How can i plug my laptop to my pc to use my laptop screen for my pc?

Howitz
1 minute ago, Howitz said:

is there a way to do it? how?

Short answer, nope.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Short answer, nope.

i want the long answer that ends with yes.

i want the long answer that ends with yes

i got you!

super easy, just take the screen out, buy a new Control Board that not only has an HDMI connection, but also works with your laptops panel, wire it together, and plug it in.

takes like 10 minutes

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

i got you!

super easy, just take the screen out, buy a new Control Board that not only has an HDMI connection, but also works with your laptops panel, wire it together, and plug it in.

takes like 10 minutes

k thanks lol :P 

ok anyway it seems i'm gonna need a monitor for the pc

k thanks lol :P

ok anyway it seems i'm gonna need a monitor for the pc

i mean, synergy kinda works (and was a sponsor for ltt), but honestly dismantling the laptop will get you a new monitor. and its really not that hard. and a control board is only like 15 bucks

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

i mean, synergy kinda works (and was a sponsor for ltt), but honestly dismantling the laptop will get you a new monitor. and its really not that hard. and a control board is only like 15 bucks

yeah but i'm not really willing to dismantle the laptop, i still wanna be able to bring it around with me and use it. but thanks anyway for you suggestion :P

yeah but i'm not really willing to dismantle the laptop, i still wanna be able to bring it around with me and use it. but thanks anyway for you suggestion :P

oh well in that case you'll have to use a software solution like Synergy, InputDirector, or Mouse Without Boarders.

my way is cooler though...

|Specs in profile|

1 minute ago, FBI said:

you could use a capture card 

alright i'll go check out what the heck this is :P thanks

31 minutes ago, FBI said:

you could use a capture card 

No, that wouldn't work, unless he only wanted to Duplicate the displays.

If he wanted to use it as a proper second monitor (Extended Desktop), then he would need the PC to actually see the display as a second monitor.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

No, that wouldn't work, unless he only wanted to Duplicate the displays.

If he wanted to use it as a proper second monitor (Extended Desktop), then he would need the PC to actually see the display as a second monitor.

He plugs the his pc into the card then the usb into tho laptop open obs and you will see the pc screen on the laptop 

it should see the capture card as an actuall display 

1 hour ago, FBI said:

He plugs the his pc into the card then the usb into tho laptop open obs and you will see the pc screen on the laptop 

That will have a large amount of latency.

6 hours ago, Glenwing said:

That will have a large amount of latency.

maybe in 2002 

Using a laptop screen through a "connection" is not possible because the HDMI port on your laptop is an "output port" unlike the one on your monitor which is an "input port".
You can use software alternates like LogMeIn or other ones (google's your friend) but having a physical cord to extend your desktop display to your laptop is just not possible as far as I know.

11 hours ago, FBI said:

Your post is very confusing. Can you clarify what you mean?

Because, if I understand you correctly, this still won't work.

1. You plug a capture card's USB port into the laptop

2. You plug the HDMI output of the GPU in the PC, into the capture card

3. The Capture card, is therefore, capturing the PC's "video output", and routing it to the laptop

4. Using OBS (or other software)... you... what? You still only have one output screen on one computer.

5. The laptop will have it's own display of course, but the capture stream (via OBS or any other software) will just be a window inside the Laptop's display. You're still limited to one display. And frankly, this setup doesn't even make any sense.

You could take the PC's monitor and hook it up to the laptop, giving the laptop 2 screens (assuming compatible video ports on both laptop and monitor), but that doesn't help the PC at all. You could display the PC's output on one of those screens, but why? You're still limited to one screen from the PC, at best.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Your post is very confusing. Can you clarify what you mean?

Because, if I understand you correctly, this still won't work.

1. You plug a capture card's USB port into the laptop

2. You plug the HDMI output of the GPU in the PC, into the capture card

3. The Capture card, is therefore, capturing the PC's "video output", and routing it to the laptop

4. Using OBS (or other software)... you... what? You still only have one output screen on one computer.

5. The laptop will have it's own display of course, but the capture stream (via OBS or any other software) will just be a window inside the Laptop's display. You're still limited to one display. And frankly, this setup doesn't even make any sense.

You could take the PC's monitor and hook it up to the laptop, giving the laptop 2 screens (assuming compatible video ports on both laptop and monitor), but that doesn't help the PC at all. You could display the PC's output on one of those screens, but why? You're still limited to one screen from the PC, at best.

Yeah basically i want to use my laptop to display my pc, without having a monitor for my pc (using the laptop monitor only, for the pc) as far as you guys told me, it will not be possible

17 minutes ago, Howitz said:

Yeah basically i want to use my laptop to display my pc, without having a monitor for my pc (using the laptop monitor only, for the pc) as far as you guys told me, it will not be possible

you can 100% do that with a capture card i just tested it 

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

Which card are you using?

an easycap composite capture card 

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

I really doubt his PC has composite output

Nah i used a hdmi to composite box

but it would workthe same with any 3.0 hdmi capture card and would have minimal delay 

1 minute ago, FBI said:

Nah i used a hdmi to composite box

but it would workthe same with any 3.0 hdmi capture card and would have minimal delay 

I have an HD60, the delay is at least half a second.

Most decent capture cards will cost almost as much as a new monitor, sort of defeats the purpose of wanting to use your laptop's screen.

Just now, Glenwing said:

I have an HD60, the delay is at least half a second.

Most decent capture cards will cost almost as much as a new monitor, sort of defeats the purpose of wanting to use your laptop's screen.

That uses usb 2.0 thats why