How long does windows take to boot up on a new system?

AtomicWaveBlast

So I just built a new office/light gaming pc and it loaded up & stuff now it’s on the windows screen (I havnt put a code or anything in yet) so how long does this take? An hour... note I’m using an older hdd prob 10yrs old refurbished 

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Gamerguy207 said:

depends on the hardware takes a bit for me with a i5 and all 

I have a pentium D 915 with a old hdd so erm 

Just now, AtomicWaveBlast said:

I have a pentium D 915 with a old hdd so erm 

well rip the hard drive would slow it down

Windows usually takes between 5 to 35sec to load (from power button to your desktop fully loaded), depending on system specs, on a properly configured system.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows usually takes between 5 to 35sec to load (from power button to your desktop fully loaded), depending on system specs, on a properly configured system.

I just started up windows, also I keep setting up windows and it loads and loads and brings me back to the setup where I put language english etc

23 minutes ago, AtomicWaveBlast said:

I just started up windows, also I keep setting up windows and it loads and loads and brings me back to the setup where I put language english etc

Well first of all, remove the setup disk or USB flash drive. Install your chipset drivers and SATA controller drivers if they are missing.

If that doesn't help, then replace the HDD with something newer than 10 years old, where clearly it is either filled with bad sectors or can't spon up to the right speed to read the data out of. Let's start with that.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Well first of all, remove the setup disk or USB flash drive. Install your chipset drivers and SATA controller drivers if they are missing.

If that doesn't help, then replace the HDD with something newer than 10 years old, where clearly it is either filled with bad sectors or can't spon up to the right speed to read the data out of. Let's start with that.

I have no newer hdd and I put the hdd in my main rig and it works fine, also how would I instll drivers without windows

8 hours ago, AtomicWaveBlast said:

I have no newer hdd and I put the hdd in my main rig and it works fine, also how would I instll drivers without windows

I am so confused.

• Is Windows 10 installed or not?
  • How are you installing Windows 10?

9 hours ago, AtomicWaveBlast said:

you need to during install of windoows hit f key that allows third party drivers be installed

remove install cd and insert driver cd's and run installers

re insert win disc and continue windows installer

30 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

you need to during install of windoows hit f key that allows third party drivers be installed

remove install cd and insert driver cd's and run installers

re insert win disc and continue windows installer

He is not installing Windows XP or older version of Windows. There is no F key to press.

He will have the option on the drive/partition select screen "Load Driver"