[SOLVED] NO SCREEN after upgrade (Ryzen 5)

So I’m fairly lost here I must say. 

My friend got an upgrade kit for his pc. 

Ryzen 5 1600X

Asus Prime B350

8GB of DDR 4 RAM

He already had a strixx GTX 1060 6G in his ‘old’ pc. 

As I applied the new cpu to the motherboard, added some thermal paste, applied the cooler etc and turned on the PC I noticed it was blank. I was currently at his place so I took the whole lot home. At home, thinking it’d be the graphics card, I switched my Asus Strixx GTX970 out of my build and plugged it in. 

Immediately the pc turned on and bios popped up. 

Then I decided to test his GTX 1060 on my build. Bios popped up and no weird things happened. 

Switching the 1060 back in resulted in no screen whatsoever. 

Is this related to the PSU? It is a 600 watt supply and I’m using a 550 watts on my 4790k build. 

Do you guys have any idea why my 970 works but the 1060 fails to do anything?

Update The BIOS?

Main Laptop: Google Pixelbook 

Dev mode w/ Cross Enabled

PC: Ryzen 7

1700x / 32GB 2667 / GTX 1080 / 1.5 TB of SSDs / 1TB of HDDs

Monitor: AW3418DW Ultrawide

120hz / 3440x1440 / RGB / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

2nd Monitor: Dell U2515hx

25 inches / 1440p / Portrait / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

9 minutes ago, TrevMCC38 said:

Update The BIOS?

Would that be the logical solution? I will try and see if this works when I come home from work tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Could be a bad motherboard PCIE slot? I mean, sounds like this is a motherboard issue. Otherwise like @TrevMCC38 mentioned update the bios. Then try it out again, otherwise I would suspect a faulty motherboard? It's just trial and error man.

Well considering it worked while using my own videocard, it would be a rather specific faulty. But if the bios upgrade doesn’t work all seems like it. The board works really well with my 970. 

1 hour ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Then well, that's really weird man. At that point I would consider having your friend call up the motherboard support and talk to a technician or engineer. Because I don't understand why it throws a fit with the 1060 combined with the ASUS B350 Prime board, otherwise I dunno man. I wish you and your friend with the best of luck.

What support have you been calling where you can speak to an engineer?  

2 hours ago, Bramterlouw said:

Well considering it worked while using my own videocard, it would be a rather specific faulty. But if the bios upgrade doesn’t work all seems like it. The board works really well with my 970. 

Try the 1060 with DVI-D plug.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

So I updated the BIOS, used the DVI cable instead of the hdmi, nothing. I think the motherboard doesn’t even recognizes the card as it powers down with 1 press of a button instead of a 3-5 sec hold down with my 970. 

So I finally found the solution to this problem.

After unscrewing the entire board and putting it on cardboard out of the case, I plugged the 1060 into the second PCI slot and everything worked perfectly.

The only thing I can think of is that the first PCI slot is faulty. I still don't know why my 970 works on the first slot though. The motherboard will be sent back and hopefully all will be okay.