Even market analysts/investors know CoD is on the decline

exyia

Wasn't that proven to be total bull?

The $1 billion dollar amount relates to the value of units shipped to retailers for Ghosts, NOT what they actually sold.

I don't even think Ghosts reached a billion dollars in sales as Activision hasn't reported jack-shit since they got caught out reporting lies relating to sales numbers.

this

they only reported shipped units

I think it's funny when people hate on game companies for releasing sequels to popular games that are *gasp* like the popular game.  If it isn't broke, don't fix it.  Look at Counterstrike, what innovation has there been in the past 13 years?  People play the same maps, with the same guns, tiny tweaks get made for each release...but it isn't innovative.  It's still probably the best competitive shooter on the market even if it isn't the most popular.  I enjoy the CoD games (the modern ones) for single player, I sometimes play a bit of multiplayer, and I never buy them on release anymore...but that doesn't make them bad.  No one "innovates" in sequels.  Look at Halo, same game newer package.  Battlefield is the same, all the games are pretty much the same.  Do they add new features?  Sure, it is complete innovation?  No.  It's hype and it's cyclical.  BF was a joke for the first game, the second game was popular a little, it wasn't until BF3 when people started getting bored with other shooters that it really got popular...

edit:  for the record, new game engine mostly equals better graphics, not innovation...