What are the biggest improvements I can do with this build?

ekkelekkekt

Setup is going to be used for:

Games: Like PUGB, Fortnite, Overwatch and Doom

Productivity: programming, watching videos, email, web-browsing and other non-intensive tasks

Link to PcPartPicker

Budget?

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

Well - number one - Dual channel RAM - for your system 2 x 8GB

Cooler - I would make it an AIO (NZXT Kraken)

Fans - I would make them RGB, and add more of them. 

Other than that - good build

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

If you are buying it all 2 Sticks of ram for dual channel, 1080 ti if you are going to get a 1080 the upgrade is probably worth it, Get a Noctua cooler or an AIO 50 to a hundred dollars to cool a 400 dollar CPU isn't that bad. Looks wise Cable-mod cables and Corsair light-loops or the similar fans from CES

10 minutes ago, Spookyjugular said:

1080 ti if you are going to get a 1080 the upgrade is probably worth it

Debatable at the moment due to it costing almost twice as much

wtf is that monitor ew.. get a 1440p ultrawide or a regular 1440p with a high refresh rate

also get a better cooler. that evo wont do much tbh.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Since its a windowed case, I would get custom cables so that you aren't stuck with the generic black ones. As the others say, get an AIO so you get better thermals on the 8700k.

Get two RAM sticks to have dual channel... 8700k will choke on lack of bandwidth with single channel. Important especially for pushing 144Hz.

Yeah. Even if you love the monitor, ditch it. Not a good choice.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Change the cooler to an aio

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.