R9 270 for 35 € (43 Dollars)

So listen, last week friend told me that his gpu (R9 270) is dead. Bassiclly the Gpu wasnt giving out anyore signal, fans where spinning and the gpu is getting enough power, monitor is also fine.

The thing is, that my friend doesnt know anything about pc'`s and his dad instantly bought him a new one (gtx 1050ti).

So he offerd me the card for 35 € to buy.

Here in Germany the go on Ebay for 

25 € dead

50  € working

I dont know if i should get it, i dont need it cause i own a gtx 680, but i think about fixing it and reselling it

Should i get it?

What could be the Problem with the card?

Greeting from germanyBildergebnis für r9 270 gigabyte

2 minutes ago, Lappensaurus said:

Should i get it?

What could be the Problem with the card?

The problem could be driver-related. If it's definitely getting enough power and the monitor works fine, then it basically comes down to either a BIOS setting(unlikely), or what type of video-out port is being used, or drivers/other software(such as operating system).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The problem could be driver-related. If it's definitely getting enough power and the monitor works fine, then it basically comes down to either a BIOS setting(unlikely), or what type of video-out port is being used, or drivers/other software(such as operating system).

Well it "died" from to the other so i dont think it could be the driversor the os ( windows 7), but the port is a great idea

Nah, I've had that kinda problem before on quite a few GPUs and most of the time they were irrepairable. From my experience it's most likely a problem with the GPU core itself. 

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Just now, Lappensaurus said:

Well it "died" from to the other so i dont think it could be the driversor the os ( windows 7), but the port is a great idea

Check different cables too, and make sure drivers are up to date.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I wouldn't be so quick to write off BIOS, Remember lots of people try to flash the R9 370 firmware onto them for that boost, Super common with the RX series as well. so could be a thing,

@OP Don't bother, A broken card is just a paperweight, if it was something like card works but cooling has failed that could be worth it as you get aftermarket solutions or hell cable tie a fan on, but something that does nothing I wouldn't bother with. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, mikat said:

Idk if this feels like an asshole thing to do but you could say that you'll return it to him if you can't fix it.

Nah, this is the kinda stuff linus would do, but not me

ask to test it for free for him so you could trouble shoot it and if it works you will buy it for 20euros

then you are at no risk