Can't fit my H105 and I need some help

Gh0s7_

First time builder, followed advices online and ended up getting a Fractal Design Meshify C with a Corsair H105, 2 G.Skill TridentZ RGB sticks and an ASUS Z370 TUF Gaming Pro.
Now I'm stuck because I can't top mount the AiO (RAM won't fit) and I can't even front mount it as GPU (Zotac GTX-1080 AMP! Edition) won't fit either.

I really need your help and your suggestions on how to deal with this situation, because I'm quite worried now.

I can return both the AiO and the case, but I'd like to avoid returning the latter as it would require me to take everything out and I don't even know where to store my MoBo+CPU while I get a new case.

My only solution seems the CoolerMaster Nepton 240M because I think it could be top mounted while still leaving room for the RAM, but I'd like to hear you guys before buying it as I'm really lost now.

Don't understand what you're saying. RAM shouldn't be in the way at all.. And you have 2x 16 slots on that board, so can move the GPU lower if you want. The tubes on AIO can be positioned a LOT of ways, it can be kinda difficult to install on your own though, depending on your install process. I prefer mounting the rad first personally.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

15 minutes ago, Gh0s7_ said:

First time builder, followed advices online and ended up getting a Fractal Design Meshify C with a Corsair H105, 2 G.Skill TridentZ RGB sticks and an ASUS Z370 TUF Gaming Pro.
Now I'm stuck because I can't top mount the AiO (RAM won't fit) and I can't even front mount it as GPU (Zotac GTX-1080 AMP! Edition) won't fit either.

I really need your help and your suggestions on how to deal with this situation, because I'm quite worried now.

I can return both the AiO and the case, but I'd like to avoid returning the latter as it would require me to take everything out and I don't even know where to store my MoBo+CPU while I get a new case.

My only solution seems the CoolerMaster Nepton 240M because I think it could be top mounted while still leaving room for the RAM, but I'd like to hear you guys before buying it as I'm really lost now.

How much does the card interfere in the front?

17 minutes ago, Gh0s7_ said:

For my rig I had to remove the fans, put in the aio, put in the gpu, and then put in the card.

9 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

Don't understand what you're saying. RAM shouldn't be in the way at all.. And you have 2x 16 slots on that board, so can move the GPU lower if you want. The tubes on AIO can be positioned a LOT of ways, it can be kinda difficult to install on your own though, depending on your install process. I prefer mounting the rad first personally.

You're right, it shouldn't be, but still...

It looks like I'd need 1cm more to fit the RAM.

The issue is not with tubes, it's the radiator that's too thick.

Finally, lowering the GPU is kinda risky because it'll sit just on PSU's cover, so it's fans wouldn't have enough room.

9 hours ago, c00lFD said:

How much does the card interfere in the front?

2.5cm

9 hours ago, c00lFD said:

For my rig I had to remove the fans, put in the aio, put in the gpu, and then put in the card.

I don't think it could work, the radiator is still 2.5 thicker than what it should be to fit on front.

@Gh0s7_ Now this is kinda stupid as it will block some air and the noise will be louder (unless that is mesh front the front. I haven't dealt with this case before), but can you mount the fans from the radiotor right before the frontal panel? So then you could mount the radiator on its own from the other side?

Spoiler

1.png.124efd9de30eb2e5ee99aca93c0e89be.png

Unless you already tried that. Then do apologize, I haven't had my coffee yet.

8 minutes ago, NMS said:

@Gh0s7_ Now this is kinda stupid as it will block some air and the noise will be louder (unless that is mesh front the front. I haven't dealt with this case before), but can you mount the fans from the radiotor right before the frontal panel? So then you could mount the radiator on its own from the other side?

Hide contents

1.png.124efd9de30eb2e5ee99aca93c0e89be.png

Unless you already tried that. Then do apologize, I haven't had my coffee yet.

It's not a stupid idea, I didn't try it yet but I'm not sure if the fans would fit inside the front panel.

I'll try it asap and report back, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Gh0s7_ said:

It's not a stupid idea, I didn't try it yet but I'm not sure if the fans would fit inside the front panel.

I'll try it asap and report back, thanks.

Actually, if you haven't tried it yet, I am 100% certain that they will fit.

It's just that I'm not familiar with that particular model. And if that frontal panel is all mesh then you will be completely fine with fans being there.

