Microsoft ripped me off

Studmuffin1134

I got hit with the fail hammer due to the fact that microsoft killed of groove and moved over to spotify which is inferior to what they had going feature wise and then when i went to get a refund they said no get a spotify subscription which basicly took the music i paid for put it behind a montly paywall and then not let me get my money back pretty slick guys 

Didn't they have music download available until the Dec. 30th cut-off?

They sent messages out a while ago telling you to download your collection to OneDrive (If it wasn't already, mine was) or elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

every day vinyl records are looking better and better

Why are those coming back?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

i know but they should have kept it up for people that actually spent money on their service or offered refunds since it was them that shut it down 

3 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Why are those coming back?

Yeah it's weird huh? It's mostly the younger generation keeping records alive. 

here we have someone who has lost their digital library only a few years maybe after buying it. yet a vinyl record copy of a song can be upwards of 50-60 years old and still be played which is the definitive version of "owning a copy". 

Just now, emosun said:

here we have someone who has lost their digital library only a few years maybe after buying it. yet a vinyl record copy of a song can be upwards of 50-60 years old and still be played which is the definitive version of "owning a copy". 

Sure it's a nice thing to have but, I personally always hated discs because, if it gets damaged then they become unusable.

I like having everything saved down in multiple places just in case.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

4 minutes ago, Studmuffin1134 said:

i know but they should have kept it up for people that actually spent money on their service or offered refunds since it was them that shut it down 

I don't get it... They sent out lots of notices from October to the end of December (and every time you opened groove) that the service was shutting down. They then gave options to retrieve your music. How exactly have they ripped you off if you ignored the notice? I think I'm missing something here.

yeah that is why i bought from them becuse i could download it with no problem well i guess that changed might as well do my bussiness with apple

its all about the idea that they did not allow you to download the music you purchased through spotify for free 

1 minute ago, Cyberspirit said:

if it gets damaged then they become unusable.

yeah and if microsoft deletes the service then they become VERY unusable. lol

but yea all my music is just mp3 files on a hard drive I don't do records , but i understand their appeal and they keep looking better and better all the time.

but i'd say just regular mp3s saved on a hard drive are pretty much the best option.

4 minutes ago, Studmuffin1134 said:

its all about the idea that they did not allow you to download the music you purchased through spotify for free 

Spotify is streaming service. You were supposed to download through Groove before the cut-off.

Also, please use the quote function.

quote.PNG.3131bf494c233b9e9751b3729e9830b2.PNG

3 minutes ago, Studmuffin1134 said:

You can't properly download Spotify tracks since they're encrypted. Well you can sync them to play them offline but you can't use your own player.

Gotta love DRM + propriety software.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The Groove Music Pass streaming service was discontinued on January 1, 2018. The built-in Groove Music app will continue to play all the music you’ve purchased and downloaded or uploaded to OneDrive, but will no longer stream or play any Groove Music Pass content.  

We’ll continue to update the Groove Music app so you can play your purchased music, including the tracks you’ve uploaded to OneDrive. On December 31, 2017, the option to stream, purchase, and download music from Groove Music was discontinued. If your purchased music has been downloaded you’ll still be able to listen to it. 

You had Months to download the music to a OneDrive account and the Functions would still work on all the Songs you Purchased.

If you want to use the Streaming side Music pass That existed you just have to get another streaming service to provide this for you.

You didn't get ripped off in this case at all.  Companies close all the time its aloud. 

34 minutes ago, emosun said:

They wear out over time though, unlike a digital copy.  And sure, digital files can be lost, or damaged, but so can a record.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

They wear out over time though, unlike a digital copy.  And sure, digital files can be lost, or damaged, but so can a record.

ok neato?

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why is the side conversation the only thing that makes sense in this thread?! lol

13 minutes ago, emosun said:

ok neato?

My point is you can own digital files as well and it's no less real than owning a physical copy.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

My point is you can own digital files as well and it's no less real than owning a physical copy.

31 minutes ago, emosun said:

but yea all my music is just mp3 files on a hard drive I don't do records

ok then......

25 minutes ago, Studmuffin1134 said:

see you cannot even download them anyway

So now you want to download songs, after you did not save your library before Groove got shut down?

Furthermore, you can download the songs on all supported devices. You just have to use their player.

45 minutes ago, Studmuffin1134 said:

if the community can help we can get this post noticed 

And? If they shut it off it meant they were losing money with it (not surprising as Soundcloud, Spotify & Co. are yet to report profits). Noticed or not, they are not gonna reopen it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304