Stuck on which case to purchase..

DavidGordon

Hiya, new member here (: 

I've been really stuck on exactly what case to purchase in order to meet my needs: 

-At least 2x240mm Radiator support

-Solid construction/aesthetically pleasing-which i know is down to personal taste

-Support for either MIni-Itx or Atx Motherboard

-I don't really want to spend more than £150, so cheaper the better i guess

At the moment I have a 650d-which even though I like and has reasonable radiator support, I'd like a change.

-Core i7 2700k

-GTX 780

-16GB Vengeance 1600Mhz Ram

-Samsung 240GB 840 EVO SSD

Along with a Sabertooth z77. Which is why I could go with another Atx case, but I would much prefer something more compact, i.e an mini-Itx one.

The only options I could really find for the Atx Mobo was:

-750d

-Or mod the 650d

And for the Mini-Itx one:

-Prodigy-which i love the look of but was wondering if there was any alternatives? 

i7 4770k  ¬ MSI Z87-M Gaming ¬ Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz ¬ R9 290x Crossfire ¬ Corsair 350D ¬ Corsair RM 1000

750d is a good case, that thing is majestic

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

Welcome to the forums

I always recommend an R4, but a 750d i good too

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Welcome to the forums

I always recommend an R4, but a 750d i good too

750d is a good case, that thing is majestic

I like the 750d as well, it's just I wanted something that was a little less used. Plus i think the 650d is slightly nicer ;)

i7 4770k  ¬ MSI Z87-M Gaming ¬ Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz ¬ R9 290x Crossfire ¬ Corsair 350D ¬ Corsair RM 1000

I like the 750d as well, it's just I wanted something that was a little less used. Plus i think the 650d is slightly nicer ;)

It comes down to what you want and if you want the 650d by all means go for it ;)

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

How's the 650D nicer?  :huh:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.