Will shower steam damage my wacom tablet i the shower steam migrated into my bedroom from the bathroom next door?

Hi, just wondering.. I have a bathroom right outside my bedroom.. and sometimes I forget to close the door when my roommates go to take a shower. My tablet sits at the end of the room further away from the entrance. My room is a bit small. There are no vents in the bathroom.. I know shower steam can damage electronic devices.. so I am bit paranoid. Sometimes when I walk into my room after I or a roommate takes a shower, I can scarcely sense the moisture, as it smells like shampoo and body soap.. will there likely be any damage? Thank you in advance.

2 minutes ago, a_jiang89 said:

will there likely be any damage?

If it gets a chance to dry out before being used again, I wouldn't worry too much.

Welcome to the forums!

Also, what kind of bathroom has no vent? That's just kinda stupid IMO.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

You'd have to be the unluckiest person on the planet for that to damage your device, lmao. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I have dropped my phone in the shower before. The moto g3 is indestructible. Pixel 2 I will never take it into water.

The geek himself.

9 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

I have dropped my phone in the shower before. The moto g3 is indestructible. Pixel 2 I will never take it into water.

While I wouldn't recommend doing it with either one of them, the Pixel 2 is IP 67 certified for water resistance. So I get it if you fall, but for just being in light water there is no reason to be worried.

You will be fine.  I have had my S8+ in a fully steamed non ventilated bathroom before while it was on and nothing happened to it.  Worst thing that has happened is that it tripped the moisture sensor and the charging port wouldn't accept a charge for like 5mins tops and it went away and would charge again.  Given that your device is in another room entirely I think you'll be ok.

Just now, LordTaco42 said:

I have had my S8+ in a fully steamed non ventilated bathroom

You do know that your phone is water proof? ('water and dust resistant" ip67)

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

2 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Well yeah but the point being that you have to do quiet alot to damage a device much the less one that is in a seperate room entirely. 

Would I take in a tablet into a non ventilated steam room for an hour no.  At the same token I doubt just a few minute long shower steam would kill it either especially with it being in another room.

If you are that paranoid about it though you could always wrap it in a towel to block off some of the steam from getting into the ports and condensing on the device itself for at least a little while.

3 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

ip68 isnt it?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

ip68 isnt it?

Something like that

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Just now, hconverse02 said:

Something like that

yeah, not much difference I'm just being pedantic :P

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

should be fine.  I've had my cellphone sitting on the counter a few times during a shower and no issues.  I had it on the counter last night with the led light on to light the room since bathroom light burnt out so i could shower without killing myself, lol.  no issues.

In the short term, moisture will most likely not affect electronics. I have left the window open to my room (where my pc is located) during damp/cold/rainy/foggy weather with the pc on and have had no problems - most likely the humidity in the case is to dry to be affected by the moisture.

On the flip side, moisture in the air will not be the problem, but the dirt/dust/hair that does get damp (or water that condensates inside) will most likely cause something to short.

Personally, I have seen the effects of moisture on my old PC. When taking apart the graphics card, there was a bit of corrosion built up on the heat sink which I attribute to the computer being placed a few inches above the floor and the constant carpet cleaning done on the floors of the old place where I used to live.

dont use your wacom in the shower, you'll be fine.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Thanks everyone! Very helpful. Just being too paranoid.