Cannot remove default Intel bracket from H100i v2 pump.

Hey guys,

My problem is pretty simple - I'm trying to help a friend install his Corsair H100i v2 onto his am4 system, and the default Intel bracket isn't coming off. We have the required AM4 bracket, but we can't even get it on right now. We're twisting to the left (counter-clockwise), as I've read that the instructions are incorrect. However, we've tried clockwise too, with no success. What are we doing wrong?

On 2/9/2018 at 10:01 PM, r3robbie said:

Hey guys,

My problem is pretty simple - I'm trying to help a friend install his Corsair H100i v2 onto his am4 system, and the default Intel bracket isn't coming off. We have the required AM4 bracket, but we can't even get it on right now. We're twisting to the left (counter-clockwise), as I've read that the instructions are incorrect. However, we've tried clockwise too, with no success. What are we doing wrong?

You need to push back to disengage the tabs that hold it in place and then turn the bracket to let it come off. 

http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/blog/2017/april/am4bracketinstallation

push harder. mine was a bitch to get off as well.

Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI | Ryzen 1600X | Corsair H100i v2

16GB DDR4 Corsair LED RAM |Gigabyte 1060 G1 Gaming 6G

Samsung 960EVO NVMe 250GB | WD Black 1TB 7200RPM
Corsair Obsidian 250D | Corsair K70 RGB Silent | Corsair M65 Pro RGB | LG 29UM60-P