Is 32GB Ram Enough For Future ?

Sabir

Is 32GB DDR4 Ram enough for last 6 years or more?

Should i buy like 8x4= 32GB ?

Or should i buy like 16x2=32GB ?

If i buy like 16x2= 32GB another 2 slot will be available for upgrade in the future. So i can have 64 GB in future by adding another 16x2=32GB . And if i buy like 8x4=32GB so i can't able to upgrade in the future because there is no slot available for upgrade.  But other fact is in 5 or 6 years DDR5 Ram will be available. So which option should i get. 

1) 16x2=32GB DDR4

2) 8x4=32GB DDR4

And how much MHz is great for gaming fps or for fast speed? 2333, 2400, 3000, 3200 or more? Which one should i get? Which brand Ram is solid build and high quality? 

Thanks in Advance :)

32GB is overkill for the coming 6 years. when gaming i rarely use over 8. i swear, 16Gb of my 32GB kit hasn't ever been used properly! even when rendering, my projects are small enough to fit on 16. :P

what CPU are you using with this? i know Ryzen benefits from high clocked RAM, but Intel's stuff really isn;t that picky.

1 minute ago, Cruorzy said:

A lets predict the future topic, they are easy to answer.

Yet you provide zero feedback or insite... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, Sabir said:

Is 32GB DDR4 Ram enough for last 6 years or more?

Should i buy like 8x4= 32GB ?

Or should i buy like 16x2=32GB ?

If i buy like 16x2= 32GB another 2 slot will be available for upgrade in the future. So i can have 64 GB in future by adding another 16x2=32GB . And if i buy like 8x4=32GB so i can't able to upgrade in the future because there is no slot available for upgrade.  But other fact is in 5 or 6 years DDR5 Ram will be available. So which option should i get. 

1) 16x2=32GB DDR4

2) 8x4=32GB DDR4

And how much MHz is great for gaming fps or for fast speed? 2333, 2400, 3000, 3200 or more? Which one should i get? Which brand Ram is solid build and high quality? 

Thanks in Advance :)

Dude, another thread about ram? I told you to get 2x8GB of ram last time as 16GB is more than enough for just gaming.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Sure, 32GB is more than enough for the next 6 years, but RAM prices are so overpriced right now that you would be much better off just buying 16GB for now and then buying another 16GB when you need it after RAM prices drop back to the norm. Also, DDR5 will be in use by then so ^_^,,

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Yet you provide zero feedback or insite... 

Yeah I would totally tell what he needs in the upcoming 6 years, because we do have that knowledge.

We can only make assumptions, my sarcasm would say enough that this isn't really a question.

Let me get my timemachine.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

12 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

Yeah I would totally tell what he needs in the upcoming 6 years, because we do have that knowledge.

We can only make assumptions, my sarcasm would say enough that this isn't really a question.

Let me get my timemachine.

If you dont' have anything meaningful to say or add to the thread, like momma always said... don't say ANYTHING. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

28 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

32GB is overkill for the coming 6 years. when gaming i rarely use over 8. i swear, 16Gb of my 32GB kit hasn't ever been used properly! even when rendering, my projects are small enough to fit on 16. :P

what CPU are you using with this? i know Ryzen benefits from high clocked RAM, but Intel's stuff really isn;t that picky.

I am going to buy i7 8700k and Gtx 1080 ti. 

23 minutes ago, vong said:

Dude, another thread about ram? I told you to get 2x8GB of ram last time as 16GB is more than enough for just gaming.

But i want for last at least 6 years :)

6 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

If you dont' have anything meaningful to say or add to the thread, like momma always said... don't say ANYTHING. 

Idk what your momma says, but seems like you working against her rules too.

Well go ahead and predict the future my man! i have great confidence that you can!

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

It was a meaningful answer even if you didn't see it as such.

The answer, drenched in sarcasm, was simply this:
"We don't know and might not even have a way to know how things will be that far down the line. So maybe don't worry about it right now".

As for my two cents: I have 32Gb of system RAM right now and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it all.

I bought that 4x8 kit just for the looks, not for any practical reason.

If you're asking about performance, just get 16Gb now. If you have the possibility to add two more DIMMs later, then all the better.

---

21 minutes ago, whoisit1118 said:

Sure, 32GB is more than enough for the next 6 years, but RAM prices are so overpriced right now that you would be much better off just buying 16GB for now and then buying another 16GB when you need it after RAM prices drop back to the norm. Also, DDR5 will be in use by then so ^_^,,

Which brand is best ? And how much mhz is great for gaming fps or fast speed?

Just now, Sabir said:

Which brand is best ? And how much mhz is great for gaming fps or fast speed?

RAM speed has so little impact on gaming performance that it's not worth even thinking about.

Unless you're running an APU or something, it's really not worth thinking about too much.

And if you are running an APU instead of a discrete graphics card, then "gaming performance" is clearly not a priority.

Just pick up what's in your price range and turn on the XMP profile when you get it into your rig.

---

2 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

RAM speed has so little impact on gaming performance that it's not worth even thinking about.

Unless you're running an APU or something, it's really not worth thinking about too much.

And if you are running an APU instead of a discrete graphics card, then "gaming performance" is clearly not a priority.

Just pick up what's in your price range and turn on the XMP profile when you get it into your rig.

XMP profile is it in bios ? You mean about overclock? 

The XMP profile is part of the RAM itself.

It's a setting you enable on your motherboard BIOS.

It's a sort of manufacturer rated overclock for the RAM. So it's been validated to run at the advertised speeds, even if those speeds are technically an overclock by DDR4 standards.

---

5 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

2 minutes ago, Sabir said:

XMP profile is it in bios ? You mean about overclock? 

"RAM speed does not matter" is assuming you are not on Threadripper/Ryzen platform. Anyway, if you buy a overclocked RAM(anything over 2133) you need to enable something called XMP profile(default overclock profile set by manufacturer for RAM) for RAM to run at its full rated speed. Brand really does not matter, RAM speed is what really matters. Perhaps go for RGB RAM if you care about aesthetics.

unless your doing, photo and video editing, rendering, and stuff in that nature yeah 32gb would be more then enough if you are doing those things its a solid maybe imo.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

2 minutes ago, whoisit1118 said:

"RAM speed does not matter" is assuming you are not on Threadripper/Ryzen platform. Anyway, if you buy a overclocked RAM(anything over 2133) you need to enable something called XMP profile(default overclock profile set by manufacturer for RAM) for RAM to run at its full rated speed. Brand really does not matter, RAM speed is what really matters. Perhaps go for RGB RAM if you care about aesthetics.

I will definitely buy rgb ram . I will buy G.skill Trident z rgb 3200mhz.  

4 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

unless your doing, photo and video editing, rendering, and stuff in that nature yeah 32gb would be more then enough if you are doing those things its a solid maybe imo.

10 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

The XMP profile is part of the RAM itself.

It's a setting you enable on your motherboard BIOS.

It's a sort of manufacturer rated overclock for the RAM. So it's been validated to run at the advertised speeds, even if those speeds are technically an overclock by DDR4 standards.

I am currently watching this guide right now. XMP .

9 hours ago, Sabir said:

But i want for last at least 6 years :)

That's why I told you to get 2x8GB sticks then grab another 2x8GB sticks when you think you need more ram...

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB