will i7 bottleneck GT 1030

Diarrrrrrr

Hi guyz , can my i7-2600 3.4GHZ bottleneck nVidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB , please tell me :) , because my i7-2600 3.4ghz bottlenecked my amd radeon hd 5450 and now i have so much lag :(. Thanks :) !. 

no

17 minutes ago, Shqiptar said:

Hi guyz , can my i7-2600 3.4GHZ bottleneck nVidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB , please tell me :) , because my i7-2600 3.4ghz bottlenecked my amd radeon hd 5450 and now i have so much lag :(. Thanks :) !. 

their is a possibility that the 1030 will bottleneck the 2600, not the other way around, i'd reccomend an rx 550 

MF UH BEANS

gt 1030 is the bottleneck, not the i7

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

A bottleneck starts coming in at like 1080 level of performance at 1440p or lower. It's still a great CPU

That's an F in the profile pic

Yall keep taking the bait

46 minutes ago, Shqiptar said:

Hi guyz , can my i7-2600 3.4GHZ bottleneck nVidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB , please tell me :) , because my i7-2600 3.4ghz bottlenecked my amd radeon hd 5450

bush_doing_it_wrong_1.jpg

I'm going to proceed under the assumption that this is a troll, but just in case, no, a 1030 will not bottleneck any i7, desktop or laptop. There's a reason MX150 GPUs are popular in U-processor systems--it's basically a mobile 1030.

If you're not trolling, and I still really think you are, take what you would have spent on that brand new 1030 (which is pushing $100 right now for some idiotic reason) and put it towards a GTX 670, 680 or 770 (if you can pull it off). Kepler is where the value is right now, but you've got to have a strong enough PSU to take advantage of it. If you don't have the wattage or PCI-E connectors for a higher-end Kepler card, just buy a 750 Ti.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

R u mad y would u even put the 2 together that gt 1030 will perform awfull thanks to that i7-8700k maybe invest in a core 2 duo

YES it will, save up for some decent used card like the GTX 970.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:53 PM, aisle9 said:

I'm going to proceed under the assumption that this is a troll, but just in case, no, a 1030 will not bottleneck any i7, desktop or laptop. There's a reason MX150 GPUs are popular in U-processor systems--it's basically a mobile 1030.

If you're not trolling, and I still really think you are, take what you would have spent on that brand new 1030 (which is pushing $100 right now for some idiotic reason) and put it towards a GTX 670, 680 or 770 (if you can pull it off). Kepler is where the value is right now, but you've got to have a strong enough PSU to take advantage of it. If you don't have the wattage or PCI-E connectors for a higher-end Kepler card, just buy a 750 Ti.

no im swearing im not trolling 

On 2/17/2018 at 3:53 PM, aisle9 said:

Speaking of kepler, i hope NVIDIA makes a driver update focusing on Kepler soon, a lot of people call Kepler (the GK110 chips at least) the worst aging GPU architecture.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Darkwraith said:

Speaking of kepler, i hope NVIDIA makes a driver update focusing on Kepler soon

And I hope Pfizer releases their cure for cancer, but that's not likely to happen either.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

And I hope Pfizer releases their cure for cancer, but that's not likely to happen either.

True