Logitech G600 Concerns

Go to solution Solved by Hiya!,
22 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Ah so that's the method to their madness, thinner is better with cloth so it tracks past the pad & onto the desk. In that case if I do have any issues I could probably get better results with a thin piece of cardboard. My current pad is a little under ½ a centimeter thick so I'm guessing 4mm. Do you think any future Optical mouse I own would have trouble with the G440 hard mat? If so then I'd get the G240 like you for a more well rounded solution.

U see what matter is the surface, u can get a hardpad mousepad with a cloth surface and a hardpad with glossy surface. If the cloth surface is too thick then laser sensor will have trouble tracking on it. Find the thinnest one as possible because laser sensor will track pass that and onto the hardpad below the surface.

The purpose of the cloth on the surface is allowing the user to have more control.

I dont think it will since afaik G440 use cloth on the surface, And optical only track the surface.

I'd say just buy em both since mousepad is relatively cheap and will last for a long time.

While cleaning the grooves on my Corsair Katar's scroll wheel using my thumb nail & some 50% Isopropyl Alcohol paper towel. I accidentally pressed too hard & snapped the scroll wheel's shaft off right at where it connects to the scrolling mechanism. I know if it had been on the right side where it hits the button to middle click it could've been fixed with a nail. It's thrown away now though as it was designed in such a way I couldn't attempt such a fix & have a nail stay put. So I just ordered a Logitech G600 because it was on sale for $48 & the design of Corsair's mice's scroll click is turning me off of them now. Unfortunately I'm worried that my new mouse's laser censor won't track well on my small, multi-colored, free mouse pad. For now I'm using my old G100s who's left click takes a lot of force to even register >:(.

1: Should I try to get one from Logitech that's intended for the G600 such as the G240?

2: Do y'all have a better recommendation for around $20 that'll perform better with it's laser censor?

3: Will a RuneScape noob like me even notice a difference coming from the mouse I had & current pad?

Mouse Pad.jpg

*EDIT: No I'm not trying to endorse greenhouse fabrics lol I should've taken the pic of it upside down.

Edited by Mike Soda
clarification

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

If u are using laser sensor get a hardpad not cloth..

Laser sensor will strugle tracking on cloth.

G600 is an ancient mouse it uses AVAGO ADNS-9800 which is the best laser sensor but still inferior than even entry level optical such as PMW3330. (but they can track on any surface)

No matter whichpad u are buying as long its still cloth then laser sensor will struggle.

It will get really jitter especially with a very slow movement and it wont be precise (precision is different than accuration)

Its a mistake getting the G600 in the first place unless there is something that u want from the mouse.

For $48 u can get like Zowie ECB series,Logitech G402/G502,Logitech G102/203,Rival 300,Rival 110 or Deathadder elite which has much better sensor.

I made a whole mouse guide, Click the signature on my sig

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

7 hours ago, Hiya! said:

If u are using laser sensor get a hardpad not cloth..

Laser sensor will strugle tracking on cloth.

G600 is an ancient mouse it uses AVAGO ADNS-9800 which is the best laser sensor but still inferior than even entry level optical such as PMW3330. (but they can track on any surface)

No matter whichpad u are buying as long its still cloth then laser sensor will struggle.

It will get really jitter especially with a very slow movement and it wont be precise (precision is different than accuration)

Its a mistake getting the G600 in the first place unless there is something that u want from the mouse.

For $48 u can get like Zowie ECB series,Logitech G402/G502,Logitech G102/203,Rival 300,Rival 110 or Deathadder elite which has much better sensor.