Can you post some pictures, I'm really not seeing why this is difficult to fit.. and if you put the GPU lower it shouldn't be anywhere near the PSU shroud as it's the middle slot you want, not the bottom.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Youre kind of out of luck. ive dealt with this case and know that if you have tall ram, it will collide. Also since the C series is short, a long graphic card wrecks you too. Furthermore, in the meshify C there isnt enough space to mount the fan between the mesh and outside.

The only real (but ugly) solution is to mount the radiator on top and to have then fans on top of the case. Or get 15mm fans

Memory clearance with LPX

20170615_115137.thumb.jpg.780ea090b158ca0de245c67df90aa894.jpg

GPU (26.67 cm) clearance 

20170615_115114.thumb.jpg.9e4b1825274fbdfcb8658e4f0861859e.jpg

30 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Youre kind of out of luck. ive dealt with this case and know that if you have tall ram, it will collide. Also since the C series is short, a long graphic card wrecks you too. Furthermore, in the meshify C there isnt enough space to mount the fan between the mesh and outside.

The only real (but ugly) solution is to mount the radiator on top and to have then fans on top of the case. Or get 15mm fans

Do you think that 15mm would allow the AiO to fit on top? Are they enough to let the AiO run fine? 

What about the AiO that I linked in the OP?

9 minutes ago, Gh0s7_ said:

Do you think that 15mm would allow the AiO to fit on top? Are they enough to let the AiO run fine? 

I think getting quality 15mm fans like these https://noctua.at/en/nf-a12x15-pwm

Is better than having a thinner radiator. the thin fans have been rated to perform on par with the 25mm brethren and are PWM controlled so can plug right into the AIO.

Either way you gain about 10 mm of clearance which should clear your memory modules.

20 minutes ago, Gh0s7_ said:

These are pictures of the H100iv2 with 25 mm fans (about 55 mm total thockness) and it just clears the ram. so with a h105 (38 mm) and 15 mm fans i think you clear your memory just.20170315_231858.thumb.jpg.950c99a445d204a0b38dd465e8471b44.jpg20170331_225319.thumb.jpg.80a9291ee6a2f683d5be07be8f6a2ef5.jpg

@For Science! Thanks for all the pictures.

I just tried top mounting again, and if I keep some screws loose/unused it seems to barely fit (I can move the RAM sticks actually, but it's very very tight), I'm not that sure that it's a good idea tho.

Here are some random pictures to let you guys see what I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/a/9ubJ1

Judging from the fifth one, and after some quick measurements, it looks like that I'd need at least 13mm more, so 15mm fans still won't be enough, and they'll probably won't fit outside as @NMS suggested.

In case we can't find an easy solution, I have an old Cooler Master CM 690 III. Do you think it could work?

If so, I may think of returning the Meshify C because, even if it's a good looking case, I'm quite disappointed as they could've made it just 5cm longer to make 30cm GPUs fit with AiO, and this looks like a poor design choice to me.

EDIT:

Could another route be to return the H105, get a Cooler Master Masterliquid ML240L RGB and replace its fans with the Noctua NF A12x15?

The H105 has a 38mm radiatior and 25mm fans, for a total of 63mm.

The ML240L has a 27mm radiator and 25mm fans, for a total of 52mm.

By replacing those fans with the 15mm ones, I'll get to 27mm+15mm = 42mm which is 21mm thinner than my current setup.

It would still be 2mm more than what I need to front mount, but I'm sure that 2cm would be enough for the top mount.

Can I have your opinion on this?

Based On your pictures, it actually looks fine, you've cleared your memory modules. Sure to change them you will have to unmount the radiator, but thats not a problem.

4 minutes ago, Gh0s7_ said:

If so, I may think of returning the Meshify C because, even if it's a good looking case, I'm quite disappointed as they could've made it just 5cm longer to make 30cm GPUs fit with AiO, and this looks like a poor design choice to me.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this at all. The C in the name refers to "compact", if you wanted compatibility, you should have gone for a Define R5/6 for the Define S.

@For Science!

I edited the previous post with a new solution, but your reply got me thinking..

Will the Define S solve everything? Because I think I can switch without much issues.

On 23/2/2018 at 9:27 PM, Gh0s7_ said:

@For Science!

I edited the previous post with a new solution, but your reply got me thinking..

Will the Define S solve everything? Because I think I can switch without much issues.

The Define S will fit pretty much anything you want. Got a hooker? Throw it in there!

2f89e1a4-735e-4a0d-a18c-c13af27bcfff.jpg.6d7edc3447cb22f7b74599a2c5c673b5.jpg