Case fans going too fast

I LOVE YOU LINUS

Recently my computer's silent wings 2 case fans have been running at 80% all the time.  I checked my computer's bios and it still said it was running the silent config.  Task manager says my CPU is going at 6-10% so it cant be putting off any heat.  Any way to fix this?

I7-7700k cpu/16gb 2400mhz/ H7 air cooler/Asus prime Z270-P/240gb ssd/2 tb hdd/zotac 1080 amp! edition/corsair spec-02/Evga supernova g2 650W/Acer GN246HL/

I just used this software and when i set my speed lower (20-10%) it still has my case fans at ~1500 rpm. Wut is going on?

I7-7700k cpu/16gb 2400mhz/ H7 air cooler/Asus prime Z270-P/240gb ssd/2 tb hdd/zotac 1080 amp! edition/corsair spec-02/Evga supernova g2 650W/Acer GN246HL/

What header are you powering the fans off of?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

the four pin thing, not molex, sorry i didn't respond earlier

49 minutes ago, I LOVE YOU LINUS said:

the four pin thing, not molex, sorry i didn't respond earlier

You're referring to a standard fan header but I meant the specific header. Is it a header on the motherboard? If so, what motherboard and which header? They're labelled. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have the asus prime-p motherboard and i have a fan spliter plugged into the cha fan 1

1 hour ago, I LOVE YOU LINUS said:

I have the asus prime-p motherboard and i have a fan spliter plugged into the cha fan 1

Are you using the 3pin or 4pin SW2? Have you tried configuring any custom fan settings in the bios instead of SpeedFan?

You need to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you using the 3pin or 4pin SW2? Have you tried configuring any custom fan settings in the bios instead of SpeedFan?

it is 4 pin and i have tried to use bios and nothing changed

3 minutes ago, I LOVE YOU LINUS said:

it is 4 pin and i have tried to use bios and nothing changed

What settings have you tried? Did you set the header to pwm mode and set a custom fan curve? Is the fan set to react to case temps or cpu temps?

What are your specs and temps?

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What settings have you tried? Did you set the header to pwm mode and set a custom fan curve? Is the fan set to react to case temps or cpu temps?

i have not tried custom but i have done silent and normal and nothing changed, still at ~80%

1 minute ago, I LOVE YOU LINUS said:

i have not tried custom but i have done silent and normal and nothing changed, still at ~80%

What are you using to read the rpm?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

What are you using to read the rpm?

i have a 7700k and an cryorg H7 and 3 silent wings 2's. temps are: CPU at 34, the system sensor seems to be broken at 119 (it stays that way forever and never goes down) BUT i have my fans set for my CPU temp so that should be unnecessary.  I am using both bios and the speed fan software to get my rpm.  Btw my fans can go faster but they dont so they are not connected to my system temp

1 minute ago, I LOVE YOU LINUS said:

i have a 7700k and an cryorg H7 and 3 silent wings 2's. temps are: CPU at 34, the system sensor seems to be broken at 119 (it stays that way forever and never goes down) BUT i have my fans set for my CPU temp so that should be unnecessary.  I am using both bios and the speed fan software to get my rpm.  Btw my fans can go faster but they dont so they are not connected to my system temp

Try setting a custom fan curve in the motherboard settings instead and not use SpeedFan. 

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Try setting a custom fan curve in the motherboard settings instead and not use SpeedFan. 

I will have to try this later, i have to leave for now, sorry