I made a whole mouse guide, Click the signature on my sig

It's just one horrible thing right after the other, the payment is already charged so it's too late to return it now. Yeah I saw your guide after I ordered the mouse, thought it was fine to buy because every Newegg & YouTube review I saw were mostly good. If it tracked so badly on cloth or in general I wouldn't think it'd have a 4 star rating. But because I saw your guide is why I made this post which has just lead to even more bad news. I needed an MMO mouse & for the price & Corsairs faulty design it's all I could afford. Now I don't know what to do, I can't afford a new mouse mat this very second if the G600 is gonna be completely unusable from what you're saying.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

4 hours ago, Mike Soda said:

It's just one horrible thing right after the other, the payment is already charged so it's too late to return it now. Yeah I saw your guide after I ordered the mouse, thought it was fine to buy because every Newegg & YouTube review I saw were mostly good. If it tracked so badly on cloth or in general I wouldn't think it'd have a 4 star rating. But because I saw your guide is why I made this post which has just lead to even more bad news. I needed an MMO mouse & for the price & Corsairs faulty design it's all I could afford. Now I don't know what to do, I can't afford a new mouse mat this very second if the G600 is gonna be completely unusable from what you're saying.

For now dont use mousepad they track better on hard surfaces

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

For now dont use mousepad they track better on hard surfaces

Alright I'll try it both ways when it gets here, kinda odd though Logitech markets both the G440 & G240 at their Optical & Laser mice. I might ask them about that when I'm also requesting information on how to clean the mouse without accelerating the hydrophobic coating from wearing off.

*EDIT: The lowest & highest DPI settings I usually use on mice are 300 (for image editing) & 1300 for everything else with enhance mouse accuracy on & Windows sensitivity set right in the middle. I don't do any FPS games, just MMOS so I'm really hoping I won't notice any hinderence regardless of where I use the mouse.

4 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

I might ask them about that when I'm also requesting information on how to clean the mouse without accelerating the hydrophobic coating from wearing off.

Use water and soap.

4 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

The lowest & highest DPI settings I usually use on mice are 300 (for image editing) & 1300 for everything else with enhance mouse accuracy on & Windows sensitivity set right in the middle. I don't do any FPS games, just MMOS so I'm really hoping I won't notice any hinderence regardless of where I use the mouse.

Dont enable enhance mouse accuracy (acceleration) or ur mouse wont be precise but if u are one of those individual who like to use it then its fine. and always set the windwos sensitivity at it's default settings.

Only mess with the mouse DPi.

Next time u want MMO mice get the corsair scimitar,roccat nyth or roccat tyon.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

25 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Use water and soap.

Dont enable enhance mouse accuracy (acceleration) or ur mouse wont be precise but if u are one of those individual who like to use it then its fine. and always set the windwos sensitivity at it's default settings.

Only mess with the mouse DPi.

Next time u want MMO mice get the corsair scimitar,roccat nyth or roccat tyon.

When I have enhance mouse accuracy off it always overshoots everything I point it at & I can't control the cursor. I was considering the Nyth or Scimitar also but they cost a lot more & out of all the video reviews I watched, more preferred the G600 due to it's overall & side button shape. No one ever mentioned the hard mouse pad thing either, it's all so confusing but ultimately I won't know how it'll work for me until I've got it. Worst case scenario I'll have to return it for another mouse of the same price with less buttons. I like how steel series has a higher click rating than any other mouse but then I'd only have forward & back buttons when truthfully I could make use of a lot more.

1 hour ago, Mike Soda said:

When I have enhance mouse accuracy off it always overshoots everything I point it at & I can't control the cursor. I was considering the Nyth or Scimitar also but they cost a lot more & out of all the video reviews I watched, more preferred the G600 due to it's overall & side button shape. No one ever mentioned the hard mouse pad thing either, it's all so confusing but ultimately I won't know how it'll work for me until I've got it. Worst case scenario I'll have to return it for another mouse of the same price with less buttons. I like how steel series has a higher click rating than any other mouse but then I'd only have forward & back buttons when truthfully I could make use of a lot more.

Maybe because u are using laser mouse on a hardpad.

U see laser track deeper and on a hardpad it will reveal all the details hence gives the sensor unnecessary information which lead to tracking issues.

Nah Scimitar and nyth is a great mmo mice. its big and comfortable.

If u want steelseries take a look at the Rival 500 it has 6 side button..also dont bother with the button lifespan.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

Maybe because u are using laser mouse on a hardpad.

U see laser track deeper and on a hardpad it will reveal all the details hence gives the sensor unnecessary information which lead to tracking issues.

