New Lenovo laptop + Dolby + Realtek = Crap audio

Here's the deal folks,

A couple of months ago i bought myself a new laptop to replace my God awful Slow PC (athlon 2 x2 270, hd 6570 4gb ram)

After i have installed windows 10 on the laptop i tried to do what i always do when i reinstall windows, and that is to go into realtek hd audio manager ( when i install it or when windows 10 automatically installs it )

and i go to effects tab and set equalizer settings to powerfull the way i like it and so do my headphones Fostex THD-5B 50$ pair of headphones like.

But GUESS WHAT in realtek hd audio manager i DON'T HAVE EFFECTS TAB  FFFFFFFF , i guess its because Lenovo installs some Dolby DAX2 propriatery shii  which disables some of realtek settings.

I have tried everything from reinstalling drivers from Lenovo directly and from Realtek site directly, The only way i could get some Effects settings is if i roll back drivers to Windows default ones and only then i can get some of the effects but not the ones i want.

The only thing i can do is to download 3rd party program like apo equalizer which OF COURSE DOES NOT HAVE Powerful EQ setting and i still get CRAP audio.

So i am asking if you people know a solution to this problem  or if people are willing to post me pictures of their Realtek equalizer settings set to powerful so i could try to mimic *transfer them to equalizer Apo because i dont have any other equalizer available to me D:

Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 320 15ISK HX80

by the way Lenovo , F  U

why dont you use the dolby audio program instead?

my Lenovo has Dolby Atmos audio and it's leagues ahead of the all realtek audio i've used

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Because i dont have dolby atmos installed , the only thing i can do is to turn dolby on or off and if i install Lenovo Vantage app from windows store i can choose between presets like music gaming and some other bullshit that gives 0 quality improvements, cans still produce muddy canned sound

I have the same problem BTW. The only option you can do now is turn off dolby audio. Maybe the audio driver file has problem or Windows OS messed up the audio driver.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

• 1 year later...

Thanks to the original post on this topic, i have an ION USB Record deck and it use to record perfect when using windows 7 but i bought a new Lenova Yoga 530 and i use Audacity and my old lappy recorded perfect but now with the Lenova Yoga the sound just ain't right?, too much bass, or tinny, even when i play old recordings it still sounds crappy, the crappy sound would probably not get noticed by some people but it lacks clarity and the sound quality is not in your face bad but it does not sound right, i wish i had bought a cheaper laptop with Normal windows software and yes it has windows 10 but it uses RYZEN 5 and RADEON Graphics ect, does the Lenova have a Graphic Equalizer in the system?, if so how do i find it or sort the sound issues?, any tips would help ,, Thanks