Anyway to remove Acrylic Glass PC case scratches?

GAMINGGUY

Hi, 

So my acrylic glass case has 100s of tiny scratches all over it! I believe it's because I have been cleaning it with a paper towel and not cloth. Is there any product or household items that can remove these?

Thanks

Wet sand it with some very fine grit sand paper, wipe off the sanding debris with wet wash rag, let it dry, wipe again, spray with clear coat.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

2 minutes ago, Revamp said:

Wet sand it with some very fine grit sand paper, wipe off the sanding debris with wet wash rag, let it dry, wipe again, spray with clear coat.

Okay, thank you very much! I'll definitely try this out. 

1 minute ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Okay, thank you very much! I'll definitely try this out. 

No problem, this also works for headlight/taillight repair for scuffed up headlights. Just make sure the damage isn't on the inside or it's pointless lol.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

It's way cheaper and about 10x less time-consuming to have a piece of acrylic custom cut and replace it yourself than to try to carefully repair the acrylic that's already in the case. Odds are unless you have a lot of experience it won't look good, and that's not a commentary on you that's a commentary on almost no one realizing how difficult it is to make small scratches go away without making it worse.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

3 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

It's way cheaper and about 10x less time-consuming to have a piece of acrylic custom cut and replace it yourself than to try to carefully repair the acrylic that's already in the case. Odds are unless you have a lot of experience it won't look good, and that's not a commentary on you that's a commentary on almost no one realizing how difficult it is to make small scratches go away without making it worse.

Wet sanding is pretty foolproof, literally just toss a few pieces of sandpaper in some water, or sand it under running water.

However getting the acrylic out can sometimes be tricky. Some cases are easier than others doing this. If you try to sand it while it's still installed, you will likely scuff the case's paint.

5 hours ago, violentnumeric said:

Most acrylic windows have some janky mounting system with bent tabs in holes.You'll end up having to break the tabs or the window getting it out.Then replacing it is another nightmare its self.Its acrylic you learn to live with scratches and dust sticking to it.Or upgrade to a case with tempered glass if you want a window.

Novus 

I can reccomend Novus as I have used it to buff up Plexi and acrylic on an arcade. It has a heavy and fine grade abrasive for different depths of scratches and an plastic cleaner/antidust repellent. I have even used it with a buffer on some real nasty scratches and got them mostly out - not recommended as it to 3 days to do aand left a clear distortion in the Plexi due to how much buffing I did

17 hours ago, Maurer said:

Novus 

I can reccomend Novus as I have used it to buff up Plexi and acrylic on an arcade. It has a heavy and fine grade abrasive for different depths of scratches and an plastic cleaner/antidust repellent. I have even used it with a buffer on some real nasty scratches and got them mostly out - not recommended as it to 3 days to do aand left a clear distortion in the Plexi due to how much buffing I did

Ok thanks, I’ll do some research on it and see if I wanna use it.