[Sponsored] Angl3d Ti - Dual Custom Loop EKWB | ASUS ROG | be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | by Zeuligan

Zeuligan

Last piece before the exterior frame is complete is the front. It is also the hardest due to my design choice to expose the 3 front fans. As I have a challenge with the precision with my hand tools, I decided that the only way to get a prefect fit, is to make the holes for the fans to small and then I have to gradually grind them into shape and size, but first things first...

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 01

It doesn't look like it's that much left to do, but with the cut outs I knew I had my work layed out for me

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 02

Started with cutting and filing 4 pieces to start the cut outs. The challenge is that the holes needs to be flat, but I want an angled front. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 03

Lot's of tape to keep the small edges together and in place while setting. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 04

Perfect fit, even if the tape adds to the future sanding job. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 05

I had an idea for a slight indent in the front, to make it less flat. Looks good, but adds another dimension to the complexity of this piece. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 06

Better angle for how the design will look. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 07

Fun feeling to start to see the design take shape. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 08

Almost done with the first cut out, but as I don't have anything to connect the last piece, I needed to start working with the next cut out. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 09

Six small pieces later and the middle cut out is starting to form. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 10

This is a good angle to show the complexity and how many extra pieces is needed to keep the angled design and still ensure flat cut outs. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 11

Many hours later and the front is slowly taking shape

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 12

Two larger triangles to start working on the bottom of the front and the last cut out. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 13

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 14

So small and fragile. Took forever to handfile them into shape, but managed without breaking them. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 15

Added two corresponding angles to the bottom

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 16

Intentionally I didn't close the gap yet. Want to ensure I have a good connection and shape towards the midddle cut out. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 17

One last piece to make the first and top fan cut out ready. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 18

This is how it looks before I go to work with my hand file

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 19

Takes A LOT of filing, but eventually it will be the right shape. 

Front Casemod part 2 for Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan 20

Look at that. First connection and first cut out ready. Long update this one. Next update will hopefully be the full front, but first I'm taking a small break, redesigning my modroom, due to a new very exciting sponsorship with Ryobi. 

Sometimes it ends up just as you hadn't planned and becomes better

Custom gaming PCs and scratch builds - Zeuligan computers

I'll add this small update as well. This is the top, after I sanded it down. Almost ready for paint or vinyl

angl3d-ti-sanded-top-part-768x1024.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It's not that common for me to do an update not directly related to a computer mod, but after the amazing news that Ryobi decided to sponsor me, I had to rebuild my modding room. 

I will just let the pictures speak for themselves. Turned my 2,2x3,1m modding room from a dull and quite ugly place into a modern and functional modding area.
Reason for building as I did, is that I live in a subletting appartment and are not not allowed to do any none-reversable changes to the appartement. This was my modding solution to a modding area without a permanent change to the walls.

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 01

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 02

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 03

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 04

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 05

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 06

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 07

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 08

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 09

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 10

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 11

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 12

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 13

Modding Room Ryobi Sponsorship Modding Eqipment Zeuligan Computers 14

After finishing my modding room and after some back and forth I pulled the trigger on a 3D printer on Black Friday. 2 days later it arrived with, what would become a 2 week headake. 

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 01

I took a decision to buy the Creality CR-10S. Just couldn't justify paying almost 250% more for a Prusa 3.

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 02

Wouldn't be a computer modder and leave the printer untouched :) Ordered some v-slots and went to work on my brand new printer...

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 03

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 04

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 05

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 06

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 07

After a few days later I was happy. I built a 2nd "floor" to the printer and will replace the controllerbox with my own printed design and hide inside the printer. That way I will have a footprint just as small as the printer and can also build an encloser (good for ABS printing etc).
I also replaced fans, added stepper dampeners, printed my own support brackets etc. Fun week.

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 08

After an additional week of tweaks and calibration and cursing I had finally dialed in my printer the way I wanted it.

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 09

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 10

Fairly accurate :)

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 11

That first layer is shiny ❤️

Zeuligan Creality CR-10S 3D printer modding pc equipment 12

First prototype of many for project Angl3d. Testing different fastening brackets and shapes. The finished object will of course be a mesh, as it's an air vent.

After a new modding room and a full stack of amazing tools thx to Ryobi I could get back to modding and project Angl3d Ti. Some parts left to do on the complicated front as well as closing up the bottom and front. 

Angl3d Ti custom pc front part 3 pcmod Zeuligan Computers 01

It was suddenly a dream. The last 3 angles to finish the front took 20min to finish instead of 200min. The saw and sander from Ryobi are monsters. Surprisingly quiet, but so powerful.

Angl3d Ti custom pc front part 3 pcmod Zeuligan Computers 02

This is the last problem area left to do. Joining the bottom piece with the front piece.

Angl3d Ti custom pc front part 3 pcmod Zeuligan Computers 03

Fast work at the new saw and some sanding

Angl3d Ti custom pc front part 3 pcmod Zeuligan Computers 04

And we had a match. Left the piece a little big by choice, need to file it into perfect size to ensure an unvisible joint with the front.

Angl3d Ti custom pc front part 3 pcmod Zeuligan Computers 05

Two larger pieces was all that was left to close up the bottom.

Angl3d Ti custom pc front part 3 pcmod Zeuligan Computers 06

One final test fit before I added the pieces to the bottom. Then I will have to spend a few days sanding...

Angl3d Ti custom pc front part 3 pcmod Zeuligan Computers 07

I spend almost the next week finishing up the 3 pieces. Just not sanding, but filling in all small gaps and uneven surfaces. The large beige section is plastic wood. Had to make up for a less perfect piece, but now it's even and smooth.

Angl3d Ti custom pc front part 3 pcmod Zeuligan Computers 08

Will be so much fun turning this into black matt finish. Exterior is close to finish. Probably got 2 weeks left, sanding down the 3 front holes to perfect shape and size and then desining and 3D-print all the mesh pieces. Need to learn how to print and design...

Merry Christmas everyone 

• 1 month later...

It is one of the best and most time consuming decisions I ever made for my modding - buy a 3D printer. After brutal failures and fun learnings I could start to design and put out prototypes. I knew from start of this mod I wanted to do something special with the GPU. After all, it is the main inspiration for this entire mod. 

3D Printing Fusion 360 planning Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmodding Zeuligan GPU 1080Ti

I went through endless of concepts and iterations in Fusion 360 and spent more time infront of a computer than inside one, but patience payed of.

3D Printing Fusion 360 planning Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmodding Zeuligan GPU 1080Ti

The printer, after my mods, turned out to be very good and I put it to a test - a lot!

3D Printing Fusion 360 planning Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmodding Zeuligan GPU 1080Ti itterations

Lets just say that I went through some iterations and prototypes trying to find something that both looked good, but not to much, to keep the balance between good design and keep the components in focus. Don't mind the poor quality of the prints. They are printed with a prototype profile to keep print times as high as possible. Finished prints will take 20x times as long to print and should look sharp and nice when done.

Vision 3D Printing Fusion 360 planning Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmodding Zeuligan GPU 1080Ti 02

This is my idea for the top, front part. Plan to devide the cover for my 1080Ti in two halves, so I can hide the screws from behind and squeeze the front and back piece ontop of the GPU. Should look clean, be sturdy enough and prevent scratches or invasive alterations to the GPU.

Vision 3D Printing Fusion 360 planning Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmodding Zeuligan GPU 1080Ti

It is a little heavy and to much Batman over this design. I redesigned all the individual components and it should look smoother and more in balance now.

