Mystic Space Warrior PC

I would like to know where you got the bracket used to mount the GPU (the blue metal piece). Was it custom made?

2 minutes ago, mpsii said:

I would like to know where you got the bracket used to mount the GPU (the blue metal piece). Was it custom made?

It's plastic and 3D-printed

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

I was listening to the episode when I heard you say you bought a hand saw. Intrigued I looked up and saw a sheetrock saw. I couldn't control my laughter because I knew what was coming. You should have gotten something like a coping saw. 

I realize that Clippy is long gone from Office, but I always a joke at his expense. I have to thank whomever it was that put that on the slide; I got a good chuckle out of it.

I had to not watch anymore as soon as Linus went into the board room, I held out until then as I wanted to close the video pretty quickly as soon as I watched it. I was all hyped, in the few seconds talking about the graphics, then the Star Wars shit was a big turn off but I could handle it if it was releveant, so I toughed it out! Then Linus' acting abilities, well what to say about that. So we'll move on, board room I had to end it right there.

They should really invest in a router (tool) for making those holes, it is not like it is the first time they have had huge problems making them. And get a really sharp chisle aswell, to do cleanup.  Both routers and chisels are very cheap and easy to use.

2 minutes ago, TheValiantSoul said:

They should really invest in a router (tool) for making those holes, it is not like it is the first time they have had huge problems making them. And get a really sharp chisle aswell, to do cleanup.  Both routers and chisels are very cheap and easy to use.

shit a simple multi-tool would go a LONG way to getting cleaner cuts or go all out and get the whole damn setup

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-12-Piece-Combo-Kit-with-One-4-0Ah-Battery-and-One-2-0Ah-Battery-Charger-and-Bag-R9627N/300342950?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|google|&mid=sXhADCnEW|dc_mtid_8903tb925190_pcrid_195274179091_pkw__pmt__product_300342950_slid_&gclid=Cj0KCQiAiKrUBRD6ARIsADS2OLm1TeB0393P9VVwDA-HuUSo9ydF-g_m4SAoJ-_EuJJjStNVZxK7L0waAi13EALw_wcB

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

I think MY Mystic Space Warrior PC is cleaner looking, it may only be a 6700k not an 8700k but I've got 2 Mystic Space Warriors inside.

<sAnp>

Fractal Design always makes things cooler

28 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Fractal Design always makes things cooler

I had to strip that thing down to get all that to fit, had to ditch the 3.5" drive bays completely just to get my PSU in (RM750x) and had to pull out the removable piece of the shroud so I could put in all 3 front fans (Corsair ML120's)., not much room for anything else, not sure why people would want a smaller case then that.

I died a little when they tried working MDF. Next time please, leave the MDF to the shop and get plywood instead, might be few dollars more expensive, but even with those skills you cannot make that bad mess. Also, if you so want to use MDF, use washers, we all know that it's going to drop sometime and without washers the screws will just pop their way through the MDF.

8 hours ago, TechyBen said:

So why could they not make a pyramid case? Can they elaborate?

Getting the angles right so the laser cut pieces all lined up was a lot harder and we were under a big time crunch so we had to scrap that and just live with it being a cube.

1 hour ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Getting the angles right so the laser cut pieces all lined up was a lot harder and we were under a big time crunch so we had to scrap that and just live with it being a cube.

Thanks! I was not sure which part of the video was the joke, and which was the actual reality of the difficulty! :D

The little case I made for my Raspberry Pi also had a HDMI socket 2 mm off the wrong way when I made it. So I know it can be difficult and need multiple iterations to get right.

Glad you did not give up!

[edit]

AAAAH! Now I get the joke! You were not allowed to put "Star Wars" on it, but were allowed to make a pyramid, if given enough time.

This might be a unpopular opinion but; this case looks trashy imo, why didn't they go with a metal frame giving it more of a Stars Wars feel? It easily could have had another vent on the rear by the io to help with those thermals. The graphics card definitely should have been flipped 180 so the titan logo wasn't upside down. Cabling, oh god... it's so easy to get CableMod cables to make it look halfway decent. Those RGB strips look like cancer, like come on guys at least try.

I've attached a revision 3 if you guys want to take a crack at it.

Star Wars Case Drawing.pdf

What PCI-e extension riser cable are they using in this build?

Heey my first comment on the LTT forum xD

On 21/02/2018 at 11:38 PM, TheBogger said:

This might be a unpopular opinion but; this case looks trashy imo, why didn't they go with a metal frame giving it more of a Stars Wars feel? It easily could have had another vent on the rear by the io to help with those thermals. The graphics card definitely should have been flipped 180 so the titan logo wasn't upside down. Cabling, oh god... it's so easy to get CableMod cables to make it look halfway decent. Those RGB strips look like cancer, like come on guys at least try.

I've attached a revision 3 if you guys want to take a crack at it.

Star Wars Case Drawing.pdf

Time constraints. The deadline for the video.

• 4 years later...

I modded a ITX case with laser cut, RGB lit, side panels. Two 120mm fans are at the bottom pushing air to the top exhaust holes.

spacer.png