Even market analysts/investors know CoD is on the decline

exyia
VentureBeat reports that Ghost sales marked a 19% year-over-year decrease from Black Ops 2. Activision told investors that they expected some drop while players hold off to transition to new consoles, but Cowen analyst Doug Creutz says the picture is more serious than the warnings suggested. He says that the difference worth noting is the release dates, as Ghosts had more days on the market but still suffered its slump.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/82385/call-of-duty-ghosts-sales-lower-than-activision-warnings-says

this is no surprise to us, and Michael Pachter has been calling out this decline for years - but it looks like investors are finally waking up and realizing it

I'm happy - CoD is such a plague on wasted game design, wasted talent, and wasted money. But I'm not going to bother ranting on that here

We don't need economics to know this.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Yeah we knew it but now everyone does :D

at least someone can read. thumbs up to you :)

It takes someone older than 12 to realize this...

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Yeah, even my console friends are now playing BF4

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

No need of economy to know that this franchise is dying. Seriously, I thought of it earlier today, I remember playing CoD 4 and dayum was that game good, and then I started playing PC again in 2009 (back to basics on CS, waddup) and didn't give a single f*ck about CoD, and it's only when I started playing BF3 last year that I just caught up on what the games was like, and boy was I feeling bad for the franchise.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

0 innovation. nada. null. zero. none.

thats why economists and greedy ppl on high places should keep fingers away from video game development.

Valve is great example of good game company. when valve hired staff behind narbacular drop, they didnt say - > DO PORTAL DO THIS DO THAT. they let them create the game as they wanted.

A great game.

But it always sells well, so there will be another one after another one after another one after...

Signatures are stupid.

I thought it broke records in the last few games.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I feel like Activision is one of those companies that instead of investing some money to make the game popular and fun again will rather just keep releasing the same game to get every penny possible until it dies. 

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

I feel like Activision is one of those companies that instead of investing some money to make the game popular and fun again will rather just keep releasing the same game to get every penny possible until it dies. 

That sounds like every company ever. Sequels/remakes are not new, and (obviously) only go until people stop caring. It just so happens CoD could go half a decade before people got tired of it.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

That sounds like every company ever. Sequels/remakes are not new, and (obviously) only go until people stop caring. It just so happens CoD could go half a decade before people got tired of it.

At least other companies try to keep franchises alive as long as possible to get more money in the long run. Activision on the other hand looks like they just stopped trying and will continue to release the same sh*t until it dies. Remembers me of some other franchises by them *cough* Guitar Hero *cough*

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

pfft wasted talent? what talent? those people need to stop what they're doing but they don't need to go work somewhere else and ruin some other game.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

We've been saying cod is declining since the mw2 days. I'll believe it when it stops breaking sales records every year

At least other companies try to keep franchises alive as long as possible to get more money in the long run. Activision on the other hand looks like they just stopped trying and will continue to release the same sh*t until it dies. Remembers me of some other franchises by them *cough* Guitar Hero *cough*

Guitar Hero was taken over by Rock Band though, and I think the whole craze for that has died off... I was into GH3 and Rock Band 1, but burned out for any games after that. Same happened with CoD, has yet to happen with Nintendo.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I know CoD is going downhill but why did it still manage to reach $1B faster than GTA V? WTF

Also, with Destiny being pushed close to the yearly release of CoD, Destiny might be Activision's newest IP to be refreshed every year, a.k.a. "the big thing"

They have been using the same engine since Cod 4. Hasn't really changed much overall.

CPU: 2500k 4.6 Ghz 1.38V   Cooler: CM Seidon 120M   Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V   Memory: Patriot 1600 Mhz (4x4Gb)   GPU: MSI Twin Frozer 3 7950 (1100/1500)  

Storage: Patriot Pyro SE 120Gb, Seagate 500Gb,  HGST 1Tb   PSU: OCZ 700W   Monitor: Dell ST2420L   Mouse: Razer Naga 2012   Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Ultimate (Mx Blues)  

Maybe its easier to stomach than the thought of role playing as a vigilantic drug smuggling rapist that kills women and children.

I know CoD is going downhill but why did it still manage to reach $1B faster than GTA V? WTF

Also, with Destiny being pushed close to the yearly release of CoD, Destiny might be Activision's newest IP to be refreshed every year, a.k.a. "the big thing"

And here I am sitting with my unopened cod ghosts that I got from my dad's friend that works in Activision. . .

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Its the same game as mw3 with a expansion pack. I play blops 2 every now and then and i still get a lot of fun out of it when i do. But i will not be buying ghosts. CoD could last alot longer if treyarc goes out and makes a brand new engine and give it alot of the battlefield stuff they have had for years *Cough* REAL Destructible environments *cough*. Then i will buy it again. But if they dont change i see cod dying in about 2-3 years.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Wasn't that proven to be total bull?

The $1 billion dollar amount relates to the value of units shipped to retailers for Ghosts, NOT what they actually sold.

I don't even think Ghosts reached a billion dollars in sales as Activision hasn't reported jack-shit since they got caught out reporting lies relating to sales numbers.

Why are people still even making threads about COD. We all know it sucks and we knew that for a LONG LONG time.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M