Vision 3D Printing Fusion 360 planning Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmodding Zeuligan EKWB D5 pump cover vision

I love these pump tops from EKWB. I also feel that the round shape will be needed and make a nice contrast to all the polygon edges in this build. That doesn't mean we should leave them unmodded ;)

Vision 3D Printing Fusion 360 planning Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmodding Zeuligan EKWB D5 pump cover prototype 01

After some Fusion 360 iterations and some print iterations this turned out pretty neat. I need to fasten two pumps to the base before anything else, as they will also fasten the bottom floor of the custom angled PSU cover / dual floor. I'm also trying to avoid screws, as it will be very tight to have to add afterwards. A slide in clip was designed to the two pieces to snap them into one when fastened.

Vision 3D Printing Fusion 360 planning Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmodding Zeuligan EKWB D5 pump cover prototype 02

Vision 3D Printing Fusion 360 planning Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmodding Zeuligan EKWB D5 pump cover prototype 03

Vision 3D Printing Fusion 360 planning Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmodding Zeuligan EKWB D5 pump cover prototype 04

Think this will look very good and make the pump tops stand out even more. I'm currently playing with the idea of hiding a RGB led strip inside the base of this cover pointing upwards, not sure if that will look good.

RGB led strips and electronics for pcmod Angl3d Ti custom pc Zeuligan

Speaking of RGB leds. I got 15m of adressable LED strips in various density and countless of connectors and wires. Next step will be to start experimenting with the lightning of the build and components as well as starting on the interior. Stay tuned for more and please let me know what you feel about this update and mod in the comments below.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not an easy task to visualize lighting effects either in your mind or in a CAD program. Best is to try it IRL. As I'm using the Enermax RGB fans I need to use their fan/led controllerbox, so started out with testing LED strips both custom and common without a result I was happy with. 

RGB LED lightning scheme Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmod Zeuligan 03

8 fans and 2 LEd strips, a nice box, but requires their type of connection. 

RGB LED lightning scheme Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmod Zeuligan 01

Last out of the common strips was a Phanteks led strip. Nice light, but not what I need.

RGB LED lightning scheme Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmod Zeuligan 05

After a placement in Sweclockers mod of the month I got a Lighting Node Pro from Corsair (thank you so much) and though I might as well give that a go (was saving it for a future mod).

RGB LED lightning scheme Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmod Zeuligan 04

Very compact, yet so powerful. Starting to go from liking to loving the more I played with it.

RGB LED lightning scheme Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmod Zeuligan 02

RGB LED lightning scheme Angl3d Ti custom pc pcmod Zeuligan 06

After som fiddeling and moving the magnetic LED strips around from Corsair I decided that I definatly with mount 2 LEDs under the case for some nice floor- and indirect lighting effect. I don't want to interfear to much with the mattblack interior that will come, but need light inside the case to make it shine. Will prob mount a rail around and to the side of the MB to give that a nice shine. I do HATE LED spots, so they will be hidden or I will coat them in a sillicon tube to ensure they shine smooth and clean.

Very excited about starting the inside of the case. It has been a long time since I did the PSU Shroud for project Angl3d and feels extra special to start to build around it.

angl3d-ti-interor-custom-pc-casemod-3d-p

It's a beautiful case, the be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900, even without it's amazing exterior. Love the removeable backside, MB tray solution.

Started by cutting a backdrop mounting plate in 3mm plexi for the dual EKWB RGB reservoirs.

Installed the previously created custom EKWB D5 dual pump bracket.

The lower part of the custom PSU shroud still fits perfectly and was snug against the reservoir backplate. But I wasn't happy with the holes for the pump brackets. One side was off with almost 2mm.

Nothing my new Ryobi can't fix. Took a 3mm drill and expanded the holes that was off.

That's what I'm talking about. A much better fit.

Looks really good and scary tight. It will fit, I know that, but still can't help worring a little...

The combination of hard edges of the PSU Shroud polygons with the soft and beautiful roundness of the EKWB D5 plexi tops is just stunning. Can't imagin how ace this will look when the shroud is coated in matte black.

Redesigned the pump-bracket base into a single dual unit. Clearing the PSU shroud with 1,5mm...

It's not a very bid differance, but still believe the little heavier base this 3D printed detail will add to the mod. Slightly angled outwards and angled corners.