Nah Scimitar and nyth is a great mmo mice. its big and comfortable.

If u want steelseries take a look at the Rival 500 it has 6 side button..also dont bother with the button lifespan.

The video reviewers of the G600 I watched weren't using a hard pad & I never have either. Although I've never owned a laser mouse, just optical ones. I'll keep browsing mice anyway though just incase. Right now I'm gonna try to find the differences between Rival 300 & 110. The 110 is cheaper & comes with a free mouse pad but it's basically the same size of the one I already have. I know it'd be a lot of work but you should include in your guide a list of mice in different price brackets, their censors, switches & other things so people can compare since a lot of companies like Logitech don't actually list what's exactly in all their mice.

3 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

The video reviewers of the G600 I watched weren't using a hard pad & I never have either. Although I've never owned a laser mouse, just optical ones. I'll keep browsing mice anyway though just incase. Right now I'm gonna try to find the differences between Rival 300 & 110. The 110 is cheaper & comes with a free mouse pad but it's basically the same size of the one I already have. I know it'd be a lot of work but you should include in your guide a list of mice in different price brackets, their censors, switches & other things so people can compare since a lot of companies like Logitech don't actually list what's exactly in all their mice.

I did listed them i even add my personal opinion just not the price because its always changing and its vary in each country.
And i didn't add the switch lifespan because no one lives to acually test that on top of that u can receive a faulty product cause a lot of people seems complained about their mouse buttons are wearing out too fast even though it stated that it has 30M Clicks. so yeah nope.

Example:

Razer lancehead TE

Sensor  : PMW3389

Button   : 2 Side button on each side and 2 Dpi shift

Weight  : 105Grams

Design  : Ambidextrous

Cable   : Braided

Games : FPS

Rival 300 is a big mouse not too big though, more like for medium-large hand mouse. it equip with 3310 sensor which is not a huge problem for you MMO Gamer.

110 is a small ambidextrous design mouse and equip with Truemove 1 optical sensor which is a great sensor even better than PMW3310.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

40 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

I did listed them i even add my personal opinion just not the price because its always changing and its vary in each country.
And i didn't add the switch lifespan because no one lives to acually test that on top of that u can receive a faulty product cause a lot of people seems complained about their mouse buttons are wearing out too fast even though it stated that it has 30M Clicks. so yeah nope.

Example:

Razer lancehead TE

Sensor  : PMW3389

Button   : 2 Side button on each side and 2 Dpi shift

Weight  : 105Grams

Design  : Ambidextrous

Cable   : Braided

Games : FPS

Rival 300 is a big mouse not too big though, more like for medium-large hand mouse. it equip with 3310 sensor which is not a huge problem for you MMO Gamer.

110 is a small ambidextrous design mouse and equip with Truemove 1 optical sensor which is a great sensor even better than PMW3310.

Ohh I didn't realize there were that many hidden comment expansion things even within each other :o, I'm sorry my bad. I have kind of a hybrid claw/palm grip & really do need more buttons than the standard, although none of my past mice even had a forward & back. I prefer the side button design of the Steel Series Rival 500, their rational for why seems legit too. It looks like the company is neglectful on drivers though, a lot of newegg complaints about that. I'll definitely give your guide a thorough read through all sections. One comforting quote you listed though is gonna help me not worry about my new mouse possibly not working right before I even have it. If the difference is really that small I probably or at least hopefully won't notice it, I don't play competitively tournament wise.

On 1/16/2018 at 5:57 PM, Hiya! said:

According to Morier, laser-illuminated sensors have a 5-6 percent variation in tracking at different speeds. For the best optical sensors, that number is below 1 percent.

49 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

. I'll definitely give your guide a thorough read through all sections. One comforting quote you listed though is gonna help me not worry about my new mouse possibly not working right before I even have it. If the difference is really that small I probably or at least hopefully won't notice it, I don't play competitively tournament wise.

He meant to say on a hardpad.

And remember its just a speculation not the exact number.

And even though its just 5-6% its more than enough to annoy competitive player but for MOBA/MMO or RTS sensor is not a big deal for them.

