Need a new fairly inexpensive headset

Boyce05

I just broke my hyper x stinger and need a new headset for today. I play csgo and arma so need good surround sound.  Preferably below £80 . Thanks 

Hi Boyce!! :) 

Well the topic is not easy to answer since there's a lot of missconception about "sourrounding" and "being able to pin point" this or that.

The first thing you need to know is that you wont pin point anything better because your headset simulates a room around your ears. Actually, the sounds gets more messed up, which give you a feeling of more realism in some scenarios but can also fuck up A LOT the directional sound. I myself have the Astro's A50 3rd. gen (one of the best headsets in the market, if not the best) and in some games, for instance the phantom pain. When an enemy is getting close I can hear the steps ALL AROUND me cause the headset understands the sound goes around the room and is sometimes very difficult to recognize where the sounds comes from.

Another apreciation is that many profesional eSport players play with normal stereo button headsets (plugged in the ears) under the brand that pays them to wear their headset over the head (marketing stuff :) ) 

So my advice is that you forget about 7.1, 5.1 or any other gimmick.

And as long as youre after something cheap go to your local store and find the best 15€ pair of earbuds you can find. I have all kind of headsets: The Astro's, some senheiser lying around somewhere, the hyper X Cloud 2.... and you know what? I have a pair of panasonics earbuds I bought for 10€ in Spain because I needed them to take a flight and listen to some music in the meantime. Guess which headset I enjoy the most for comfort and honestly a great sound quality :)