should i upgrade my cpu?

I have i7 6700k on 4.8GHZ but in some games the cpu goes up to 100% and the game starts lagging a lot.My gpu is 1080 ti without overclock and i am using 4k as my main monitor and 1080p for my secondary.What cpu and motherboard should i upgrade to?The cooling is not problem for me because i have custom loop only for the cpu.

Im not sure why you are having cpu problems thats a very capable chip but if you want to upgrade a 8700k is the way to go.

Im not sure what this signature thing is but it could use some RG

Any other program that running?

Check chrome tabs, some malicious website like 'piratebay' mine coins off your browser.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Personally, I wouldn't upgrade. It confuses me as to why your CPU would go to 100% load. Really, for games, that's never happened to me before.

What games is it happening on?

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Your cpu is good enough to run those games.

Check your task manager see whats goin on under the hood.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, cocata75611 said:

I have i7 6700k on 4.8GHZ but in some games the cpu goes up to 100% and the game starts lagging a lot.My gpu is 1080 ti without overclock and i am using 4k as my main monitor and 1080p for my secondary.What cpu and motherboard should i upgrade to?The cooling is not problem for me because i have custom loop only for the cpu.

Let's diagnose this first :)

What games are you playing that are causing this?

Download HWMonitor. Let it run in the background while you play games. When the CPU hits 100% usage, is the GPU ALSO hitting 100%? In other words, is your system just maxing out in general? This is unlikely, but certainly possible. A game like Kingdom Come Deliverance has BOTH my 1080ti and my 8600k hitting 99-100% usage in some points. Though not encountering any noticable stutters when this occurs. 

Is your CPU overclocked to 4.8ghz on ALL cores or just one or two of the "boost cores"?

If it indeed seems that the CPU is holding your 1080ti back, then the only reasonable upgrade (if you're gaming) is the 8700k. You won't notice enough difference between the 8600k and the 6700k for such a purchase to be worthwhile. 

I hope that helps!