Kinda a shits and giggles type thing

BluJay614

OKAY! So, I can't help but to look at computer hardware and modify what I would want to do whenever I can finally get around to building my personal rig. So, this isn't exactly 100% serious, but it is very much something I would love to do.

I would plan to game, live stream, video edit, possibly try to get into a little 3D animations, voice overs and such. I'd love to start a YouTube channel and have this beast to help me have fun with it.

I want to be able to do something like this one day and, yes, I will be continuing to make little edits here and there as tech progresses and different products come out. Tech is my hobby, and my passion. Tech is my safe place, it's my love. So... please, if you are going to criticize, please be civil about it, and give honest recommendations.

Yes, I want to custom water cool, and no that is not going to change.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V77txY

1. Don't get Razer peripherals. Logitech or Corsair is better. Personally I tried ROMER-G and love them so would recommend some to sync up with G502

2. Why do you need Titan Xp or a 1000w PSU

3. I am not an audio enthusiast but people seem to say Razer makes bad quality stuff. Audio might included.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

If you're not planning to build it, here's not the place to post it

:)

20 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

1. Don't get Razer peripherals. Logitech or Corsair is better. Personally I tried ROMER-G and love them so would recommend some to sync up with G502

3. I am not an audio enthusiast but people seem to say Razer makes bad quality stuff. Audio might included.

1) I have a Razer Blackwiddow Ultimate 2016 Edition, and I love it. I've had a few chances to try Logitech keyboards with Romer-G switches in store.... I can't say I'm terribly fond of them to put it mildly. I like the tactile bump and clickyness of Razer Green and MX Blue switches.

2) Cause last I checked, the lowest cost 1080ti was retailed $50 less then a Titan Xp, and I was considering SLI+ OC. Not to mention, I tend to go a little overkill.

3) I haven't heard much about that specific sound bar, and I notice speakers aren't exactly something common to do reviews on. I have a Razer Kraken v2, and they aren't terrible. Not as much bass as I had expected, and I like completely closed back headphones better, but otherwise my only real complaint is the earcups don't fold flat, making them feel kinda bulky.

18 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

i'd say the main issue with razer's reliability is the people using their products.

Um... I mean... yeah. Cool? PSU is a little overkill... um...

I guess that if I was going to not build a computer for all the media production that I'm not doing with all the money that I don't have, I would build it with all the fastest components too.

18 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Why two ultrawides and why can't anyone spell Nvidia

Can you explain to me why not?

1 minute ago, NowThatsDamp said:

Um... I mean... yeah. Cool? PSU is a little overkill... um...

If I was going to not build a computer for all the media production that I'm not doing with all the money that I don't have, I would build it with all the fastest components too.

*sigh* the idea is one day it WILL be built, and all the media production WILL be done.

14 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

*sigh* the idea is one day it WILL be built, and all the media production WILL be done.

First off:

Ultrawides are absolute sex and I 100% support your decision. I have a cheap mainstream LG 1080p 29" UW That I bought on Ebay used for $140 and it is the singe greatest upgrade that I have ever made to my computer ever. And I love my Razer Deathadder with all of my heart and soul.

Second:

Stop dreaming and make one day today. If your profile is right, then you're almost 23 years old. You're running out of time. You don't need an $8000 computer to make videos. At the start, you wouldn't even know what to do with all that horsepower. What you need right now is skill and experience, and the best way to learn how to do something is to teach yourself, starting from the bottom and working your way up. You can't buy talent. So go build a tripod out of scrap wood from the back yard, tape your god damn cell phone to it, and start making kick ass videos. If you just worry about making better content with what you have, then you'll find the equipment upgrades and dual ultrawide battle stations come naturally when they need to come.

45 minutes ago, NowThatsDamp said:

First off:

Ultrawides are absolute sex and I 100% support your decision. I have a cheap mainstream LG 1080p 29" UW That I bought on Ebay used for $140 and it is the singe greatest upgrade that I have ever made to my computer ever. And I love my Razer Deathadder with all of my heart and soul.

Second:

Stop dreaming and make one day today. If your profile is right, then you're almost 23 years old. You're running out of time. You don't need an $8000 computer to make videos. At the start, you wouldn't even know what to do with all that horsepower. What you need right now is skill and experience, and the best way to learn how to do something is to teach yourself, starting from the bottom and working your way up. You can't buy talent. So go build a tripod out of scrap wood from the back yard, tape your god damn cell phone to it, and start making kick ass videos. If you just worry about making better content with what you have, then you'll find the equipment upgrades and dual ultrawide battle stations come naturally when they need to come.

To be honest... I can't afford anything anytime soon. I know I keep aiming really high, but it's what I crave. Right now, I'm working on getting my A+ certification before going to get Network+, Linux+ and several Windows server certifications. Once I get out, I'll have people who can help me get a job, and I know people who could help me get a job for an oil company as an network administrator. To be honest, I love being on here and I love learning more.

I understand I have a slight bias to AMD, though it only makes me more upset at them for the whole "mine with Threadripper!" thing... I guess I just feel a need to know I'm headed in the right direction. 

2 hours ago, BluJay614 said:

I'd love to start a YouTube channel

then why don't you do it? there's no excuse not to start right now. any smartphone that isn't a full-on potato can do good enough video to get started. editing software can be had for free (i use shotcut because it is free and multiplatform and all that). some cheap lights may be a good idea.

it's your ideas that matter most. the equippment comes second.