In Win 303? Corsair 460x? S340 Elite?

MeDownYou

I'm shopping for a new case, Currently I have the vanilla S340...(that has yet to have it's original side panel EVER placed on it...mainly because i think it's ugly AF even when i made my own glass one...still pass.)

So I'm looking at these three cases since I've narrowed it down ALOT

The IN Win 303 is the most peculiar one on this list as it has a top mounted PSU and some interesting fan placements. Still It feels refreshing that it would have room for an easy 360 rad on the top  with an exhaust fan and 3 intakes in the bottom, I don't mind the cable management on this case either, aside from front panel connectors (which I believe lower fans would hide or i'd get creative). This Case doesn't come with fans, but I've already ordered some Corsair fans regardless, which would just slot in here. (Also, I've definitely gotta change that logo to red hopefully software allows me to? if anyone knows lemme know!)

The Corsair 460x is the most expensive option here, and it doesn't have a complete basement, which allows for additional rad support. In fact this case would support a 240 and a 360mm rad for a loop if wanted. But with my non modular power supply I'd either have to replace it or show all my cables it would seem, adding even additional cost to this option. 

S340 Elite, basically the same case as i have with a TG panel, there are good things about the design, and bad. I work well with it, but there really is no where if i decided to do a loop in here either. A better option would be the h700I but that's 200 dollars, which is out of budget currently. 

So what do you guys think?

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

I love the CorsaIr Crystal series, so that gets my vote.

460x 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I've built in the 303, it's a good case with mediocre airflow. Squeezing 120mm fans in the bottom is doable with an ATX board but it's goddamn tight against the connectors and looks horrible. I have also squeezed a 240mm rad in the bottom for giggles and it worked but was terrible at the same time. Drive mounting is also a pain and requires flat cable connectors so if your PSU has SATA connectors with wires at 90 degrees you're SOL. That being said it's a solid case with a good overall aesthetic design and the top rad mount works quite well. Other than having the PSU interfere with a third of your rad if you use a triple.

That's my two cents for you.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

my personal opinion on the 460, but if its anything like the 570 (in which i cant see it being much different) I would stay away from it. I have the 570 and there are multiple things i dislike about it. Tempered glass on all sides is nice, but poor mounting solutions imho and the dust filters leave alot to be desired as well as the case is not truly sealed, front air flow is restricted, cable management is decent, corsair cheeped out and did not include the cover for the PSU cables. Overall i'm pleased with the case, but not happy. 

1 minute ago, ApolloX75 said:

I've built in the 303, it's a good case with mediocre airflow. Squeezing 120mm fans in the bottom is doable with an ATX board but it's goddamn tight against the connectors and looks horrible. I have also squeezed a 240mm rad in the bottom for giggles and it worked but was terrible at the same time. Drive mounting is also a pain and requires flat cable connectors so if your PSU has SATA connectors with wires at 90 degrees you're SOL. That being said it's a solid case with a good overall aesthetic design and the top rad mount works quite well. Other than having the PSU interfere with a third of your rad if you use a triple.

That's my two cents for you.

Good to know, I use exclusively M.2 right now so the drives shouldn't be an issue :)

If i were to do a loop with a 360 and 240 on the bottom do you see any issue there? (I mean realistically my CPU and GPU only dump 200W anyway, so i think i'd be able to get away with a thicker 360?)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Just now, MeDownYou said:

Good to know, I use exclusively M.2 right now so the drives shouldn't be an issue :)

If i were to do a loop with a 360 and 240 on the bottom do you see any issue there? (I mean realistically my CPU and GPU only dump 200W anyway, so i think i'd be able to get away with a thicker 360?)

I scrapped the 240 in the bottom and just did an exclusive 360 in the top. I got solid results with my 4790k (before it's premature death) with both setups but I honestly didn't see more than a 2 degree improvement when I added the second rad. Your mileage may vary, but like I said the airflow leaves something to be desired.

The way I have mine set up is pulling air in from the bottom and out through the top now which seems to work really well and keeps the dust to a minimum since there is a good filter on the bottom. Use really strong fans and you'll see good temps throughout.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

S340, did you look at the Phanteks P400 TG?

