8700k vs 8600k

Hi, 

I am planning a Coffee lake build for 3d modeling(mostly fusion 360)and a little gaming. what kind of performance gain does the 8700k have over the 8600k, is it worth it? I also don't want high temps, i am planning  on using ekwb's A240g kit. 

Thanks

Just now, AndreasRitter said:

Hi, 

I am planning a Coffee lake build for 3d modeling(mostly fusion 360)and a little gaming. what kind of performance gain does the 8700k have over the 8600k, is it worth it? I also don't want high temps, i am planning  on using ekwb's A240g kit. 

Thanks

if you need to choose between those i suggest you get a 8700 non-k,

it will be better than a 8600k and mostly the same price

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

I'd get 8700k, especially for any workload besides gaming. I'd also delid the CPU to get 30°C lower temps. 

6 minutes ago, AndreasRitter said:

isn't there a large risk with deliding?

you destroy your warranty for sure

Yeah your warranty is done, but just google the results. It blew over 25°C on my 4770k, and 8700k is way hotter than 4770k. And in terms of pure risks, with a proper tool it's really not risky. They do the risky part safely. 

There's even gonna be a delid booth at LTX 2018. So it's something more and more enthusiasts are doing. 

Is ordering your own tool a valid option? or is it a better idea to get it done by a professional?

Just now, AndreasRitter said:

Is ordering your own tool a valid option? or is it a better idea to get it done by a professional?

Yeah you can order a tool. That's how 99% of the people do it. 

Rockit 88 for example or Delid-Die-Mate 2. I have a code to knock $5 off your whole purchase by Rockit Cool (makers of Rockit 88 tool). 

I ordered Rockit 88 and did it myself. I have even a video on how to do it.