For thoose of you that just turned into this log, it's still just printed with a prototype profile, hence the poor quality. The dual bracket is less than 1 hour print and with final profile almost 4h, so will look better ;) Also printing with high quality Swedish black matte filament from add:north for final prints.

Still very proud of the PSU shroud. It will make the beautiful and round water cooling products from EKWB to pop.

Nope, not very clean, but still very ace ;) using for measurements.

Spent a little time adjusting and measuring between the dual pumps, placement of the reservoirs and the GPU. Decided to make a very unconventional mounting of the GPU that will make the placement of the dual reservoirs better. Centered placement over the pumps.

Drilled out 4 holes for the reservoirs and another 6 holes for mounting the backplate to the HDD ladder.

With a full box of a few thousand of countersunk M3, M4, M5 and M6 bolts I couldn't resist making the mounting holes countersunk with a plan for exposing the bolt heads. Color coordinated :)

Leaving room on the right side for hard tubing, fittings and other fun stuff.

It has been a time consuming and fairly tough period to dail in my 3D printer to the level I require, but once done the parts started to roll out the plate. Printed almost 24/7 for the last 3 weeks.

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 013D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 023D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 03

After a few adjustments and attempts I got the design I wanted. Opted for a frame that I then will design and clip-in air intake cover.

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 04

No, it's not a window :D but almost. It's the prototype design for the clip-in design for the air intake. Just added some structural elements to keep it sturdy while testing.

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 05

Fit's perfectly (dimensions are a little of due to prototype printing profile (read speed printing). Will be much better with finished print. Happy with the solution.

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 06

Spent some time testing out different designs and patterns, but decided for hexagons. Classic as well as fitting the design theme. Just harder to print...

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 07

That printer is just pooring out hexagons at a rapid speed. So happy :) Creality CR-10S dialed in...

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 08

Not a bad view, not bad at all. Designed to print the fan intakes with the legs down. This forces the need for a fairly large support structure printed below. Extra filament and almost double the print time. Well worth it as the finished print will almost be flawless.

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 09

Nothing to complain about that...

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 10

Printed the frame in as well, but in end print profile and with Swedish high quality bio friendly plastic from add:north. Beautiful!

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 11

Perfect fit. Will add an air filter on the inside of the hexagon lid. It's printed 3mm thinner than the frame to make room for this.

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 12

Reprinted my dual pump cover in add:north black as well. Just some light sanding and some paint and it should looks perfect.

3D printing Angl3d Ti exterior and interior case mod custom pc zeuligan modding pc 13

With the end print profile, the fit is just perfect. Very happy with the result and well worth the design time in Fusion and prints. 

It is getting closer and closer for each day now before I can start the assembly. One major milestone is to finish the acrylic exterior polygon Angl3d surface and paint them.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 01

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 02

I had deliberatly left the middle circles a little to small. Wanted to ensure I had some wiggle room to make them perfect. Much of the overall finish will depend on the fan holes of the front.

Took quite some time to do this by hand, but the acrylic is just to thin for me to risk using a machine. After a few hours I was happy.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 03

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 04

Gorgeous view and anything as amazing as I hoped for when planning the design. All those hard edges and polygons joining the powerful and round shape of the fans. Will look super with the destinctive front RGB circle of the Enermax fans.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 05

Last prototype print of the air intake cover for the rear top. Hexagon pattern looks ace and the shape and size are dailed down perfect.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 06

After a quick tour in Fusion 360 and 20min print I had the forward facing air intakes covered. Yum.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 07

Mirrored and printed the 2nd air intake prototype. I had to spend some time filing down one of the left edges. The hole wasn't exactly equal to the other at first, but nothing a file and some patience couldn't cure.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 08

After a really poor experience with the plastic wood I finally found what I wanted. Finishing Putty. What an amazing product. This will help me make the finish just perfect.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 09