1 minute ago, ApolloX75 said:

I scrapped the 240 in the bottom and just did an exclusive 360 in the top. I got solid results with my 4790k (before it's premature death) with both setups but I honestly didn't see more than a 2 degree improvement when I added the second rad. Your mileage may vary, but like I said the airflow leaves something to be desired.

The way I have mine set up is pulling air in from the bottom and out through the top now which seems to work really well and keeps the dust to a minimum since there is a good filter on the bottom. Use really strong fans and you'll see good temps throughout.

I was thinking maybe 3 AF 120's on the bottom intaking and 1 AF120 exhausting to get everything going at first,

then when i add in the loop swap the AF120 from exhausting to intake, and do a triple rad of SP120's pushing through the rad into the PSU area

What did you have on your exclusive 360 loop 4790k and what gpu?

The Vinyl Decal guy.

2 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

I was thinking maybe 3 AF 120's on the bottom intaking and 1 AF120 exhausting to get everything going at first,

then when i add in the loop swap the AF120 from exhausting to intake, and do a triple rad of SP120's pushing through the rad into the PSU area

What did you have on your exclusive 360 loop 4790k and what gpu?

I had my 970 on it for a while at first but then I exclusively cooled my 4790k when I switched to my 1080. I thought I had a picture or three but I can't find them. I'll take a shot or two of the setup and post them for you in a bit.

As another owner of the 303, this is a case you buy for looks not airflow performance. I'm using 3 exhaust fans on top, Noctua D12 or 14 on CPU I think, with a Strix 1080Ti. If the GPU is working hard the hot air does noticeably increase the CPU temps.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 minutes ago, Konrad Kwasniewski said:

S340, did you look at the Phanteks P400 TG?

Yeah, I have a few problems with that case, being that there is no place for vga cables to come out of the shroud, and for the panel headers also, There really isn't a good way to hide them, some may not mind the VGA however. I dislike the drive mounting on the side and the distances associated there just don't work very well for my purposes. Plus the accent draws away pretty heavily, the top fan mounts and a rad doesn't seem like worth the hassle on the clearing tolerance there either.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

4 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

Yeah, I have a few problems with that case, being that there is no place for vga cables to come out of the shroud, and for the panel headers also, There really isn't a good way to hide them, some may not mind the VGA however. I dislike the drive mounting on the side and the distances associated there just don't work very well for my purposes. Plus the accent draws away pretty heavily, the top fan mounts and a rad doesn't seem like worth the hassle on the clearing tolerance there either.

Ok. Cool. You do you.

24 minutes ago, porina said:

As another owner of the 303, this is a case you buy for looks not airflow performance. I'm using 3 exhaust fans on top, Noctua D12 or 14 on CPU I think, with a Strix 1080Ti. If the GPU is working hard the hot air does noticeably increase the CPU temps.

Ahh, yeah Hopefully I can keep things cool until i get that loop installed it, that seems to be the real struggle for this case, wonder if modifying the feet on the bottom to be a little taller would change this?

Oh, one very minor thing, is the illuminated logo, is that changeable?

I see a few pictures of different colored ones like this 

8d94aaf887bb.jpg

The Vinyl Decal guy.

have never built in the inwin 303, but i have a x99 systeim in a 101 with full atx mobo and 2 x1070 that i use nzxt g10 brackets on.

So i have a total of 4x120 fans only.

The temp isnt the best but it isnt that bad either, jsut make sure the fans you buy are the cheapo ones from china. 

But i would perosnally gone for the Corsair case :)

Main Rig:

CPU: Intel i7 6800k @ 4.2- 4.3 ghz 1.390V CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT Motherboard:  Asus x99-E LGA 2011-3 RAM: 32GB DDR4 4 x 8 GB Hyperx Fyru 2133 Mhz Storage: Intel 535 240 GB SSD, Intel 530 240 GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TG SSHD  GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC cooled by an NZXT G10 & Intel TS13X running @ 1904/2126mhz and 4475mhz Memory+Stock Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC Case: INWin GR One Power Supply: Corsair HX850i Monitor: Hitach 49" 4k lowms TV and a 24 AOC 1080p Monitor Keyboard:  Corasir Vengance K90 & Logitech G13 Speedpad Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO/G602 on an Icemat 2.0 w/glides :P Speakers: LG LAS455H(D8) Soundbar & Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Edition Headphones

NAS/CS:GO Server

CPU: AMD FX8320 Stock Cooler: Corsair H100i M otherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990 REV 2.0 RAM: 4x4 GB Corsair Vengance Storage: 2 x Kingston Hyperx 120 GB SSD & 4 X Seagate 2 TB SSHD
GPU: random nvidia 512 mb card PSU: Coolermaster B500 Case: NZXT Phantom S240 Addons: NZXT LXE Fancontrol Intel quad gigabit eterhernet card.

