Gtx 780 temps and fans

Cqzi

Hello guys , first time using this forum so take me easy .

So , i have a gtx 780 winforge 3x gigabyte , the problem is the temps reach 80*celsius and i want to overclock it too , i am thinking to change the thermal paste with liquid metal , also i want to replace the 3 fan with coolink 80-92 mm , i know u will advice me not to use liquid metal because is conductive but i will take that risk , i dont know if the fans and the liquid metal worth the money , if any of you guys changed the fans of winforce3 and get any benefit also how did u place them, please let me know .

The windforce heatsink isn't great and you're better off getting an aftermarket cooler instead. Strapping aftermarket fans to the heatsink can lower temps by up to 10c but it might not be much quieter if that's your goal. 

What are your specs and how is your airflow laid out?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Liquid metal could be bad if it's done wrong, if it's done right it will work quite well at dropping temps. The problem is as WM said, your replacement fans might not be quieter. I would recommend something like the ARCTIC Accelero to help with lowering temps (assuming you have the space and funds).

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

The specs is msi z170a gaming pro , i5 6500 with corsair h80iv2 and planing to get an 6600k all in a case Thermaltake Core G21 and 2 fans pushing air artic 120mm in front (i remove one dust filtrer for better airflow) and one fan exhaust on the top 

I dont know if its worth buying another cooler for this old card who doest worth so much money anymore , thats why i wanted to drop temps cheaper

13 minutes ago, Cqzi said:

The specs is msi z170a gaming pro , i5 6500 with corsair h80iv2 and planing to get an 6600k all in a case Thermaltake Core G21 and 2 fans pushing air artic 120mm in front (i remove one dust filtrer for better airflow) and one fan exhaust on the top 

I dont know if its worth buying another cooler for this old card who doest worth so much money anymore , thats why i wanted to drop temps cheaper

Your case airflow seems fine. If the temps are worse than when you first got the card, simply replacing the thermal paste might be enough already. 

Where are you shopping/located? Budget? 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Your case airflow seems fine. If the temps are worse than when you first got the card, simply replacing the thermal paste might be enough already. 

Where are you shopping/located? Budget? 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

I replaced the thermal paste with deepcool z9 , i know its not the best paste but i think is not the worst too , i am shoping from romania , i have money but the thing is i dont wanna spend to much (like cooler artic accelero) for this old videocard , Even with the money of the accelero artic i could put a bit more and water cool this but i really dont think is worth investing in this

9 minutes ago, Cqzi said:

i really dont think is worth investing in this

Sounds about right.

Wow that cooler must be really bad. I get same temp with Founders Edition cooler which is limited to 80%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Wow that cooler must be really bad. I get same temp with Founders Edition cooler which is limited to 80%.

Yep , the radiator is a bit rusty and one fan has a weird position and i dont know if its spinning corectly , lmao . I will try to find an second hand cooler and then maybe i will buy Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut 73w/mk just for the fun and then i will have fun overclocking it , i will post here any updates maybe someone in interesed in this :)

When I had regular titans they would sit around mid to low 60’s with blowers, same with the acx coolers on them. 

Id prolly get another cooler. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 11:09 AM, Mick Naughty said:

When I had regular titans they would sit around mid to low 60’s with blowers, same with the acx coolers on them. 

Id prolly get another cooler. 

Such a bad story i am going to tell you , worst than titanic did to those people

So let the hell begin, i got my hg10 n780 i was trying to fit in for 2 hour or so , i even break the plastic with 2 pins (i think for blower fans?) then i realised its not posible , i looked again on the corsair oficial manual , i've seen my graphic card again , winforce 3x but what i didint see was revision , it was only supported on rev1 and i had rev2 , pretty dispaointed and angry i said to myself lets atleast put the liquid metal on the winforce cooler , after playing with that for another 2 hours to put the liquid metal , i did turn on the gpu, fans was on 100% like some sort of plane noise , so the heatsink and the gpu itself didint make contact at all , then i said fk this i dont wanna brake my videocard , and i take off the liquid metal , oh jezz i struggle myself with that for 3 hours .... then after put the z9 deepcool there , i tried the videocard and after -boot image- the card doest give video signal so yea fk me and my stupid ideas