A lot of extra work and time, but still decided to do a test layer of primer, just to spot all the problems directly. Ouch, that will be A LOT of Putty and sanding needed to make just perfect. Can't even feel some of thoose gaps with my fingers, but spray paint is ruthless. No room for nothing but perfect.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 1

Decided to mark out every single edge I wasn't perfectly happy with on all 3 pieces with a marker.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 11

Yup, that is a lot of Putty and hours needed to sand, but I can't leave this paint finish nothing but perfectly smoth. The polygon design will require a spotless surface.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 12

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 13

This is how much sanding paper and dust I accumulated about every 40min. I spent almost 6h in total sanding that day counted 34 full large sheets of sanding paper.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 14

This turned out to be such a powerful allied. Getting all that dust out from the acrylic pieces was so simple with this powerful tool from my sponsor Ryobi.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 15

First layer and test, -5h.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 16

After about 3h spent it was starting to look ok, but far fram happy. Spent almost 40% of the Putty, but no return now.

Finishing exterior acrylic for Angl3d Ti custom pc modding zeuligan be quiet asus rog 17

Hopefully that will do it. One concern I had was that to much sanding or the wrong angle combined with Putty in the wrong place and I would lose the sharpness of the polygons and the entire mod would be ruined. I ended up printing my self a few sanding blocks, just 20-40mm big. Just to ensure I could get into each corner and follow each surface. Hopefully this will turn out be be enough when I paint. Very excited to start adding primer and finally a few layers of black matte paint before a finishing layer of matte varnish.

The case will be so packed with water cooling, with it's dual pumps and dual reservoirs I felt I needed to position the GPU in a different way. Was also important to create balance. Many polygons in this project. Very easy to go overboard.

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 01

Cranked out the MB backplate and my 1080Ti covered in beautiful EKWB acrylic.

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 02

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 03

Took some measurements, cut and bent some aluminum and drilled holes for mounting. Not very elegant looking, but sturdy.

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 04

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 05

Drilled some holes to the top of the case and taped a fan in place to ensure proper measurements.

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 06

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 07

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 08

I like it. Quick, yet very functional. Don't worry, I don't plan to leave that GPU haning in just an aluminium bracket. One wrong move and we have an expensive water accident on our hands.

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 09

Took two iterations to get what I wanted. The GPU is very beautiful by it's own and due to previously mentioned balance, I wanted to leave polygons out of the ekvation. This is my idea of a 3D printed vertical GPU bracket.

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 10

The 3D printed bracket combined with the aluminum reinforcement will be very sturdy and the bracket will also hide the aluminum angles. Didn't really think I would leave it like that right?

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 12

Almost, the aluminum is sticking out a little. Need to make the bracket longer. Last iteration.

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 11

Yum. The GPU slides into a track in the aluminum and into an equal track in the bracket. Then a fastening bolt goes on the other end, secure the card to the aluminum and 3D printed bracket. The card also slides 2 mm into the bracket, looking it in place in all directions. Not a bad solution if I may say so my self.

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 15

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 16

I printed hex-nut shaped holes on the inside of the brackets, 90% of the size. Then I heated the nut with my soldering iron and pressed the nut into the plastic together with some superglue. That will hold :)

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 13

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 14

Went through a few more prorotypes and iterations for the GPU cover. Left the polygon design behind. Became to much and I will need something cleaner. Biggest problem is the size required to hide the PCI riser cable.

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 17

Vertical GPU bracket GTX1080Ti Zeuligan Angl3d Ti water cooling mod 18

Happy, at last. At this last angle, the GPU metal is visible for the slide in. Got an equal track inte aluminum bracket on the inside. Just need to sand down, prime and paint the bracket and cover.

• 3 weeks later...
After a vacation in the Caribbean I'm back with a short update and more to come...

I often opt for clean design and practical solutions. This was also my intention when I started to sketch on the solution for the bottom RGB led strips from Corsair. 

Bottom RGB led strip corsair lighting Node pro 3D printed bracket 01

Did a design in Fusion 360 for a led holder for the Corsair Lighting Node Pro strips I won in Swedclockers gallery of the month competion. 

