13 fans + 2xDual Pumps. Need help connecting it all.

Okay... So I'm building my dream PC in a TT The Tower 900 case and I'm in a bit of a bind as to how to connect everything.

The Mobo is the ROG Zenith Extreme so it has only 1xUSB2.0(10 pin) header (at least as far as I could see)
I have 13 x 140 Corsair HD RGB fans
2 x Corsair Commander Pros
3 x RGB Corsair Hubs (the 6 slot ones)
2 x EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM pumps
The PSU (I'm still waiting on the delivery. It is the 1600 EVGA Titanium)
Im also waiting on some cable extensions by Cablemod... Don't know if they are going to help out with the Sata connectivity

I am trying to figure out how to make all of this work and how not to fry anything but also control the pumps and the fans.

So far from what I was able to find something like the Internal USB Hub by NZXT should allow to connect both the Commander Pros to the Motherboard and after that the only thing I need is SATA power. I have 2 x Hybrid HDs and one 850 Evo SSD. So I will need 8xSata power connections in this case (3 for the storage components, 2 for the Commander PROs and 3 for the RGB Hubs)

I'm not sure if I will have enough connections really so that might be an issue.

In regards to the Pumps I read that it's possible to plug them to the Fan controller ports but that it might not also be a good idea as far as controlling the speed as it will control it based on the fan curve. I'm not a 100% sure on that as there were various opinions on that.

All suggestions are more than welcome.

Good luck with cable management there. Anyhow, you can get a molex to sata cable to power any extra sata connections. For fans, use a bunch of pwm fan splitters. For the pumps, I recommend having one plugged into the cpu fan header and the other in the cpu opt header. You will definitely need a USB hub or 2 like the NZXT one.

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

17 minutes ago, someboody said:

Okay... So I'm building my dream PC in a TT The Tower 900 case and I'm in a bit of a bind as to how to connect everything.

The Mobo is the ROG Zenith Extreme so it has only 1xUSB2.0(10 pin) header (at least as far as I could see)
I have 13 x 140 Corsair HD RGB fans
2 x Corsair Commander Pros
3 x RGB Corsair Hubs (the 6 slot ones)
2 x EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM pumps
The PSU (I'm still waiting on the delivery. It is the 1600 EVGA Titanium)
Im also waiting on some cable extensions by Cablemod... Don't know if they are going to help out with the Sata connectivity

I am trying to figure out how to make all of this work and how not to fry anything but also control the pumps and the fans.

So far from what I was able to find something like the Internal USB Hub by NZXT should allow to connect both the Commander Pros to the Motherboard and after that the only thing I need is SATA power. I have 2 x Hybrid HDs and one 850 Evo SSD. So I will need 8xSata power connections in this case (3 for the storage components, 2 for the Commander PROs and 3 for the RGB Hubs)

I'm not sure if I will have enough connections really so that might be an issue.

In regards to the Pumps I read that it's possible to plug them to the Fan controller ports but that it might not also be a good idea as far as controlling the speed as it will control it based on the fan curve. I'm not a 100% sure on that as there were various opinions on that.

All suggestions are more than welcome.

The 10 pin header is USB 3.0 header, not USB 2.0, USB 2.0 header should be somewhere else on the motherboard. For SATA Power,  your 1600W EVGA power supply will more than likely have enough SATA connections. If not, just buy more modular cables for SATA.

If you need multiple PWM connections I always use the Swiftech 8 way PWM splitter it’s cheap and as a sata power connection to power the fans or pumps so you don’t overload a motherboard fan header.. I use one for each radiator and if your using a Nvidia based GPU EK sells a cable that allows you to control the radiator fans via whatever GPU software (MSI afterburner) I have my Z270 build in the Thermaltake Tower 900 Snow Edition and it’s a great case to build in! 

My asus Rog has a port JUST for a pump. If that is the case for yours... then at least for the pump I would do the following. First off the pumps should be the same. Next they should be powered from either a sata power or molex. Get a splitter than reports slot 1 to the 4 pin header and mirrors the motherboard request to all connected devices. Then just connect the 2 pumps to it.

