Should i buy PUBG?

Boris_191

Should i buy PUBG? Rewiews are %54, and that makes me wonder; is the game actually good? And is it worth the money?

I'd rather play pubg than fortnite.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

So I gave it a try, and I really did have fear for other players being alone in this huge open area.

At first that made me very exited to play the game more. It got boring for me once that fear started to fade.

So yea, if you like battle royale games, Pubg can be alot of fun! It is not my thing however.

Even though I got it at full price almost a year ago, I only put in 72 hours. I'd rather play Fortnite for free than PUBG fro €30. 

Play Fortnite and get PUBG when it's on sale?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Buy it, play it for 119 minutes, then make a decision about whether or not you want to return it.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

It's not a bad game, but it's obvious Blue Hole is anxious to get a piece of that lootcrate pie.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

Get it if you want a fairly realistic shooter that has some notable but not game breaking issues.

I've played only 27 hours but have watched several hundred hours.

There aren't that many cheaters, at least not in FPP. Some desync issues and lag exist, but not moreso than most online shooters. You can easily find similar or even more blatant desync and lag examples from virtually any shooter. It should be better with the new PING matchmaking, which could be a decent compromise outside of region locks.

More content is coming, including a brand new map. This game has come a long way since Early Access and is playable enough in its current state to warrant the low asking price.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

watch twitch streams about it / gameplay videos.

Or go play Fortnite for free, so you can try the battle royale gamestyle.

If you don't get warm with it, you don't need Pubg.

Or you could say: If you need to ask, then the Answer is clearly no. ^^

Btw: Those bad reviews probably come because of Cheater crowding the game, and/or bad performance.

Honestly it is the best FPS game I have ever played especially when you have a good group of friends to play with, that is when the game really shines IMO. That being said go into the game expecting massive bugs crashes and server maintenance at the worst times. I have never had a FPS game get my anxiety levels so high, it has a super addictive model to it less run and gun and more team work. I like the slower pace and realistic feel where you have one life to live don't F it up. gun play is hard to master too and I think that adds a lot to the game, it is hard to pick someone off from 200 yards with the M4 vs a game like BF4 making the fights longer and funner (although you could walk around for 20 min and get picked off with a KAR98 - but that is why duo's and squads are better because a friend can pick you back up)

TLDR- the game is a buggy pile of s*** but a fun pile of s*** and game play is a 30 minute heart attack because you are so nervous everywhere you go, and that is what makes it fun and addictive to me. also the first FPS game I have played with buddies where I actually have fun with team work (not just run and gun next to my friends).

Overall there are alot of hackers but the game itself is good

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Like people have said, PUBG is fun, more fun with friends but it's buggy as shit. I wouldn't really compare it to Fornite like other people are doing here though as they aren't really similar aside from being "survival games". Fornite has a crafting and building feature that changes the metagame quite a bit and also I find Fornite to be much more forgiving in the shooting aspect of it. Another thing with Fornite is its mostly a 3PP game. Sure there are ways to make it first person but its not ideal.

PUBG on the other hand I find has a bit more of a focus on the action, how the guns shoot and feel etc... there is driving as well and the game has a different pace. It's a bit slower in the movement sense but in terms of running into players, I find it way more scary and exciting to do in PUBG than I do in Fornite. It's way more tense IMO and I like that a bit more out of quick pick 'em up games like these. 

[---]

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

if you have a group of friends to play with, then sure.

otherwise,

its shit. and full of hackers, bugs, and by far the worst netcode ive ever seen(17hz average tick rate is abysmal and they should be ashamed of themselves)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Disregard the above post.

There is a reason its one of the most popular games in the world right now -> it is a ton of fun, even in solo (which is basically all I play).

No, the game is terrible. It's incredibly boring, all you'rre doing is fucking looting, and the shooting feels very off. 

I feel like its still pretty good even with Fortnite being free, the game being hard to run, tons of hackers, and being overall buggy. It creates a unique experience that Fortnite just doesn't create with its art style and items.

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

I gave it a try, played for 110 minutes.... then refunded it due to it being boring and unoptimized as hell. thanks for the reccomendations people 

I have over 400 hours in this game, so my opinion is backed up somewhat. Having said that I would say DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, not in its current state atleast. Sure the game is fun and all the rest, but the game is broken and needs a lot of work to get it up to par. You don't need to look too far to find out what's wrong with this game. 

If you have the patience of a Tibetan monk and can deal with inconsistency in hit registration, de-sync issues and coward players, then by all means spend $30 and go nuts. If however you lack that reasonable amount of patience anyone should have when buying a modern day game, then I would highly suggested that for your mental and emotional well being you hold off from buying this game. Honest to truth, this game is still in BETA. It has only 2 maps and a load of issues.

For those saying "oh its fine game..just need to have fun, yadda yadda yadda" Yeah that is all well in the short term, but round after round.....it gets old very quickly. Fortnite is free, works well, is optimized and is a really different experience if you master the building side of it.