Bottom RGB led strip corsair lighting Node pro 3D printed bracket 02

Combined that with a holder that snaps in place ontop of the end of the holder with a screw hole. 

Bottom RGB led strip corsair lighting Node pro 3D printed bracket 03

The strip with the holders are exactly the same length as the fan dust holders. It's on the bottom, so no one will ever notice, but I will know. 

Bottom RGB led strip corsair lighting Node pro 3D printed bracket 04Bottom RGB led strip corsair lighting Node pro 3D printed bracket 05

Marked out the fastening holes and with my Ryobi machine set to slow it is easy to drill out acrylic without it cracking. 

Bottom RGB led strip corsair lighting Node pro 3D printed bracket 06

Can't have any visible cables and I still want to be able to replace strips (or I could just unpin a connector) so decided to make a pass through hole. 

Bottom RGB led strip corsair lighting Node pro 3D printed bracket 07

Drilling large holes in acrylic on slow speed isn't really smart, without special drills, as that will crack the acrylic. So a quick and easy solution, drill many small holes. 

Bottom RGB led strip corsair lighting Node pro 3D printed bracket 08

It will just squeeze into that hole. Some cleaning with a small hand file and I'm good to go. 

Bottom RGB led strip corsair lighting Node pro 3D printed bracket 09Bottom RGB led strip corsair lighting Node pro 3D printed bracket 10

All done and the RGB led strip is firmly fastned in the strip with it's edges ensuring it stays in place. 

Absolutely stunning mod, sick! Can't wait to see it finished.

GAMING PC CPU: AMD 3800X Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT MESHIFY 2 XL DARK TG Cooling: EK Velocity + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC35 II
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT H700 White

16 hours ago, CiBi said:

Absolutely stunning mod, sick! Can't wait to see it finished.

Thank you so much ❤️ 

• 3 weeks later...

It's always equal part joy and frustration when you reach the painting part of a project. It's the mark of getting close to assembly, but it's also a very time consuming and sometimes frustrating part. This time more then usual with two disasters.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 01

With a new living situation I had to be creative to be able to paint. Not recommended to spray paint inside your appartement :) Designed a 3-way corner for regular electrical PVC pipes - 20mm and printed out 8 of them.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 02

Makes it simple to put together a spray tent of varible size, for close to nothing. Just to wrap in painters plastic and spray away :) Placed my tent on my balcony and it worked over expectations. Just had to stay away from rainy or windy days. We have a lot of thoose in Gothenburg, so spent close to 2 weeks painting all the parts.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 03

I started by adding a first coat of primer. This to make it easier to visually spot all the weak areas, where I had to fill in and where I had to take away to keep angles in my polygons. Adds an extra day or two as the primer has to be really dry before I can add Putty to it (or the paint and putty melts together and it's a real mess) but well worth it IMHO.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 04

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 05

With a combination of a small printed calibration cube (20x20x20mm) and the bottom of a bic lighter wrapped in straps of 280 and 400 grain paper I spent the next 6 days doing nothing but sanding and reapplying Putty.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 07

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 08

Better, but far from satisfied. Then disaster struck...

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 09

When carrying one piece from my spray tent I accidently droped it onto the other piece and they both broke in several pieces. Not easy to Acrifix on paint, so had to sand down and start all over on some edges. Very sad and frustrated, but still happy that I was neither on a deadline or that it was actually mendable.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 10

Lost a few days, but got both pieces together again and reached the exciting part where I could add the first layer for finishing coating - matte black. Wasn't happy with the finish, so sanded down part of it, switched out the spray can nozzle and had a 2nd go.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 11

Look at that! Black and with much better surface. Still not home, so went over it with 600 and 800 grit and added 2 more layers.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 12

That matte varnish is sexy! Very matte even after just 1 layer and close to that car vinyl feeling I wanted from start. Super happy. The extra matte black paint on the front piece suddenly looks super shiny in comparison.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 14

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 13

At first I was scared that I had ruined it. The varnish was so white, even at super thin layers, but after 45-60min it just started to turn black and after just 30 min it turned from white to matte black.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 15

Tripple matte awesomeness. Looking forward to when I can start to put this together.

