saying is, I do not believe the P "Lite" series uses UFS storage. To me, it looks like they use the slower eMMC or something else, but only allows up to ~200mb/s vs 500-700mb/s on the high end phones (P/Mate).

I have used futuremark to check the scores of pretty much P8, P9, P10, and their lite counterparts, as well as Mate 9 and Mate 10 Pro and a few Honor devices, and most of them score around the ~200mb/s. You can check by yourself https://www.futuremark.com/hardware/mobile/Huawei+P10+Lite/review 

On 21-3-2018 at 10:22 PM, The Viking said:

you get 14 days to test the phone and return it if unhappy, remember that ;) 

but i have to say a few things:

1. some people just want to talk sh*t of other brands, so don't pay much attention to the storage thing

2. it's the "lite" version=budget

3. after a lot of research, it seems most Huawei devices use "slow" storage. All the benchmarks for the "lite" versions show ~200mb/s, up until the P10 and Mate 10 Pro, those two scoring very high read/write scores (500-700 mb/s). I wouldn't be surprised if the P20 Lite also uses this ~200mb/s storage, while the P20 standard uses the faster 500mb/s storage.

After all, what the other dude talking about UFS and eMMC forgot to mention (and got wrong) is that this slow memory issue only affected the P10/P10 Plus/Mate 9 phones, and not the P9 flagship as he was saying. The articles also don't mention the lite series, and this issue seems to be really random and having taken place during a short period of time, with newer P10's all having the expected read/write speeds.

What am saying is, I do not believe the P "Lite" series uses UFS storage. To me, it looks like they use the slower eMMC or something else, but only allows up to ~200mb/s vs 500-700mb/s on the high end phones (P/Mate).

I have used futuremark to check the scores of pretty much P8, P9, P10, and their lite counterparts, as well as Mate 9 and Mate 10 Pro and a few Honor devices, and most of them score around the ~200mb/s. You can check by yourself https://www.futuremark.com/hardware/mobile/Huawei+P10+Lite/review 

I just bought it today and I'm really happy with it! There was a 15% sale at my local mediamarkt. Maybe also in Belgium?

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

I just bought it today and I'm really happy with it! There was a 15% sale at my local mediamarkt. Maybe also in Belgium?

ahaha, glad you're happy with your purchase, and I should probably say "welcome to the Huawei family" ;)

no, p20 lite not even out here yet. Though it isn't an issue, I was planning on getting it around christmas. By then the price will have fallen a bit.

enjoy your purchase!