No Temp Monitoring In Task Manager?

Just curious, but why hasn't Microsoft added a temp monitoring feature in task manager. It would be convenient don't you think?

A lot of people have said that task manager is actually pretty inaccurate when it comes to measuring anything. If you want to monitor temperatures, you're better off downloading something like Speccy, CPU-Z, GPU-Z, and so on. These programs usually report the temperatures better, and report loads much better than task manager can.

Edited by Hiitchy
Italicized "Usually" because I've used programs that reported 105 degrees on CPU.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

The task manager cant even manage to report the load or actual cpu speed properly, can you imagine temperatures

Most people wouldn't care I guess. Or many people would post things like "is XX°C tempature normal?" on Microsoft forums and answer to those posts would be a lot of work

Just now, Generallee said:

The task manager cant even manage to report the load or actual cpu speed properly, can you imagine temperatures

Core 0-3: 35 degrees celsius.

Core 4-6: 65 degrees celsius.

Core 7: Not Found.

I'd imagine it being something like this. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

If Task Manager tried to do temperatures, people would be under the impression that 130,549 degrees C is OK.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Yeah they can't even get clockspeed for the CPU right, I highly doubt they can detect temperatures correctly xD

That said, in my opinion it would be a welcome addition.  They already added some very useful GPU monitoring tools in the last update that frankly can do more than anything else I've found, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they will continue that trend.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Actually, Microsoft implement the standard ways to get CPU information. Sadly, due to having no standard, some setup can lead to incorrect information being displayed.

The other software you use does a lot of stuff behind, and works with a lot of insider information from motherboard manufacture, CPU hacking, and so on (same for GPU temps, fan speed and so on) to make it display more accurate information.. but even those aren't actually 100% accurate all the time either. Heck, I even had Intel very own CPU frequency clock rate showing more positive results (higher clock rates) than any software I through at it on my Surface Pro 3. Which one is correct? Intel tool or Aida64 or HWMonitor or CPU-Z?

Now that Windows supports and displays that information, newer hardware should return accurate readings, with the assumption that they implement things in such a way that would allow the Task Manager to display the correct information.

5 hours ago, Nate Tsirlemes said:

Just curious, but why hasn't Microsoft added a temp monitoring feature in task manager. It would be convenient don't you think?

Task manager is for TASKS (running programs) as the name suggests. Not temperature and fan speeds.

What you suggest should be, at maximum under the sadly ignored, Resource Monitor introduced back in WIn7 days.