What matter is the button,size,comfort and shape.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

14 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

He meant to say on a hardpad.

And remember its just a speculation not the exact number.

And even though its just 5-6% its more than enough to annoy competitive player but for MOBA/MMO or RTS sensor is not a big deal for them.

What matter is the button,size,comfort and shape.

Ah okay & also, I really need to thank you for one thing in particular, your hand size guide. Now I finally know mine are considered large :D (7.5 inches long)! I had asked & researched that online before in the past but could never find anything. So too big of a mouse will probably never be a problem & since I was able to use a Katar for over a year, too small doesn't exist for me either. Once the G600 get's here (probably tomorrow night), I'll report back that day, then a week & lastly a month later on how it's performed on my cheap cloth mouse pad. When I am able to get a new Cloth or Hard mouse mat by Logitech I'll then compare that to what I've got & note the difference I feel. My only concerns with the hard kind are: lack of control, noise & my finger nails scratching on it. Although that would be a problem with their cloth one too because it's really thin, which makes me wonder if a really thick cloth pad would help with a laser mouse.

5 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Ah okay & also, I really need to thank you for one thing in particular, your hand size guide. Now I finally know mine are considered large :D (7.5 inches long)! I had asked & researched that online before in the past but could never find anything. So too big of a mouse will probably never be a problem & since I was able to use a Katar for over a year, too small doesn't exist for me either. Once the G600 get's here (probably tomorrow night), I'll report back that day, then a week & lastly a month later on how it's performed on my cheap cloth mouse pad. When I am able to get a new Cloth or Hard mouse mat by Logitech I'll then compare that to what I've got & note the difference I feel. My only concerns with the hard kind are: lack of control, noise & my finger nails scratching on it. Although that would be a problem with their cloth one too because it's really thin, which makes me wonder if a really thick cloth pad would help with a laser mouse.

Your welcome ^_^

Well the thicker the material the deeper the laser will track and lead to inconsistent tracking issues.

I use G240 Mousepad even though its thin i must admit its very well made although the lack of bordered side made the edges of the mousepad peels easily, But overall its a good mousepad and its cheap.

I am looking forward on your review on the G600.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Your welcome ^_^

Well the thicker the material the deeper the laser will track and lead to inconsistent tracking issues.

I use G240 Mousepad even though its thin i must admit its very well made although the lack of bordered side made the edges of the mousepad peels easily, But overall its a good mousepad and its cheap.

I am looking forward on your review on the G600.

Ah so that's the method to their madness, thinner is better with cloth so it tracks past the pad & onto the desk. In that case if I do have any issues I could probably get better results with a thin piece of cardboard. My current pad is a little under ½ a centimeter thick so I'm guessing 4mm. Do you think any future Optical mouse I own would have trouble with the G440 hard mat? If so then I'd get the G240 like you for a more well rounded solution.

22 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

U see what matter is the surface, u can get a hardpad mousepad with a cloth surface and a hardpad with glossy surface. If the cloth surface is too thick then laser sensor will have trouble tracking on it. Find the thinnest one as possible because laser sensor will track pass that and onto the hardpad below the surface.

The purpose of the cloth on the surface is allowing the user to have more control.

I dont think it will since afaik G440 use cloth on the surface, And optical only track the surface.

I'd say just buy em both since mousepad is relatively cheap and will last for a long time.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Oh I see, the cloth on the top of mine is paper thin because I've had it for so long it's worn out lol. I've decided that if the mouse works fine I'll keep it & upgrade to a G240 in about a month when I have the money. If there are noticeable tracking issues though & the layout is too difficult to learn then I'll just return it for an Optical mouse because I prefer thicker cloth mouse pads anyway. I'm really hoping it's tolerable though because there ain't many choices with enough buttons in my current price range. Of course I don't absolutely need 12 side buttons, even 2 would be an upgrade over what I have & such a mouse could just become a backup one if in the future I could afford something even better. I can't thank you enough for all the advice though, I'll sleep better knowing what I do now.

P.S: I stumbled upon the Corsair MM600, a solid mat with low & high friction sides which would suit me perfectly if it wasn't too big & high priced.