Thick or Thin Laptops?

DrDerp
On 1/26/2018 at 5:57 PM, dieegoperi said:

Thin laptops here. I'd have bought the MSI GS63VR if the battery was a bit better, so I went for the Xiaomi Notebook Pro i7 and 16 RAM, the MX 150 was enough for me (Overwatch, Age of Mythology, Lego games, They are billions... that kind of stuff) it's enough because I used to have a 1050 one and didn't use it that much. I own a i7 6700K and a 1070 so I can wait to get home to play heavy games.

I mean, if you don't own a desktop pc I think you should go for an extra thicc one if you game that much and wanna play the Triple A games. Or if you do light gaming as I do (I play heavy games on my desktop, but I wouldn't mind playing on lowest settings, I used to own a GT 840M) then go for the MX 150, it's really good.

I have been looking at The Xiaomi Mi Air since 2016, and the Notebook Pro came in and blew it outta the water. It's just the thermals that kill the thing.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

17 hours ago, dieegoperi said:

which thermals? Xiaomi laptop thermals? It's quiet and cool, no problems with heat.

The Xiaomi Mi Air has rough thermals, and it gets throttled a lot easier. I’m personally most likely to get an Acer Aspire 5, as it’s great for the price, along with having suport unlike Xiaomi. If Xiaomi releases a Core i5 8200 MX150 with better thermals for 700 dollars, then I’m sold on them. 

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Thick enough to house an RJ45 socket. Usually other I/O is granted once you are at that level.

Other things equal, thin and light is fine, why not, especially light (no laptop ever felt "thick" to me), but in my opinion any advantages from thinness go out of the window once you have to pack an army of dongles.

my back says thin, my mind says thick.

(ive owned an alienware 17r for quite some time, in a backpack...oww...)

but thin is always better from a design perspective imo

I have an Alienware 15r3 so that pretty much answers that by itself :P

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

Thick with good specs is fine for me as long as it has the battery life to back up the weight. My Inspiron 7000 Gaming (7700HQ and 1050ti) has been serving me very well as a portable gaming companion for my main PC (fucking heavy HAF X bitch but I love it) as well as being my main work laptop with a battery that lasts easily all day for my needs. I only charged it once this week.

That's an F in the profile pic

I like thin laptops, love my 2017 MacBook Pro. one of the best laptops ive had

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

2 hours ago, dieegoperi said:

That's because it wasn't meant to be a gaming laptop but an ultrabook. You can ligth gaming on it (they are billions, age of empires, emulators, platforms...)

I know. It’s just what I intend to do. I don’t want overly gamer athstetics, or the price, but I want a decent GPU without sacrificing battery life. So a MX150 would work.