Recommended printer below $89 USD? (Excluding tuner/ink)

So it seems like my old printer (HP Deskjet 3522) has finally kicked the bucket. I know what is likely the problem, but I have no desire to fix it as a) it has been having too many issues (Worked on 7, but terribly driver support on 10 where it doesn't even print :( I use a linux distro to even get it to work, but it has to be set to black only gray-scale to even get non-faded text. Let's not mention the 50/50 chance that text will be formatted differently during consecutive prints (Same doc and printer settings mind you)), and b) it has to many issues. I don't need color as I only print documents and other misc. papers, so a laser at this price point is fine by me. Also leaving out the cost of toner/ink in the decision. Only real requirements is that it has good support in Windows 10 and doesn't have sporadic issues. This printer looks like it would be reliable (I've seen quite a few similar ones on campus), but I just wanted to see if anyone here had some good recommendations.

If you want colour for cheaper (i have this printer, works with Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Mac, Android, iPhone)

https://www.amazon.com/Epson-WF-2750-Wireless-Printer-Scanner/dp/B01DME4JBG/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1517023167&sr=1-3&keywords=wf+2650

ink is cheap for this

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Think of a printer as you would a mobo. Get it for as cheap as possible, with only the features you need; otherwise you're wasting money. 

So I'd recommend waiting until your local Staples (Office max in the US?) has a sale on them and try to pick one up for cheap.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

7 minutes ago, JDE said:

If you want colour for cheaper (i have this printer, works with Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Mac, Android, iPhone)

https://www.amazon.com/Epson-WF-2750-Wireless-Printer-Scanner/dp/B01DME4JBG/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1517023167&sr=1-3&keywords=wf+2650

ink is cheap for this

Don't have a need for color at all. From the reviews (Surprising amount of 1 stars), it seems that it wastes ink very fast compared to other printers.

8 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Think of a printer as you would a mobo. Get it for as cheap as possible, with only the features you need; otherwise you're wasting money. 

So I'd recommend waiting until your local Staples (Office max in the US?) has a sale on them and try to pick one up for cheap.

I probably should have specified that I need to get one before Tuesday (I probably will go in store tomorrow to check some out), and we have both Staples and Office Max in the US (Office Depot here in town) ?

I whole heartedly recommend waiting for the Canon Pixma Pro 100 to go on sale again, they're amazing and super nice. The prints are great and a ton of pro photogs I've heard of use them or the bigger brother (the Pro 10S I think). 

Edit: Nevermind the Pixma Pro 100 deal is still going, they must've renewed it. Basically they sell the printer for $399 to you and then you get it, cut the serial number and shit and send in the mail in rebate, and you'll get a $250 debit/gift card. The ink for these is quite expensive, around $115-130 for an entire set depending on where you get it, but the 'setup' cartridges are actually fully filled retail cartridges, so you're not getting shorted. If you can't afford the ink costs (I can't even lol), there's a ton of China ink's on eBay/Amazon for like $15-45 for an entire set iirc. If you get really serious there's companies that sell refillable cartridges with some Canon level ink, it's cheaper but not as cheap as the chinese inks.

Oh, and also the mail in rebate deal will also give you a free set of 50 13x19 Pro Luster paper sheets, that are absolutely amazing and gigantic. I bought my printer with this deal from B&H last month and it came super quick. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/893738-REG/Canon_6228b002_Pixma_Pro_100_Photo_Inkjet.html

Nevermind, I literally didn't read most of the post and figured you wanted a photo printer cause this was in the photography section. sorry lmao

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!