Converting Addressable RGB Header to 12v LED Strip

I have an Asus ROG Strix Z370-I motherboard which apparently only comes with a single addressable RGB header. Unfortunately the LED strips I have are standard 5050 12v LEDs which can't connect to the 5v addressable header. Is there a hub or adapter of some kind that I can use so that I can control the LED strips with the mobo's header? As a last resort, a USB LED controller could work, but that means it won't be controlled by Aura Sync.

If your source is 5v , and the led's require 12v , then no , you need to used the correct voltage led's based on what's being supplied. 

1 minute ago, emosun said:

If your source is 5v , and the led's require 12v , then no , you need to used the correct voltage led's based on what's being supplied. 

Using a passive connector it isn't possible. But an active hub or adapter of some sort would still work. I just don't know if anyone sells an active adapter.

3 minutes ago, Keco185 said:

But an active hub or adapter of some sort would still work. I just don't know if anyone sells an active adapter.

For that proprietary system? Probably not. They have no reason to standardize their control system so it's much easier to just have everything be 5v.

I do get what you mean , but i don't think they have a reason to make such an adapter.

28 minutes ago, emosun said:

For that proprietary system? Probably not. They have no reason to standardize their control system so it's much easier to just have everything be 5v.

I do get what you mean , but i don't think they have a reason to make such an adapter.

I think phanteks may have made one

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

whats led volt operation range? 90vac to 125vac

12vdc rgb operate on amps 

so you need convert the rgb ((12vdc(#amps)=watts=colorhue)) to led ((#vac(1amp)=watts=colorhue))

basicly 1 use am style signal

other uses fm style

this is if not using pwm signal this is (1/(# to #)(staticvolt * (static amp))=watt time slice or pwm

even knowing this its best to just buy the correct equipments as adapters may or maynot do "fully" correct signal transcode as the resistors and circuit components will vary in quality of both design and materials