In the market for a new monitor need help deciding.

Brandick

I have a 980ti and I want to upgrade my monitor I have a $500 budget and I want an ips, 100hz/144hz or higher, 1440p, 27in,16/9 display what are some good options I should consider. I play Overwatch and cs-go and watch a lot of content on YouTube and other streaming platforms so picture quality and colors are important to me I was looking at the edg27s from Nixeus but was wondering what other options I have to consider thanks in advance. 

ok how about asus ROG Swift PG279Q how does the aoc compare

5 minutes ago, Brandick said:

ok how about asus ROG Swift PG279Q how does the aoc compare

Asus has hopefully and ideally better customer service, qc, build quality, and osd so basically a better brand. Same panel I think. Oh, and it costs significantly more.

There's an Asus and also an Acer monitor that share the same panel as the aoc.

Actually from my experience aoc quality control is better than asus, at least as for the backlight bleeding. Also the reviews on some eshop in my country  seem to agree with my experience.

Anyway with ips you need to be lucky and get a monitor with no backlight bleeding.

Usually the aoc is the the cheaper, followed by Acer and then Asus.

I have a ag271qg and it's pretty good, but there some backlight bleeding noticeable on black screens, which is really annoying on this price range monitors. The other complain is about the osd that is not the better one, but for what I saved compared to the other two alternative I can go past this aspect

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time