12 minutes ago, Mrchooow said:

have never built in the inwin 303, but i have a x99 systeim in a 101 with full atx mobo and 2 x1070 that i use nzxt g10 brackets on.

So i have a total of 4x120 fans only.

The temp isnt the best but it isnt that bad either, jsut make sure the fans you buy are the cheapo ones from china. 

But i would perosnally gone for the Corsair case :)

yeah, i just hate that power supply cover...and then i don't have a modular psu, either which sucks and i don't like RGB...I just want red, so the value of the case is reduced quite a bit for me

The Vinyl Decal guy.

1. Corsair "GoodEnoughAirFlow" Crystal 460X

2. S340 "MediocreAirFlow" Elite

3. InWin "ShittyAirflow" 303

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

51 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

yeah, i just hate that power supply cover...and then i don't have a modular psu, either which sucks

Best thing that could happen to modern cases today - a PSU cover. and even more for your non-modular PSU it's heaven at hiding all that mess

52 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

and i don't like RGB...I just want red, so the value of the case is reduced quite a bit for me

There are 2 versions of Corsair 460X - the one with RGB fans and the one without (cheaper), so you can buy the one without and save some money to put towards the fans you like.

Either way just don't buy it if you feel that 460X is not the case for you. Go with the one that makes you "feel butterflies" ;)

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Just now, r3loAded said:

Best thing that could happen to modern cases today - a PSU cover. and even more for your non-modular PSU it's heaven at hiding all that mess

There are 2 versions of Corsair 460X - the one with RGB fans and the one without (cheaper), so you can buy the one without and save some money to put towards the fans you like.

Either way just don't buy it if you feel that 460X is not the case for you. Go with the one that makes you "feel butterflies" ;)

I hate THAT specific PSU cover, for clarification and context.

They are the same case, but one comes with a single ML140 fan, and the other comes with 3x RGB fans and a hub, The main problem i have with the 460x is just that since it doesn't have a front of a shroud and the front panel is glass you can see into the shroud, so you can see your non-modular PSU cables that are stowed in there as a giant mess...which sucks.

I'm definitely leaning towards the 303 currently, but i want to make sure i can change the color of that acrylic logo first before i pull the trigger on that. I've seen several pictures of it, with different colored ones, but there isn't much direct documentation and i found they said they were going to make "options" when it was released, and in promotional material there have been like 7 colors of acrylic, so i'm not sure if they are just included at this point or if i'm going to have to make and etch my own, both doable one is easier obviously though.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

4 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

so you can see your non-modular PSU cables that are stowed in there as a giant mess...which sucks

Do you see anything here? Sorry for pic quality

$_86.jpg

$_864.jpg

2 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Do you see anything here? Sorry for pic quality

on the first picture i see a bundle of something, on the second the sheen from the panel makes it a non issue at least from what i see in that picture. I could see in videos that i watched of reviews however, which concerns me a bit.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

2 hours ago, MeDownYou said:

Oh, one very minor thing, is the illuminated logo, is that changeable?

I haven't looked at it in depth, but there isn't a way to select a colour as shipped on mine (nivida edition green). For a non-stock colour you'd have to mod it.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

I haven't looked at it in depth, but there isn't a way to select a colour as shipped on mine (nivida edition green). For a non-stock colour you'd have to mod it.

Damn i didn't see a red one available, Guess we're modding!

The Vinyl Decal guy.

2 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

Damn i didn't see a red one available, Guess we're modding!

It looks like they made an RGB version called 303C

https://www.in-win.com/en/gaming-chassis/303c/

20 minutes ago, porina said:

It looks like they made an RGB version called 303C

https://www.in-win.com/en/gaming-chassis/303c/

You are a live saver btw, I thought the C was only because of the USB type C port on it! definately will buy this version instead of the other one since they are the same price.

The Vinyl Decal guy.