1080ti Prices - Do they actually sell?

iiNNeX
Go to solution Solved by Sfekke,

They sell, like pretty well considering the pricing.

Why? Because some people have money .. lots of it. They don't care about FPS -> Dollar or Price -> Quality.

All they want is the newest card.

You also have the less informed, who shell out quite a bit of money and never know the overpaid!

Honestly selling your card to make profit is a human thing, in essence we are all just out to survive & we do that by keeping ourselves well .. stacked.

I could have sold my ASUS STRIX RX 480 8GB for a huge profit, I decided to keep it. It works & selling it then buying a new card might put me into trouble; I've been really fortunate with DOA items lately.

Anyhow TL;DR

They sell, because some have too much [$$$] or are not informed properly.

What can we do? Nothing, what we witness is Supply VS. Demand at its sweetest .. or most bitter.

Looking at ebay, I can't help but notice the ridiculous 1080ti prices, especially editions like Asus Strix OC or EVGA FTW3. Used cards selling for £950+, some for £1100 even.

Do these actually sell? Like at that or near that price?

Because if so I am gladly going to sell mine  which i got on release (£619) and use my old 970 till the 2080 comes out lol

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Yup

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

They all seem to disappear pretty quickly. But i think it depends on country.

2 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

definitely gonna buy two of them. I mean SLI for under 400 bucks? sure thing! thanks for the help

My Box of Fµn:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

Case - Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass

PSU - BeQuiet 500W PurePower 10

Fans - BeQuiet PureWings 120mm x3; 140mm x2

Cooler - Corsair H100i v2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and THE POWER OF RGB

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

4 minutes ago, PrashMotion said:

this ones even more legit: https://www.ebay.de/itm/GTX650-1080Ti-Poseidon-1GB-GDDR5-PCI-E-Water-Cooled-Gaming-VGA-PC-Graphics-Card/152898858260?hash=item23997b6d14

Who doesnt know it? The famous GTX650 1080ti water cooled!

Dude it comes with a f*ckin CD!!

Buy it

Just now, iiNNeX said:

Dude it comes with a f*ckin CD!!

Buy it

I know right? That's so awesome they managed to pack water cooling into this small package, and be cool enaugh to give you a high quality driver disc. Literally my dream card

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

Why? Because some people have money .. lots of it. They don't care about FPS -> Dollar or Price -> Quality.

You also have the less informed, who shell out quite a bit of money and never know the overpaid!

Honestly selling your card to make profit is a human thing, in essence we are all just out to survive & we do that by keeping ourselves well .. stacked.

I could have sold my ASUS STRIX RX 480 8GB for a huge profit, I decided to keep it. It works & selling it then buying a new card might put me into trouble; I've been really fortunate with DOA items lately.

Anyhow TL;DR

What can we do? Nothing, what we witness is Supply VS. Demand at its sweetest .. or most bitter.

Edited by wkdpaul
cleanup

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

53 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Looking at ebay, I can't help but notice the ridiculous 1080ti prices, especially editions like Asus Strix OC or EVGA FTW3. Used cards selling for £950+, some for £1100 even.

Because if so I am gladly going to sell mine  which i got on release (£619) and use my old 970 till the 2080 comes out lol

I doubt many go for those prices. For that money, you can get a Titan Xp, after all.

10 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

I doubt many go for those prices. For that money, you can get a Titan Xp, after all.

Which is slower in games, especially compared to a Custom PCB 1080ti. That's why i'm asking :)

13 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Anyhow TL;DR

They sell because people are buying them to turn around and mine with them. That means these cards actually turn around and make a profit in a few months.

Some of these cards are being purchased by gamers who just want to get the card, but there are better ways out there to get these for MSRP still in that case.

So the people who have high demand and are willing to pay the mark up because they know it will still be profitable are the miners... so since that is mostly the case I would mark it up and sell it. 

4 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Which is slower in games, especially compared to a Custom PCB 1080ti. That's why i'm asking :)

Actually, it's faster, custom PCB or not. Plus, it will hold its value better. Nobrainer, really.

1 minute ago, Morgan Everett said:

Actually, it's faster. Plus, it will hold its value better. Nobrainer, really.

Actually you are right:

However temps and noise are much better on the Ti, in this instance.

3 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Actually you are right:

However temps and noise are much better on the Ti, in this instance.

Yeah, that's the Titan's downside. Still, for the same money, it seems the obvious choice.

21 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

Yeah, that's the Titan's downside. Still, for the same money, it seems the obvious choice.

Yeah I guess, it really depends what you value. It's either 2-3 more fps on average or better temps/cooling/aesthetics. 

17 minutes ago, Cindex said:

How tempting though, no? xD

Seriously within the hour 13 people have allready bitten lol. It must be a scam or a mistake. No one sells a brand new 1080ti for 80 pounds lol.

Change that all 30 have sold out. Thats 30 people which will have to wait to get there money back from paypal any luck becuase they will not be getting a Brand new 1080TI in the post anytime soon lol

9 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Yeah I guess, it really depends what you value. It's either 2-3 more fps on average or better temps/cooling/aesthetics. 

It can sometimes be a bigger performance difference than that, and of course aesthetics are pretty subjective: I prefer the Titan Xp's design to any custom 1080 Ti, for example. 

What would clinch it for me is the resale value. The Titans hold their value very well, so when it comes time to sell the card in a few years...

Well i sold 3 card in the last 2-3days. 2 1080 hybrid  & 1 Ti FTW3.

the 1080 for 700$ each, used for 2 months & a ti FTW3 used for like 7 months, for 900 USD.

I got the 1080s for 600$ & the TI for 760$, So i didnt lose much.

Only sold because i believe this April new cards should be coming out.

12 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

in my experience not as much as you think.  A course they sell at these prices or they wouldn't be listed so high.  But in my experience especially on EBAY 1080 Ti going at $1200 are a dime a dozen so they aren't flying off the shelves.  I have sold a couple 1080 Ti's I got for MSRP and on EBAY you have their fees, Paypal fees, and shipping.  Even if you include shipping your looking at $155 on a $1200 sale.  Actually the fastest way I found selling cards is local for a 8%-12% above MSRP.  If it's a used card expect even less... 

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42"