Ryzen 2 and AM4 motherboards

Go to solution Solved by Eduard the weeb,

Its Ryzen + I believe 

I think that AM4 will drop in price because more boards will be released like the Gigabyte Aorus X470 was originally meant to be a X370 but they decided to just bios update them with the new shit if I am correct.

With Ryzen 2 around the corner, I have to wonder what will happen to the prices on the AM4 motherboards... Will they stay the same, or will they rise in price because Ryzen 2 will run on the same socket?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

Until 2020, AMD will stick with AM4. So yes, Ryzen 2 should be perfectly fine with current AM4 motherboards

4 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Until 2020, AMD will stick with AM4. So yes, Ryzen 2 should be perfectly fine with current AM4 motherboards

I was asking about the AM4 motherboard prices my dude

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

What is the expected date on ryzen 2? and is this a new iteration to the current cpu line up? i read somewhere its only mobile chips and apu's that are launching?

3 minutes ago, Chris_nz said:

What is the expected date on ryzen 2? and is this a new iteration to the current cpu line up? i read somewhere its only mobile chips and apu's that are launching?

Ryzen 2 is coming in 2019, and yes, and no, not a new iteration, a new generation, like Intel with the Core series.

Just now, ZcanKal said:

Ryzen 2 is coming in 2019, and yes, and no, not a new iteration, a new generation, like Intel with the Core series.

oh 2019.. thats ages away xD i was gonna hold off buying a cpu if it was like the next month or so..

Just now, Chris_nz said:

oh 2019.. thats ages away xD i was gonna hold off buying a cpu if it was like the next month or so..

Ryzen +, the actual new generation, is planned to come out in a month's time from now, but hopefully it won't be Vega again.

10 minutes ago, xFluing said:

I was asking about the AM4 motherboard prices my dude

sigh, i'm gonna take a nap.

4 minutes ago, ZcanKal said:

Ryzen +, the actual new generation, is planned to come out in a month's time from now, but hopefully it won't be Vega again.

So the 2000 series won't be Ryzen 2?

Guys, chill. The naming is not important, the product is:

What is coming is ryzen second iteration. Its a improvement of the original architecture, much like skylake to kaby lake.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Its Ryzen + I believe 

I think that AM4 will drop in price because more boards will be released like the Gigabyte Aorus X470 was originally meant to be a X370 but they decided to just bios update them with the new shit if I am correct.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Its Ryzen + I believe 

I think that AM4 will drop because more boards will be released like the Gigabyte Aorus X470 was originally the meant to be a X370 but decided to just bios update them with the new shit if I am correct.

I didnt know you could just update the chipset with a bios update?

but you would be onto something board may have newer chipsets for the new cpu. but from what ive read they should also be supported on the current chipsets as well - with a bios update ;)

hence this may lower the prices on current boards