Tiny Screw Stuck In Motherboard Standoff

Go to solution Solved by Tsuki,

its not a screw, its supposed to be there.  dont try to remove it.

its the center pin for the motherboard, it holds it in place so that you can screw it in everywhere else

Hello,

I'm building my PC for my first time & my new case, the Focus G Mini from Fractal Design had a standoff in one of the holes when I opened it up. I got it out (easy), but I'm wondering, there is a tiny screw in the standoff, and I have no clue as how to get it out. Here's a picture with another standoff for comparison:

image.jpeg

Was the standoff in the middle (or near it) of the case? If so, it's likely a guiding standoff which holds the board in place while you screw the board into the other standoffs. It's fairly common

6 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Was the standoff in the middle (or near it) of the case? If so, it's likely a guiding standoff which holds the board in place while you screw the board into the other standoffs. It's fairly common

this is correct

Use two locking pliers or a reverse bolt/screw out bit

if the standoff isnt the one pictured and is in the mobo, we need pictures!

33 minutes ago, Kael said:

Hello,

I'm building my PC for my first time & my new case, the Focus G Mini from Fractal Design had a standoff in one of the holes when I opened it up. I got it out (easy), but I'm wondering, there is a tiny screw in the standoff, and I have no clue as how to get it out. Here's a picture with another standoff for comparison:

image.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Use two locking pliers or a reverse bolt/screw out bit

if the standoff isnt the one pictured and is in the mobo, we need pictures!

the one with the little nubbin should be used in the center mount of your mobo. The mobo then should rest on the little nubbin. Theres nothing wrong with it

its not a screw, its supposed to be there.  dont try to remove it.

its the center pin for the motherboard, it holds it in place so that you can screw it in everywhere else

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Alright, thanks! I wasn't sure if it was something to get out, And now I know not to take it out. Thanks for your support, everyone.