Wifi with the Gigabyte AB350N gaming Motherboard

Duchess

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350N-Gaming-WIFI-rev-10#kf

How does wifi with this work.  Is it saying it has it built in like a laptop or would I need the 4.2 module to plug into the back of my pc case?

I dont have a use for the wifi in particular but if I ever wanted to take the pc somewhere wifi thats as easy as a laptop could be nice.  I just want to know what im buying.

Also this asus board seems to need an antenna plugged in but I guess it could just be to make it better? Is it required? Asus ROG STRIX B350-I GAMING

Thanks for any help

The WiFi on both of them is built in, but you're expected to install the antennas so that it has better signal. Honestly, I don't know how well it performs without the antenna, or if it works at all without them, I've never tried it myself. 

9 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

It has a wifi card installed like a laptop, you can see it behind the red usb ports. You can see it in the third picture on Gigabyte's website or:

5IcnKMA.jpg

So that means no antenna needed?  theres a picture of an antenna hooked up later down the page and its wired to connection ports, where i would imagine you would plug in an antenna if you were going to

2 minutes ago, Duchess said:

So that means no antenna needed?  theres a picture of an antenna hooked up later down the page and its wired to connection ports, where i would imagine you would plug in an antenna if you were going to

You do need the antenna as @Oshino Shinobu said. Those come included with the board.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

18 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The WiFi on both of them is built in, but you're expected to install the antennas so that it has better signal. Honestly, I don't know how well it performs without the antenna, or if it works at all without them, I've never tried it myself. 

ok thanks for the info.  someone below said they come included so that answers my next question lol