How to buy windows 10

123stephen5

Hey so i just finished building my new pc and need to put windows on it. I used the media creation tool on a usb from my laptop. I haven't tried it yet but i should be able to use that to boot right? Then i would just need the product key which brings me to my next question. I haven't bought windows yet and i'm buying a legal copy so don't tell me to go buy off kinguin or something. But if i buy my copy off the miscrosoft website will they send me the code???? if not where can i legally buy it online that will send the code?

kinguin is legal tho 

The key should be locked to you Microsoft account if you buy it from Microsoft tho

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Just now, 123stephen5 said:

oh my god. Ill rephrase it, i wanna buy it from a certified microsoft distributor.

i gave you your answer also bb 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Kinguin is legal but if you want to buy your code from Microsoft I'm sure they will appreciate your business.  If I remember right, they will send you a code via email.  Be sure to print yourself a copy of that email to keep for future reference and installations.

3 minutes ago, Vernw3 said:

kinguin is legal tho 

Gray market. So no and yes. Kindguin itself is legal, but the licenses as from MSDNA subscribers or other source and your license validity might not remain, or be black listed as it is against the agreement to resale them, hence why they are cheap... high-risk, low cost (also high-rick that the key might be resold to someone else, voiding the key, and now both need to buy a new key).

You can buy Windows 10 from:

Pricing varies based on license type:

OEM (System Builder OEM):

• Lower price.
  • But, no installation and getting started free help
  • and no ability to transfer your license form one system to another. It locks itself with the motherboard.
  • No "fancy" box

Retail

• Highest price
  • But you have the nicer box, getting started basic support, and ability to transfer your license from one system to another. Please note that Windows 10 needs to be installed on 1 system ONLY. It will deactivate all past installs as it activates on the latest system.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Gray market. So no and yes. Kindguin itself is legal, but the licenses as from MSDNA subscribers or other source and your license validity might not remain, or be black listed as it is against the agreement to resale them, hence why they are cheap... high-risk, low cost (also high-rick that the key might be resold to someone else, voiding the key, and now both need to buy a new key).

lol thanks for the backup on that one and thanks for telling me the email thing

You honestly don't need the code, the only downsides to not activating is a watermark in the bottom right and certain personalizations features being "disabled" (you can get around this)

Its legal to use it unactivated

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

dont activate it and the only downside is you cant change the background but you can download some software or even some loopholes in the windows 10 that you can easily change the background with. You save a 100 bucks ;)

also if you do want to buy it then you can get it off online from a trusted microsoft dealer. I ordered a 64 bit windows 10 (just incase you didnt know you should probably get 64 bit because it supports more ram and better CPUs) from bestbuy and it came in like 3 days. It came with a disc if you didnt want to make a installation USB. But i used a usb and booted from it then went through setup, put in the activation code and after an hour, my computer was the newest badass in the house.

1 hour ago, Vernw3 said:

kinguin is legal tho 

The key should be locked to you Microsoft account if you buy it from Microsoft tho

Legal, sorta. It's a grey market resaer.

1 hour ago, Vernw3 said:

i gave you your answer also bb 

No, your answer was not as Kinguin is not a certified resaler. Keys purchased from them will not be honored by MS's EULA. When answering provide correct information please.

34 minutes ago, Elo Gaming said:

dont activate it and the only downside is you cant change the background but you can download some software or even some loopholes in the windows 10 that you can easily change the background with. You save a 100 bucks ;)

Be mindful downloading "certain programs" to remove that nasty watermark is illegal. Let's be careful which backgrounds are installed.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Legal, sorta. It's a grey market resaer.

No, your answer was not as Kinguin is not a certified resaler. Keys purchased from them will not be honored by MS's EULA. When answering provide correct information please.

Are you suggesting OP pirate? Cuz downloading "certain programs" to remove that pasty watermark is illegal.

I wasnt even talking about the watermark so READ what I said. And you can even find loopholes in Windows 10 ITSELF without any "programs" but all I told the original poster was a suggestion. It is fully up to him/her to do what he/she wants and i respect that. I did not force the original poster to use this 'illegal' way to get the background to change. I did not give them any software or instructions on how to do so either. I am just trying to help this person with getting Windows 10 so they can do what they want with it as soon as possible. I also told the poster about the LEGIT/LEGAL way to get WINDOWS 10

5 minutes ago, Elo Gaming said:

also if you do want to buy it then you can get it off online from a trusted microsoft dealer. I ordered a 64 bit windows 10 (just incase you didnt know you should probably get 64 bit because it supports more ram and better CPUs) from bestbuy and it came in like 3 days. It came with a disc if you didnt want to make a installation USB. But i used a usb and booted from it then went through setup, put in the activation code and after an hour, my computer was the newest badass in the house.

and gave them some tips on how to install.

If you buy directly from MS, you log into your MS account to do so. You use same account to login to Win10 which automatically activates PC with retail key.

If you buy it from anywhere else, they will send license to email, like said. Any keys that have >$80 price tag are legit ones. They might be OEM, but OEM that MS sells individually for new builds.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv