Nzxt H440 - razer edition (airflow, will it work??)

Hello,

I made a topic earlier and got alot of good feedback, and ended up purchasing the Meshify C for the most airflow case aswell as aesthetic. But as i was browsing the used marked, i noticed a Razer edition H440 for only 60 bucks, and it has everything + some minor wear (doesnt bother me much). As this case cost around 220 USD new here in norway i was really considering returning the Meshify C and buy this one instead.

The airflow is no match to the Meshify C out of the box obviously, but im planning to mod the front for a open style, and mod the top for an open style aswell, and i only need to buy 3 more fans for the top, since everything else is already there. Is this a better deal, as theres only minor wear on the case, and im getting it for half the price of the Meshify C (127USD) + it more or less has the same airflow once i mod it.

It will look something like this:

3x120mm front (Stock fans) - With modded bezel and mesh

3x120mm (have to buy fans) top - With modded bezel and mesh

1x120/140mm back (Stock fan) (dont remember which one)

Though i know this will cause a negativ airflow, but quite frankly ive given up on that, as dust will get in the case regardless, and im going to clean it regularly anyways. + its only 1x120mm in negativ, and im okay With that.

Below is a Picture, dont rate my drawing skills, i already know its amazing!

EDIT: forgot to add my pc specs if anyone would like to know. though this case setup is probably overkill, i know :)

MB = Asus Rog Strix B350-F Gaming

CPU = Ryzen 1600 - Stock cooler (im going to swap it out later)

GPU = 1050TI 4gb (also going to swap out later once GPU prices drop)

Ram = 16gb something something

PSU = 550W something something modular

HDD/SSD = Some random stuff, 120gb SSD, 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD ETC..123.thumb.png.7e68169697a249fffa3b72ae3fa1a2c7.png

Should not worry about dust. A cheap canned air will blow all dust away.

Meshify C is more universal. But can I ask what gear you are using?

This chassis cater for Razer fans. If you use anything other than Razer, will it mess up your setup ? :D

38 minutes ago, d3adc3II said:

Should not worry about dust. A cheap canned air will blow all dust away.

Meshify C is more universal. But can I ask what gear you are using?

This chassis cater for Razer fans. If you use anything other than Razer, will it mess up your setup ? :D

Ah yes, i just edited the post With pc specs im buying. And quite honestly i wouldnt care much about the razer logo, its the only h440 case i found used :P. Altough the front Razer logo doesnt work, and it might aswell not, because i would have to cut through it anyways!

Unless you ment gear, as in keyboard, mouse etc. Well no, i quite frankly dont mind going all over the Place. Think i have a Logitech mouse and no idea what keyboard it is, and a corsair?? headset. :D 

Edited by k96

I would probably say yes if you didnt already have the Meshify C, you really wanted to get into modding, or you were a huge Razer supporter. Unless you think you would be worlds happier with modding that case, I'd stick with the Meshify. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I would probably say yes if you didnt already have the Meshify C, you really wanted to get into modding, or you were a huge Razer supporter. Unless you think you would be worlds happier with modding that case, I'd stick with the Meshify. 

I would definetly feel better With modding, as that makes it my own unique case, + its used so i wont feel too scared drilling and cutting into it, compard to a brand New one. Funny story tho, i was going to get in my car and drive to the guy's Place, to pickup the H440 case, my tire was flat. Guess there aint no case for me anytime soon.

I returned the Meshify C though, because i was about drive to get the h440 case. So now im without any case at all, great times!