Intel BX80684I78700K 8th Gen Core i7-8700K Processor $329.99

Jrasero

<Redacted>

Free shipping albeit very slow USPS, showing estimated 8 business days to NY

Also when I bought it last weekend Ebay had a $10 coupon (which has expired) making my purchase $319.99

Edited by W-L
Ebay Link

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

I got freaked out by that name id thinking it is an intel engineering sample till you said it is just i7 8700k

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I got freaked out by that name id thinking it is an intel engineering sample till you said it is just i7 8700k

lol yeah just the manufacture product code 

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

Ebay links aernt allowed, even though this is being fufilled by monoprice

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

Which do you follow, the letters or the purpose of the law?

I'm conflicted myself. It's fulfilled by monoprice, so it's not a scam (or at least very unlikely)and it's hard to be steadfast "letter of law" or "intent of law" because laws written with a purpose could be outdated, and laws written specifically could also be mis interpreted. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I'm conflicted myself. It's fulfilled by monoprice, so it's not a scam (or at least very unlikely)and it's hard to be steadfast "letter of law" or "intent of law" because laws written with a purpose could be outdated, and laws written specifically could also be mis interpreted. 

highly doubt it is a scam, when I called Monoprice directly they found my order in their system via my last name.  Also bunch of people on Reddit have purchased and received the same item through Monoprices Ebay account.  

Just let it slide, give someone the joy of a new CPU

1 minute ago, Jrasero said:

highly doubt it is a scam, when I called Monoprice directly they found my order in their system via my last name.  Also bunch of people on Reddit have purchased and received the same item through Monoprices Ebay account.  

Just let it slide, give someone the joy of a new CPU

Id' personally let it slide but it's not my call

Ebay Links in general are not allowed in the Hot deals sections due to the inability to verify all sellers or potential fake sellers online. 

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/81169-posting-guidelines-read-before-posting/

• NO links to Ebay or other second hand and/or auction sites (even ones run by possible "recognized" brands)

-Locked- 

4 hours ago, W-L said:

Ebay Links in general are not allowed in the Hot deals sections due to the inability to verify all sellers or potential fake sellers online. 

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/81169-posting-guidelines-read-before-posting/

-Locked- 

5 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I have long since quarreled with the ebay linking rules. Sometimes in the "storage and NAS" subforum when somebody is putting together a NAS box on the cheap and they inevitably need to buy used, I usually hide ebay links by doing this

But I do agree with the mods on one point. Don't promote a deal on ebay since it could be a scam and there are limited quantities available. But the mods seem to turn a blind eye to one-off links intended for a single person doing a single thing. 

That, or i'm just really good at hiding them and they actually don't see them. 

This post is kind of a weird grey area though. In the letter of the law per say, this is not allowed. But in the spirit of the law, this should be allowed since we know this obviously isn't a scam. Which do you follow, the letters or the purpose of the law?

To elaborate, we don't allow them here in hot deals as where do we draw the line on reputable brand? We turn a blind eye though in things like the parts specific subforums.