Can't charge my Laptop

Hi, I have ASUS X550C Laptop and I plugged wrong powersupply to it. There was a strange noise but the laptop was working fine untill the battery was empty. Now my laptop is dead. I can't charge the battery and it doesn't work when connected without it. Do you know what components I need to replace if the laptop was working fine but it doesn't charge. There wasn't any burning smell or colour change on the cable or on the laptop.

Thanks

Replace battery and if your feeling up to it replace the port.

I hAve an unfinished pc build. Pls dont bully for not having one yet or i cry.

So you plugged the wrong charger into the laptop? or you plugged the wrong power cable to the transformer? Please explain it better.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

I plugged wrong charger to the laptop. By mistake I plugged charger from my speakers to the laptop.

1 minute ago, SonicFart said:

I plugged wrong charger to the laptop. By mistake I plugged charger from my speakers to the laptop.

Oh dear. The noise you heard was something going bang inside your laptop. You have likely friend it but you could try...

power drain

cmos reset

ram reseat

Go from there.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

Just now, userzero said:

Oh dear. The noise you heard was something going bang inside your laptop. You have likely friend it but you could try...

power drain

cmos reset

ram reseat

Go from there.

But after I plugged the wrong charger the laptop still worked fine. I just can't charge the battery or power it without the battery.

10 minutes ago, SonicFart said:

But after I plugged the wrong charger the laptop still worked fine. I just can't charge the battery or power it without the battery.

So?  It's possible you blew out it's DC power and charging circuitry.  So while you didn't kill the LAPTOP, the laptop can on longer draw power from the DC jack.  Meaning that once the battery was depleted, it had no power source.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

So?  It's possible you blew out it's DC power and charging circuitry.  So while you didn't kill the LAPTOP, the laptop can on longer draw power from the DC jack.  Meaning that once the battery was depleted, it had no power source.

Any ideas what component I need to replace in this particular model? 

1 minute ago, SonicFart said:

Any ideas what component I need to replace in this particular model? 

It could be up to and including the entire motherboard.  You are probably in over your head and should contact Asus for service or otherwise a repair shop with skilled staff.

33 minutes ago, SonicFart said:

Hi, I have ASUS X550C Laptop and I plugged wrong powersupply to it. There was a strange noise but the laptop was working fine untill the battery was empty. Now my laptop is dead. I can't charge the battery and it doesn't work when connected without it. Do you know what components I need to replace if the laptop was working fine but it doesn't charge. There wasn't any burning smell or colour change on the cable or on the laptop.

Thanks

That's a problem.

Seems like you killed the Charging circuit of that Laptop.

You probably have a huge Problem...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Yeah, doesn't sound good...simple troubleshooting steps.

-Disconnect power cord from the laptop and its current outlet

-Remove battery

-Hold power button for 30 seconds

*Wait 3-5 minutes before moving on to the next set of steps*

-Connect power cord to a different outlet directly to the wall (no power strip/surge protector)

-Reconnect power cord to laptop and try to boot

-Reinsert battery and try to boot

If doing these things doesn't fix it contact ASUS and/or a local repair shop if you have one.