[Problem]asus p8p67 mismatched ram fails too post

[Problem]asus p8p67 mismatched ram fails too post

i recently got a asus p8p67 pro motherboard i think its a b3 but i dont have the original box
for it got it from ebay 2018
the problem i am having is that i cant get the board too post with out match/kitted ram sticks im currently using 2, 2gbytes in dual channel mode the exact model is:
"elixir m2f2g64cb88b7n-cg" 2x2gbytes 1333mhrz
and i also have another 1333mhrz 2gbyte stick which is:
"unifosa gu512303ep0202"
and i also have a 1066mghrz 4gbyte "g.skill f3 8500cl7d-8gbrl"
which will total 10gigabyte of DDR3 ram
but i dont know how to get the motherboard to work with all the ram and all dimm slots work and it posts with a single stick of the miss matched or with both of the elixir's

Try mixing the ram in different slots. Works sometimes, you also might have gotten a faulty stick, do trial and error.

all my ram have been use in a for a year they are fully functional i have been using this combo of ram in a hp compaq pro 6300 microtower that has a i5 3470 cpu with a gtx 1050 ti but i transplanted the entire thing to the asus board and got a better case with zero instabiliy

and also 2 of the stick have ram only on one side and the other 2 have ram on both sides

On 1/26/2018 at 4:14 AM, Konrad Kwasniewski said:

Try mixing the ram in different slots. Works sometimes, you also might have gotten a faulty stick, do trial and error.

i took screen shot of all the ram i have

elixir.png

xfgjcfb.png

xfjhfgn.png

There are several things to check

On 1/26/2018 at 11:06 AM, clutchmaster said:

but i dont know how to get the motherboard to work with all the ram and all dimm slots work and it posts with a single stick of the miss matched or with both of the elixir's

Let me see if I understood: if you use each stick alone, one by one, all of them work in this motherboard?

23 hours ago, clutchmaster said:

all my ram have been use in a for a year they are fully functional i have been using this combo of ram in a hp compaq pro 6300 microtower

The key is whether they work in the new one, hence why the need to test one by one (or at least type by type). More on this below.

23 hours ago, clutchmaster said:

and also 2 of the stick have ram only on one side and the other 2 have ram on both sides

Check your motherboard's manual for memory compatibility, and the specs of each of your kits. Look at everything, things like "sinlge rank" or "double rank" included. Alternatively, just try to post with each stick/kit one by one.

2 hours ago, clutchmaster said:

i took screen shot of all the ram i have

Which RAM settings are you using? As you can see in your screenshots, all kits share JEDEC modes up to JEDEC #2. They all have a JEDEC #3 with the same frequencey, but different timings. I would put one stick only, use it to access the BIOS and make sure that you choose the memory settings corresponding to the JEDEC #2 prfofile (or #1, but not higher than 2), making sure its 533MHz (so 1066MHz) and all the timings are as in this screenshot. Don't let the motherboard choose on its own, force it to use the common profile. Then gradually add kits, and if successful, check BIOS to see if it's keeping your RAM settings.

I would also recommend reading the relevant section of motherboard's manual, paying attention to "supported" and "recommended" configurations.

2 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Let me see if I understood: if you use each stick alone, one by one, all of them work in this motherboard?

The key is whether they work in the new one, hence why the need to test one by one (or at least type by type). More on this below.

Check your motherboard's manual for memory compatibility, and the specs of each of your kits. Look at everything, things like "sinlge rank" or "double rank" included. Alternatively, just try to post with each stick/kit one by one.

Which RAM settings are you using? As you can see in your screenshots, all kits share JEDEC modes up to JEDEC #2. They all have a JEDEC #3 with the same frequencey, but different timings. I would put one stick only, use it to access the BIOS and make sure that you choose the memory settings corresponding to the JEDEC #2 prfofile (or #1, but not higher than 2), making sure its 533MHz (so 1066MHz) and all the timings are as in this screenshot. Don't let the motherboard choose on its own, force it to use the common profile. Then gradually add kits, and if successful, check BIOS to see if it's keeping your RAM settings.

I would also recommend reading the relevant section of motherboard's manual, paying attention to "supported" and "recommended" configurations.

thats what i did but windows 7 decided to hang at a black screen when trying to log into the desktop than my pc turned itself off after a minute that is with the G.Skill 4gbytes stick im now at the momnet using the 2 elixir 2gbyte sticks everything in the bios is on Auto

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

3 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

ok umm i did the same thing but left the primary timings alone and now im in windows with the elixir's

but putting more sticks in it refuses to post even if i use 2Gbytes 1333 ram instead of the 4gbyte stick and MEMOK still does nothing