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 16

After the exterior it was time to paint the shroud and 3D-printed parts. Smaller, but way more time consuming due to 10 times more edges. Same procedure, primer, putty, sanding, putty, sanding, putty, primer, spray putty, sanding, primer, spray putty, primer, sanding, coating, sanding, coating, coating, varnish, varnish and last a varnish.
Disaster 2, apparently butter fingers. Droped my shroud on the way in from the balcony, 5 pieces (cry). 

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 17

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 18

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 19

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 20

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 21

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 22

Painting exterior acrylic case parts for custom gaming pc Angl3d Ti Zeuligan 23

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask anything. If you hate it or love it, share your thoughts. Silence worries me... :)

• 1 month later...

For me it is always extra fun to reach the backside of a project. It is fun, it gives me the opportunity to sleeve and it is a milestone that state that a project is close to the end.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X concept

I started in Fusion 360 to get a feel for what I wanted to make. Went fairly fast to reach something I felt could work. I guess the upside of doing my third consecutive project in the amazing be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900. Color scheme was set a long time ago.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 01

Took the loose motherboard tray and went to work.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 02

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 03

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 04

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 05

A few anoying rivets that always adds extra work. Took some measurements and masked for sawing.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 06

No problem with this baby. Fast, straight, hazzle free. Love my Ryobi saw (thank you again Ryobi for the support).

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 07

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 08

backside-cable-management-angl3d-ti-cust

Started with a quick prototype that I 3D printed. Extended the height for dual layers (ofc) and did some modifications to holes and fastening after testing with a custom 24 I had laying around. This will look good sanded down and printed on high quality settings.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 10

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 11

All pieces done. Will make the backside look clean.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 12

I got some happy comments on my manually created cable "plate" on project Zeuligan. Was extra fun to be able to 3D print a perfect one. Still just a test print (lesser quality), but needed a prototype for measurements.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 13

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 14

So easy. Did I mention I just love my saw? ❤️

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 15

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 16

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 17

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 18

That will work just as intended, I like this idea for cable management very much. Should prob make more of this...

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 20

Not that much thinking needed as I had my concept from Fusion 360. Just had to check that I could bend the cables and that I ended up at the right place at the bottom. The MB-plate has 2 holes wide enough for 30ish cables. Not good to miss that opening.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 21

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 22

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 23

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 24

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 25

After finding the right placement, distance it wasn't much more to it. Just drill all the holes and thread them.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 26

Could finally use some of that expensive black matte car vinyl I bought as a test for the exterior before I decided to paint it instead. Will make for a nice contrast in finish and color.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 27

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 29

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 28

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 30

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 31

Pretty happy with that end result tbh. The matte finish works well for both the texture of the 3D printed custom cable combs and the half shiny metal frame. Will make for a nice backdrop for the custom sleeved MDPC-X cables.

Backside Cable Management custom sleeve angl3d Ti Custom PC mod MDPC-X 32

Speaking of that. First layer of the 24 pin ready. Will leave that as a teaser for next updated that will be all the cables sleeved (ran out of ATX pins (sigh)) and mounted on the backside. Hope it will look good.

I'm more than happy! Sometimes brands just go way beyond what could be expected even in the wildest dreams. Sometimes amazing people keep doing amazing things. When this happens at the same time you get Atila at EKWB. Thank you so much Atila and thank you so much EKWB for the support. 

The perfect block for project Angl3d Ti just arrived. 

[IMG] 
Got to test out my new Nikon FX as well :) 

• 1 year later...
On 5/27/2019 at 7:35 PM, Zeuligan said:

The perfect block for project Angl3d Ti just arrived. 

Please tell me you finished this project 😧 Why does the journey stop here?

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver