Mass Effect: Andromeda worth it on sale with 1.10 patch ?

kriegalex

Everything is in the title, this game was destroyed by almost everyone when released, what now that it's been patched a bit and price is almost 10 bucks ?

Gaming: Windows 10 - Intel i7 9900K - Asus RTX 2080 Strix OC - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER - O11 Dynamic

I really enjoyed this game, found the whole process of expanding into the solar system very compelling. Due to its obvious animation flaws tarnishing it at launch I think it is one of the most underrated games. Defo worth 10 bucks

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

9 minutes ago, kriegalex said:

Everything is in the title, this game was destroyed by almost everyone when released, what now that it's been patched a bit and price is almost 10 bucks ?

Half Life 2 is 6.99.

I think Half Life 2 is worth a lot more than Andromeda.

My thoughts on it:

For an RPG, it was fairly "meh" at best.

For a third person shooter, again "meh" at best. Similar to 3, but does not live up to its predecessor much less improve on it.

For a Mass Effect title, however, It was overwhelmingly disappointing. The three previous titles, I pulled all-nighters on without even realizing it. Andromeda, however, I largely had to force myself to get through it, being in denial and always thinking... hoping "well, it might get better". It never did. It took the heart of the series and threw it down the garbage disposal. A large part of this is the tumultuous production cycle it had, and nearly all (if not all, i've forgotten) the original Mass Effect team not being associated with it.

There's a reason that it's at such a deep discount (and let's be realistic, the only time EA discounts their games like this is when they underperform their expected sales). It's an unfortunate mess that's not fixable with a patch short of a complete overhaul

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

In my experience, it was fun for the first 30 hours.  However, the progression system is messed up.  I'd spend 8-10 hours on a planet searching for everything available, depart for the next destination, only to be informed by one of my crew members that I needed to circle back to the last planet to do a whole other set of missions.  That was a huge turn-off for me, so I uninstalled the game and forgot about it for months.  

I would like to fire it up again and finish the main story, but I have a whole bunch of other, more compelling, games on my to-do list.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

you'll have to make the tough choice between this, or a new character slot in Metal Gear: Survive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its fun. for 10 bucks, fuck yeah.  you can actually do a lot of really cool stuff with the combat system.

and dont listen to people like huilun02 who obviously havent actually played it(and obviously hasnt played shadow of war either). and just spout random bullshit just because "ea is evil dont buy from them"

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

10 bucks i'de get it, of coutrse i got it for 60, so screw me, It's fun just so long as your expectations are lowered, i like the weapon creation bit, dont make a widow fire grenades though

What's the patch? It was panned because it was an "SJW" film more than a game you really enjoy playing.

Its not the best Mass Effect game but its not a bad game either. For 10 bucks its worth it. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Having put allot of time into ME:A I think its good for $10 (£7ish, its worth it). I would however agree that Shadow of War is amazing. so get that too. 

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

To be honest, having played it, It's the kind of game you'll play through once and then forget all about it. It's not like the other Mass Effects, it's a half-baked game in terms of story plot and game mechanics, there really isn't that much there. $10 though :o may aswell. 

On 2/23/2018 at 12:24 PM, huilun02 said:

Don't buy EA's pay to win singleplayer RPG trash. Get Shadow of War instead. Also piss poor graphics and no production value, would rather pay the full $27 for Minecraft.

Found Shadow of War really boring and repetitive. Rather play Andromeda. The game got too much unfair hate. Its not perfect but its not as bad as some people made it out to be. I had an enjoyable experience and no bugs. 

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

If you have an Xbox One just get EA access, both ME:A and a good number of other games are free with the subscription, which speaking of was rather reasonable subscription cost. And honestly, I know I'm an odd man out because Mass effect 1 was my favorite of the series, ME:A is a close second for me, right with mass effect 2. Lot of back tracking though, but if you 100% mass effect games that's nothing new

"Surround yourself with professionals and never be the smartest person in the room" -Someone much smarter than I

Find me on Rainbow 6 seige - Beeried94