Overclocking Laptop Display Hz?

So i was wondering if i could overclock my laptop's screen

The only issue is, that i have Nvida Optimus, (meaning Integrated Gpu/Nvidia)

How do i overclock my laptop display?

My specs are in my signature

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Not possible to 'overclock' screens. You would literally destroy the display if you even tried messing with anything like that.

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

CPU: i7 8650U  |  GPU: GTX 1060M  |  RAM: 16GB DDR3

Not possible to 'overclock' screens. You would literally destroy the display if you even tried messing with anything like that.

Oh ok

Im getting a new Benq 60hz monitor, so can i overclock that when i get it?

And how do i overclock my benq?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Oh ok

You cannot overclock any display. Period. It comes as is

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

Oh ok

dont do it. its not worth it at all

OC a screen that would be cool

I am going to liquid cool it

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

ive seen software, (such as CRU, and Nvidia control panel) to oc monitors, and people have been successful.

There is a thread on this forum where someone links to a program i cannot remember his username, but you can use that some people got good overclocks +15hz i seem to remember the korean monitors but alot including me could not get anything if at all very little +1 mayber +2

Without crashing the screen

There is a thread on this forum where someone links to a program i cannot remember his username, but you can use that some people got good overclocks +15hz i seem to remember the korean monitors but alot including me could not get anything if at all very little +1 mayber +2

Without crashing the screen

yeah i saw that post earlier, but since i have an intel integrated and my nvidia, i cant use it!

Tell that to my screen. 60Hz running at 72Hz

Go into your graphics properties, screen resolution and create a custom resolution. Leave all the settings as is except change refresh rate to whatever you want. If you push it to far, nothing will display and it will revert back to old settings. This happens for me a 75Hz. I can run at 74Hz but I run at 72Hz as it is more stable.

Note, I did this on a old screen that I don't care about. It has been like this for a long time now (6 months) but I still would do it on really expensive screen. It will have its long lasting effects eventually.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

yeah i saw that post earlier, but since i have an intel integrated and my nvidia, i cant use it!

Yer he mentioned in the post if i can remeber about a previous post for nvidia cards but you would have a hard time finding the post using the search function so er good luck

Yer he mentioned in the post if i can remeber about a previous post for nvidia cards but you would have a hard time finding the post using the search function so er good luck

its in my history :)

I stand corrected. I guess I just never thought it was possible

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

Surface Book 2 15"

you can "overclock" refresh rate 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Its really not worth doing forcing a screen to update faster than its rated for will kill the life of it. Also it wont display to a full potential 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Its really not worth doing forcing a screen to update faster than its rated for will kill the life of it. Also it wont display to a full potential 

Ok thanks

BTW, i just got a Samsung Smart TV w/ 240Hz refresh rate

When i plug in my laptop, the refresh rate wont go higher than 60.

Is it something with my laptop or tv?

Ok thanks

Tv refresh rate is bs.its. not 240 hz

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

• 9 months later...

240 HZ on a TV can and is being done, though resolution usually suffers, as shown here:  http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M4221-B1-42-INCH-1080p-Smart/dp/B00JJNA10I/ref=dr_1_1

A laptop probably can't drive more than 60HZ on integrated graphics anyways, so it is probably hardware limited.

I've just gotten my Quadro driven laptop overclocked to 90HZ actually.

Try Nvidia control panel if you haven't already.

• 1 year later...

Ok thanks

What cable are you using?

Ok thanks

240 HZ on a TV can and is being done, though resolution usually suffers, as shown here:  http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M4221-B1-42-INCH-1080p-Smart/dp/B00JJNA10I/ref=dr_1_1

A laptop probably can't drive more than 60HZ on integrated graphics anyways, so it is probably hardware limited.

I've just gotten my Quadro driven laptop overclocked to 90HZ actually.

Try Nvidia control panel if you haven't already.

You've been fooled :P, there are no TVs with 240Hz refresh rate. They advertise "240Hz" and leave it to you to assume they're talking about refresh rate, but they aren't. They're talking about the rate at which the backlight flickers. Usually they'll give it a special name that sounds similar, like "effective refresh rate" (such as the vizio TV you just linked) or "clear motion rate" or "true motion rate" or something like that.

You've been fooled :P, there are no TVs with 240Hz refresh rate. They advertise "240Hz" and leave it to you to assume they're talking about refresh rate, but they aren't. They're talking about the rate at which the backlight flickers. Usually they'll give it a special name that sounds similar, like "effective refresh rate" (such as the vizio TV you just linked) or "clear motion rate" or "true motion rate" or something like that.

holy crap it's been 2 years xD. Yeah I know that now and I sounded like such an idiot 2 years ago... I'm ashamed..