PC resets randomly

Ever since i reinstall Windows 10, my PC startes to reset unexpectedly as of someone was pressing the reset button. This occurs randomly whether i was playing games or at idle listening to Spotify, temps are also normal.

I'm not brave enough to work on important priject on this rig just because it can resets randomly and deletes my unsaved files

Pls give me a solution

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

does your pc just shut off or do you get the windows restarting screen/animation? 

just shuts off, like i pressed the reset switch, black screen then the BIOS.

Did you install the case headers correctly on the motherboard? Make sure you put the positive end and negative end in the right spot for the reset switch. When you do restart, what are your CPU and memory usages at?

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

3 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Did you install the case headers correctly on the motherboard? Make sure you put the positive end and negative end in the right spot for the reset switch. When you do restart, what are your CPU and memory usages at?

everything seems normal, as i'm typing this :

CPU have 10-20% usage

RAM (8GB) have 44% usage

seems normal considering i have 5 chrome tabs running and other programs also

power supply could be bad. your power outlet in the wall could also be bad if its really old

Could be a number of things,

power supply

heat (seems like we ruled this out, but you need to be sure)

RAM

Motherboard

Overclocking/Instability

Power button (had one shorting out on me that caused this once)

One thing I am pretty sure of, it is most likely probably something hardware related.

Where to start?

Cheap stuff first lol

First would be checking heat levels, especially under load, if you get a wiff of heat spikes, you need to re-paste / re-position the heat sink

If that isn't the issue, next try to remove any over clocking

If that isn't the issue, next, start the computer, unplug the power switch wires from the motherboard, see if it happens again

If it keeps rebooting,

Next, remove all the ram, leave just one stick, see if you can get it to reboot, if it does, try another slot with the same stick

If it keeps restarting, try another stick of ram,  rotate it into different slots if it reboots on you, then move on to the next stick of ram if this one gives you trouble as well

If all of them give you the same results, next try using a different psu from another computer

If you still get the same issue, its time to strip down the entire computer(although its not a bad idea to start here in the first place)

Remove everything extra, you only want one stick of ram, no gpu (if you have integrated), just the os harddrive, no cd drives, only a keyboard/mouse plugged in

You want just the bare minimum to get this computer running, try to make it crash under these conditions.

If this doesn't work, you can try resetting cmos

If it continues to crash, and you are sure you have covered all of the above with absolute confidence, then you might have a bad motherboard

Report back with what happened on each step, so we can get some idea of whats been tried and the results of each of those tests

if its rebooting in the way that you mention (random under load and without load), personally I would suspect ram first,  as its been one of the more common causes of this issue in my personal experience 

But that doesn't rule anything out, test everything, its better to be sure than to assume.