Need a cpu cooler and case

adzygamer15

i recently got gifted a it 8600k and i need a good value cooler. please recommend

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

What ram and case are you using?

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

What ram and case are you using?

Moved to Air Cooling.

Just pc stores in Australia. like pccasegear, centrecom, scorptec and mwave.

I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance RGB 8x2GB 3466mhz and the case was fractal design - focus g but possibly changing

1 minute ago, adzygamer15 said:

Just pc stores in Australia. like pccasegear, centrecom, scorptec and mwave.

I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance RGB 8x2GB 3466mhz and the case was fractal design - focus g but possibly changing

What's your budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 minutes ago, adzygamer15 said:

i recently got gifted a it 8600k and i need a good value cooler. please recommend

Sell it for retail and go Ryzen

No but for real, do you have a GPU already? Do you plan to do gaming?

What budget/case?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Sell it for retail and go Ryzen

No but for real, do you have a GPU already? Do you plan to do gaming?

What budget/case?

I want Intel, I have a 1060 and I’m doing gaming mainly and streaming on the side (not full on)

budget on a cooler is about $0-$120

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's your budget?

$0-$120 for the cooler

1 minute ago, adzygamer15 said:

I want Intel

Aside from already having it, why?

May seem crazy, but you could probably get $600-700 for the 8600K and 1060, and trade that in for a $99 R3 2200G and $75 ASrock Pro 4 motherboard which would be alright for 1080p gaming, and give you roughly $400-500 for a better next generation GPU in the near future.

But ya, kind of crazy

What case do you have or will be using?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

May seem crazy, but you could probably get $600-700 for the 8600K and 1060, and trade that in for a $99 R3 2200G and $75 ASrock Pro 4 motherboard which would be alright for 1080p gaming, and give you roughly $400-500 for a better next generation GPU in the near future.

The R3 2200 would likely bottleneck anything coming out next generation in that price range. And the Vega 8 or whatever is on par if not worse than the GT 1030, which is just barely enough for 720p 60FPS in modern games on medium settings.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The R3 2200 would likely bottleneck anything coming out next generation in that price range. And the Vega 8 or whatever is on par if not worse than the GT 1030, which is just barely enough for 720p 60FPS in modern games on medium settings.

It'll be alright for 60hz gaming, but if it really becomes an issue Ryzen 2 will be out by then as well, still end up with a more powerful GPU compared to a 1060, but I don't exactly suggest going through with it.

And ya the choice is mostly between 720p 60fps and 1080p 30fps with an APU

Spoiler

2 hours ago, adzygamer15 said:

$0-$120 for the cooler

NH-U14S: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/DMjG3C/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhu14s

If you want something cheaper, good alternatives include

Pure Rock: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

H7: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/93Crxr/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7

Hey guys, so I've got my parts/components sorted but i just don't have my CPU cooler or case just quite yet. I was looking at the Fractal Design - Focus G case because it fits all my components and it has the optical drive slot. I was looking at the h5 and h7 but i think i want a cooler more like the corsair h1ooi v2 or something that is a good cooler and will look okay! here is my part list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WTDRBb

you can just get an external optical drive so that you won't be limited in case choices.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

In my experience... stay away from AIOs, if you planning to do water cool use a custom loop, yes, them are more expensive and harder to get, but AIOs pumps uses to fail and risk your components more than people thinks. I had h100i v2 some years ago and the pump suddenly stopped working risking my cpu because in the moment of simply power on and enter Windows until i noticed the pump fail my 4930k was reaching more than 100ºC and you know... about to get fried, i RMA this unit and then sold the new one. My second experience with AIOs was with EVGA 280 CLC... hahahah... this one simply explodes getting my MB and CPU fried in the moment... very funny... My advice is to skip these units, you will read so much good previews everywhere, but well, in my experience, 2/2 was faulty, better use a custom loop or noctua dh15s(70 bucks for awesome perfomance and compatibility but a bit ugly) or phanteks TC14PE(cheaper, good looking and same perfomance but worse compatibility than noctua) with any of those 2 fans you will have maybe 1 or 2 more degrees than with AIO loop but w/o risking your rig.

What are you looking for in a cooler and why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

The H100i v2 probably isn't a good value since you can get most of the same performance / oc out of a cheaper cooler. The money would've been better put towards a better cpu like the 8700k. 

20 hours ago, adzygamer15 said:

Hey guys, so I've got my parts/components sorted but i just don't have my CPU cooler or case just quite yet. I was looking at the Fractal Design - Focus G case because it fits all my components and it has the optical drive slot. I was looking at the h5 and h7 but i think i want a cooler more like the corsair h1ooi v2 or something that is a good cooler and will look okay! here is my part list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WTDRBb

I recommend Nzxt Kraken X62 for aesthetic and performance.

How often u use your optical drive? I agree with the above post, better get external drive. ( or dun get it at all)

I love watch those beautiful custom loop, but i   don't think i will ever build one. Simply because I like to change things ( I changed 2 cases, 3 graphic cards, few keyboards, 2 monitors in the past 2 recent years)

On 04/03/2018 at 1:54 PM, Streetguru said:

But ya, kind of crazy

Please. 8600K + 1060 is in different level. I will never do that if it's for gaming.

8 minutes ago, d3adc3II said:

Please. 8600K + 1060 is in different level. I will never do that if it's for gaming.

The whole point is to get money for next generation GPUs, where 1080ti performance would normally be $500

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

The whole point is to get money for next generation GPUs, where 1080ti performance would normally be $500

No point waiting for that. The GPU price is skyrocket high now so he should keep 8600k+ 1060 at this time. He mainly gaming and streaming so this combo will serve him well.

57 minutes ago, d3adc3II said:

No point waiting for that. The GPU price is skyrocket high now so he should keep 8600k+ 1060 at this time. He mainly gaming and streaming so this combo will serve him well.

true

On 3/4/2018 at 12:54 AM, Streetguru said:

But ya, kind of crazy

How on Earth is this a relevant post? OP wants opinions on coolers, not setting up a trade network so they can do what you want.  

5 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

How on Earth is this a relevant post? OP wants opinions on coolers, not setting up a trade network so they can do what you want.  

thanks , all I ask for is opinions and coolers and that and all I get back is buy a new cpu and change your build like oh god, just answer my question or help somehow please xD

Just now, adzygamer15 said:

thanks , all I ask for is opinions and coolers and that and all I get back is buy a new cpu and change your build like oh god, just answer my question or help somehow please xD

I'm in a similar boat as you. But it's narrowed down to the Cryorig H5, R1 or Noctua D15. 

Check out the H5. Decently priced and performance looks good. 

From those three options H5 gives you most headroom with best value. But if you don't plan to go for overkill OC, H7 serves just fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

I'm in a similar boat as you. But it's narrowed down to the Cryorig H5, R1 or Noctua D15. 

Check out the H5. Decently priced and performance looks good. 

Yeah the h5 universal was one I was looking at. I just need the case first at this stage