Phobya UC-2 CPU Block restricting flow.

Hey there. I just bought a phobya uc2 cpu block to replace my old cuplex krysos which I accidentally borked the microchannels on as I was cleaning it. 

So i installed the UC-2 in the loop and I immediately noticed that it barely let any water through it, I guess it's a very restrictive one.

Water goes up from my bay res to the top radiator just fine but kinda gets stuck in the tube between the cpu block and the rad, And Water sort of trickles down into the tube from the rad.

After a while when I got most of the air out it seemed to normalize a bit, but it still left me wondering if my pump is too weak for this block or something like that... So that's my main question, if I need a new, stronger pump.

This is what I have now.http://www.xoxide.com/xspc-acrylic-dual-5-25-reservoir-pump-combo-with-one-laing-ddc.html

My loop goes like this: Bayres/pump combo > top rad> CPU block> gpu block> gpu block > bottom rad > and back to the bay res

Edited by Nocure

56 minutes ago, Nocure said:

Hey there. I just bought a phobya uc2 cpu block to replace my old cuplex krysos which I accidentally borked the microchannels on as I was cleaning it. 

So i installed the UC-2 in the loop and I immediately noticed that it barely let any water through it, I guess it's a very restrictive one.

Water goes up from my bay res to the top radiator just fine but kinda gets stuck in the tube between the cpu block and the rad, And Water sort of trickles down into the tube from the rad.

After a while when I got most of the air out it seemed to normalize a bit, but it still left me wondering if my pump is too weak for this block or something like that... So that's my main question, if I need a new, stronger pump.

This is what I have now.http://www.xoxide.com/xspc-acrylic-dual-5-25-reservoir-pump-combo-with-one-laing-ddc.html

My loop goes like this: Bayres/pump combo > top rad> CPU block> gpu block> gpu block > bottom rad > and back to the bay res

I would have thought a DDC should be able to handle that. If you want to reduce flow restriction, you could consider running your GPU blocks in a parallel configuration.

You mean running an extra tube from the gpu blocks down to the rad? This is how it looks like right now, how would you make these changes?20180214_204244.thumb.jpg.d07ba7e8cbb8c3159ef1572c84930440.jpg

Like this, add another tube between the GPUs and move the inlet to the other side. The flow is split into half and then rejoins at the otherside.

20170615_115016.thumb.jpg.8dd1cda50941340df71a2c4b93292f4f.jpg

Alright so I installed another tube between the cards and moved the inlet and filled the loop, and it did seem to improve the flow quite a bit, but my temperatures seem a bit wonky now on my first GPU. Is it normal that one card runs hotter than the other card in this setup?

On idle my first card runs at about 35c while the lower one runs 27-30c. And when I start playing a game the first card can go 50+ while the lower one stays under 40c

30 minutes ago, Nocure said:

Alright so I installed another tube between the cards and moved the inlet and filled the loop, and it did seem to improve the flow quite a bit, but my temperatures seem a bit wonky now on my first GPU. Is it normal that one card runs hotter than the other card in this setup?

On idle my first card runs at about 35c while the lower one runs 27-30c. And when I start playing a game the first card can go 50+ while the lower one stays under 40c

Assuming that the blocks have been unchanged then they really should be within a degree or two of eachother. Any possibility of a huge air bubble or something in the hot card? Made easy if you have a plexi block so you can see, if not I suppose just epic tilting of the case.

It seems to be bubbles... yeah. I had problems with temps yesterday and I did another round of bleeding today and it looked like I got everything out. But more bubbles have started hanging out in that block now. Damn it :(

A DDC pump can drive any desktop loop.  I would guess you have a clogged block somewhere if you can't get enough flowrate to blast airbubbles out.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Well it wasn't like this before I installed the phobya uc-2 block, and it's brand new. I also cleaned the rads and gpu blocks before putting the loop back together. The pump/res is a bit old now though, 5+ years. The bubbles move with some pretty hardcore assisted tilting, but the smaller bubbled don't seem to bleed as easily as they did before this new block.