This means your pumps will be controlled by the profile you setup in your motherboard... also since they are the same pump connected to the same header they will run at the same speed. I did this back when I was using a Dual DDC pump setup and it worked flawlessly.

As to the other fans, it really depends on how all your connections are handled. My setup for example has 2 6 fan splitters where it uses the input from slot one to send information to the mobo. For me this worked well, because I was using the same fans on my radiators. So I again let the motherboard control these fans, but I have a water temp sensor connected to my motherboard and have it setup so that it adjust fan speed according to water temp (since my "lab" is temp controlled). For me it was just as easy as using the same setup on both fan headers for these splitters and it only required one sata power connector per splitter to power these fans.

My actual case fans are all controlled by a fan controller that is built into my case and I normally just have them moving enough air to keep my drives and motherboard cool as everything else in my build is on water.

The biggest challenge I had was wire management. I actually ended up getting some heat shrink tubing and using that to bundle together stuff so that it had a cleaner look. It does take away from the braided cables a bit, but most of these tubing is in the back of my case where the wire management happens anyways

Thanks everyone. I'll get the NZXT Internal USB HUB + a 4 way Fan Splitter by EK and connect that to the CPU Fan. It comes with the dreaded Molex power connector to power the three extensions so it shouldn't overload the MOBO header.

In regards to the cable management I'm thinking of placing the Corsair RGB Hubs and Corsair Commander Pros on the sides of my two 560 EK radiators. Do you think that's a good idea? I mean it's a heated body and that might potentially impact the Hubs and the Commander Pros (heat + electronics = bad), although they have quite the nice plastic shells. It might also potentially have an impact on the adhesive... So far I wasn't able to find any information on that... or any thread asking this question... or any pictures of builds doing that so this idea would either be extremely stupid or genius (in my case with all the cable clutter I found that I'll be able to hide almost all the cables that way).

I'm just going to guess that you're way overkilling here.  The only time you should be running 2 pumps is if you have dual loops, there's never a situation where you should need two pumps in series.  Old-thinking was that you would need super high flow rates to have good cooling.  Testing showed that anything above a trickle of water flowing is all you need.  1600W PSU: is only useful if you're running overclocked quad SLI, which isn't supported anymore (or if you're mining with 15 GPUs, but then buying 2x800W is more cost effective).

Don't bother running dedicated lines back to the PSU.  Use splitters and extensions at the "last inch" to reduce clutter.  I've had 12 mechanical hard drives running off a single molex plug.  These things are stout.

Nothing in your case is going to actually get hot.  Certainly not enough to affect plastic or adhesives.  Hide things wherever you can.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 hour ago, AnonymousGuy said:

I'm just going to guess that you're way overkilling here.  The only time you should be running 2 pumps is if you have dual loops, there's never a situation where you should need two pumps in series.  Old-thinking was that you would need super high flow rates to have good cooling.  Testing showed that anything above a trickle of water flowing is all you need.  1600W PSU: is only useful if you're running overclocked quad SLI, which isn't supported anymore (or if you're mining with 15 GPUs, but then buying 2x800W is more cost effective).

Don't bother running dedicated lines back to the PSU.  Use splitters and extensions at the "last inch" to reduce clutter.  I've had 12 mechanical hard drives running off a single molex plug.  These things are stout.

Nothing in your case is going to actually get hot.  Certainly not enough to affect plastic or adhesives.  Hide things wherever you can.

Thanks! Yeah. I'm overkilling a bit, yeah but that's the point. Then again the dual pumps are for redundancy really and I am running dual loops with monoblock on the CPU and MB + I will be overclocking as much as I can. According to pretty much every calculator after I included all the components I got estimates between 1285 - 1375W. Originally I wanted to get a 1300 PSU but some of those estimates made me reconsider a bit.

I will definitely follow your advise and run off of extensions as much as I can. First thing tomorrow will pull of the MOBO again to gain access to the back of the rads and hide all of the controllers and cables there... It's going to be so clean I can't even ^^. Thank you!!!